INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hatrang said:
Thanks a lot for valuable inputs, Jurjen.
By the way you said, I guess you didn't get Medical Exam in advance either, am I right? Please kindly advise me!
Right now, all three papers (fingerprint screening, police certificate inside Canada and Medical Exam) are optional and not official required in advance by CIC. Since you got approval, your input is really precious.
(P/S:I'm reading page 88 of this thread now to learn as much as possible, it seems to be endless since current page is 448!!!!!!)
hello hatrang,
i think i can answer some of your questions

1.your need police certificate from you home country ....2 set of fingerprint down here in canada and one send for your police certificate from your home country and the other attached to you PR application.
2.its will important to do your medical exams and attached your receipt to your PR application(that is the prove that you done your medicals)

hope this clear your mind now.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
tozo said:
2 set of fingerprint down here in canada and one send for your police certificate from your home country and the other attached to you PR application.
Thanks a lot tozo, the answer would help me out.
Just one thing's still fuzzy to me here: my country issues criminal record without asking for fingerprints (since we have our own national identification with the fingerprints, I guess). So, do you think I still need to order 1 more extra fingerprint set to attach with criminal record from my country?
And, totally you meant 2 or 3 sets? Since one goes with Police certificate in Canada, one goes with criminal record in my country, one goes with PR app, should be 3?
Again, thanks a lot :-*

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hatrang said:
Thanks a lot tozo, the answer would help me out.
Just one thing's still fuzzy to me here: my country issues criminal record without asking for fingerprints (since we have our own national identification with the fingerprints, I guess). So, do you think I still need to order 1 more extra fingerprint set to attach with criminal record from my country?
And, totally you meant 2 or 3 sets? Since one goes with Police certificate in Canada, one goes with criminal record in my country, one goes with PR app, should be 3?
Again, thanks a lot :-*
Hatrang,you only need to 2 set of your fingerprint .one for your home country and the other attached with your PR application.....HATRANG YOU DONT NEED POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR CANADA. just the fingerprint to included with your PR application.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
You're fast, appreciate a lot!!!!!
So now, here is what I have:

Answer from Police certificate (Canada) Fingerprints Medical exam Client ID No. (Can use the old one from current work permit or not?)
Angtao Yes Yes Yes N/A
Jurjen No No N/A N/A
Tozo No Yes (2 sets) Yes N/A
Hatrang Asking Asking Asking Yes, quoted from previous posts

Time to think and decide, hmm!!! :-\

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleurette said:
Hi CEC,
I would like to confirm that you can order your FOSS notes by email.
My husband used this method to order the last notes on August.
ATIP can also reply you back by email if the volume of final document doesn't exceed 50 pages.

The most interesting thing is that after getting PR my Foss notes became smaller :)
now they don't have any information about background and medical checks which have been presented before getting of final decision :)
Hi,

Have you got the FOSS back when ordering by e-mail? If yes, to what e-mail address did you send the request?

Very weird, I am going to tell you why.

Yesterday I called the office that takes care of the FOSS notes and I left my number. Today I got I call back from one of the agents and she has very nice and helpful.

The first question I asked was if I could order by e-mail the notes. She said I cannot, only by mail to Ottawa.

My second question was if ordering the CAIPS would delay the application (as many ppl say). She said it does no delay the application. I was sitting in front of the computer and I read this phrase to her:

"(Normally, it is not recommended to order "IN CANADA FILE (FOSS included)" since this requires that the paper file is taken out of storage and may affect processing times. The FOSS notes alone are usually sufficient.) "

She said this is not true. She said it might take longer to get the CAIPS back than the FOSS notes because they have to do more work and order different files from different offices, but she denied it would delay the application. But she did tell me that FOSS and GCMS are usually enough to get the kind of information we desire.

Regarding the option to get the notes on my e-mail, she said is possible, but as there is no way to know whether our files are over 25 pages or not, she advised me to check the options: E-mail and Hard Copy (paper)

According to her, it takes about 1 month to get the notes back.

Thanks

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
hatrang said:
3. If I want to get an open work permit during waiting time of PR processing, do I need to finish "changing work permit condition" application and attach with PR application? I read here and there, people said that I don't need to do anything, an open work permit will be automatically issued to me after 8 months of PR processing, is it true? If you guys went through this part, please kindly help.
angtao answered me: Yes, I need the application for open work permit to attach with PR application.
Should I approach with open work permit application or change conditions of the current closed work permit?
You need to use the form "Extend your stay or change conditions" and mention it's for the OWP at first stage approval.

hatrang said:
4. Medical examination: "5289E Instruction Guide.PDF" said that I don't need to do medical check before submitting application. However, still some people did it in advance (from this forum). Could you please advise if I need this one before submitting the application? Where should I go for checking and how much for it?
angtao answered me: Yes, I need to get medial exam
If you have any input like how much for the service and where should I go to do medical check, please kindly modify for me.
You don't have to send the medicals with your application, you're allowed to do them later. I advice that you do them 6 months after they received your application. That way CIC will still receive the results before they need it, so you don't have delay, but you don't have to worry about the medicals expiring either. That's how I did it.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hi CEC,

Yes, we requested the last FOSS notes by email.
You can also submit your FOSS completed forms via an email (atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca - according to Immipedia, and we used this address too).
The manager was right, don't order the full version of your file - "in-Canada file", because this request will delay your application. If you order the full file, they will take your application out of the processing queue to make a copy of it. And after that your application will be placed at the bottom of the pile.

Order just FOSS notes("FOSS electronic notes- information in Canada"), it has the basic information about your file, but you can find your medical and background check details there.

If you decide to order FOSS notes by email, ask them to reply you back with the PDF attachment. While they said about the page limitation (we were informed about 50 pages), they will try to accommodate your request. If your file is really large, they will send you a hard copy by usual mail.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Jurjen said:
You don't have to send the medicals with your application, you're allowed to do them later. I advice that you do them 6 months after they received your application. That way CIC will still receive the results before they need it, so you don't have delay, but you don't have to worry about the medicals expiring either. That's how I did it.
I think this way is very smart, enough time for both sides and the medical exam will have less change to be expired before the real processing. Excellent Jurjen. Can you give me the address to modify papers after 6 months? Is it the same address as sending (Vegreville AB T9C 1W5, CANADA)? You just modified the medical exam by yourself even though CIC didn't ask it yet, didn't you? I understood as that way but just want to confirm the last time. Thanks for the useful inputs!

So now, here is what I have:
Answer from Police certificate (Canada) Fingerprints Medical exam Client ID No. (Can use the old one from current work permit or not?)
Angtao Yes Yes Yes N/A
Jurjen No No Yes (after 6 months) N/A

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Dear inlanders, I am wondering whether I need to meet minumum income requirement if I am sponsoring my husband.
I have two babies, one is PR sponsorede by me, and the other is a canadian citizen. Since I am having my maternity leave this year, I am afraid my income won't be enough.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
hatrang said:
(You had attached image of study permit but I can't post link into this forum, so I have to delete the link, hope you know which post I'm talking about)

Hello Love_Young,
I'm posting questions on another inland thread for 2011, however, looking at this post, I have a new question just for this post. Please kindly advise me, appreciate for your help!
I'm here in Canada more than a year so far under Closed Work Permit. I quit the job some months ago since "enough is enough", I couldn't stand for the employers anymore. I got married here in Canada in June, 2011. My visa will be expired in Jan, 2012. I intend to submit my application next month (October, 2011).
When I fill the form "IMM0008ENU_2D Generic Application Form for Canada," I intend to leave UCI blank because I think the client ID on my work permit won't suit the case of PR anymore. However, looking at this post, I know that client number on work permit also makes some sense to PR application. Do you think I should use client ID no on work permit to request fingerprints (appendix B) and fill into UCI for PR application?
Your client ID remains the same for everything dealing with immigration.

hatrang said:
Here are my questions in another thread, by any chances if any of you here can answer, please freely drop me some lines, thanks very in advance:

1. I read a lot, some people said I don't need Police certificate inside Canada, others said yes. I know from CIC tiny post, I don't really need it. However, people claimed that if I get it early, my application may process faster. To be honest, please let me know what I should do now?
If I want to get it first, should I print Appendix A to any local police office? Can I request it online? How much do I pay for it?

angtao answered me: Yes, I need police certificate, especially I need the fingerprints first.

2. The same as police certificate, now, the fingerprint. Let's say if I want to get fingerprints before submitting the application, which Client ID no. should I fill into Appendix B? I don't have any client ID no except the one on my work permit. I know the one on my work permit doesn't make sense in this case. Please help!!!!! So confused.
angtao answered me: Yes, I need the fingerprint. But I still don't know which client ID to put into the request form yet.
My new question after angtao is here: I don't submit my application to CIC yet, therefore I don't have any Client ID no. I feel this one like a infinite loop between forms. This one relates to my question for Love_Young above.

3. If I want to get an open work permit during waiting time of PR processing, do I need to finish "changing work permit condition" application and attach with PR application? I read here and there, people said that I don't need to do anything, an open work permit will be automatically issued to me after 8 months of PR processing, is it true? If you guys went through this part, please kindly help.
angtao answered me: Yes, I need the application for open work permit to attach with PR application.
Should I approach with open work permit application or change conditions of the current closed work permit?

4. Medical examination: "5289E Instruction Guide.PDF" said that I don't need to do medical check before submitting application. However, still some people did it in advance (from this forum). Could you please advise if I need this one before submitting the application? Where should I go for checking and how much for it?
angtao answered me: Yes, I need to get medial exam
If you have any input like how much for the service and where should I go to do medical check, please kindly modify for me.

Finally, thanks a lot for your time on my post. Please forgive me if some answers should be around already, I'm trying to read more and more in the mean time too.
1. You do not need to request a Canadian police certificate. CIC conducts their own RCMP check on you. If it is needed (which most times it isn't) then they will request it from you. If it is requested they will mail a letter to you and you will take this letter along with you to get your certificate.

2. Your client ID remains the same throughout anything immigration related. My client ID has remained the same from the moment I first got a visitor record, through two more extensions, OWP, PR, etc. Yours will as well. It is your unique number and will remain with you for life. About fingerprints and certificates, you do need to get that done for any country you have lived for longer than 6 months in the past 10 years or since you were 18, whichever comes first and include it with the initial application. You do not need to get a RCMP check unless requested because CIC already does this on your behalf. If they request fingerprints for a Canadian certificate, you will be notified.

3. No and I repeat, no, a OWP will NOT automatically be mailed to you after receiving AIP approval. It is your responsibility to include an application for OWP, all that is on the document checklist for it, and include it with your initial submission of your PR application to Vegreville. Make sure it is received BEFORE your current status is due to expire. Get tracking on your application as well and make copies of things. If they receive it before your status expires, you will not need to keep applying to renew your status if you haven't received AIP before your current status expires. You will remain on implied status. You only benefit from this though if you send in the OWP before your status expires though. If you are given AIP approval then you will get your OWP along with the letters in the mail 10-11 months after Vegreville received your application. You will use the same application as an extension and will mark as "change of conditions".

4. Yes, you should include the medical with the initial submission of your application. If you want to benefit from smooth processing with little to no delay then include both the medical and any police certificates for countries you have lived in for longer than 6 months (other than Canada) with your application.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jurjen said:
I advice that you do them 6 months after they received your application. That way CIC will still receive the results before they need it, so you don't have delay, but you don't have to worry about the medicals expiring either. That's how I did it.
Its not really necessary to wait to do it Jurjen. Medicals are valid for 12 months from the time they are done and quite often IO's for the inland process extend the validity of the medicals if they find it is pressing time for them to expire. Not saying it isn't a good idea but you would have the unnecessary worry of making sure the medicals got attached and in time. Trust me, things get lost. Why give yourself unneeded stress when you could relax a bit better knowing you have a COMPLETE application to submit.

If you are missing things then it isn't ready for submission. Wait to submit until you have everything completed. It really helps.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
SMA.DE said:
Dear inlanders, I am wondering whether I need to meet minumum income requirement if I am sponsoring my husband.
I have two babies, one is PR sponsorede by me, and the other is a canadian citizen. Since I am having my maternity leave this year, I am afraid my income won't be enough.
No you do not need to worry about a minimum income requirement. And it is absolutely okay to be on maternity leave. As long as you aren't bankrupt or receiving social assistance (welfare), other than disability, then you will be just fine.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
CONGRATULATIONS TO FLEURETTE ON YOUR LANDING TODAY!

"Welcome to Canada" and I hope you have a lovely day.
Please let us know how everything goes. :D

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Love_Young said:
Your client ID remains the same for everything dealing with immigration.

1. You do not need to request a Canadian police certificate. CIC conducts their own RCMP check on you. If it is needed (which most times it isn't) then they will request it from you. If it is requested they will mail a letter to you and you will take this letter along with you to get your certificate.

2. Your client ID remains the same throughout anything immigration related. My client ID has remained the same from the moment I first got a visitor record, through two more extensions, OWP, PR, etc. Yours will as well. It is your unique number and will remain with you for life. About fingerprints and certificates, you do need to get that done for any country you have lived for longer than 6 months in the past 10 years or since you were 18, whichever comes first and include it with the initial application. You do not need to get a RCMP check unless requested because CIC already does this on your behalf. If they request fingerprints for a Canadian certificate, you will be notified.

3. No and I repeat, no, a OWP will NOT automatically be mailed to you after receiving AIP approval. It is your responsibility to include an application for OWP, all that is on the document checklist for it, and include it with your initial submission of your PR application to Vegreville. Make sure it is received BEFORE your current status is due to expire. Get tracking on your application as well and make copies of things. If they receive it before your status expires, you will not need to keep applying to renew your status if you haven't received AIP before your current status expires. You will remain on implied status. You only benefit from this though if you send in the OWP before your status expires though. If you are given AIP approval then you will get your OWP along with the letters in the mail 10-11 months after Vegreville received your application. You will use the same application as an extension and will mark as "change of conditions".

4. Yes, you should include the medical with the initial submission of your application. If you want to benefit from smooth processing with little to no delay then include both the medical and any police certificates for countries you have lived in for longer than 6 months (other than Canada) with your application.
Aww, love you Love_Young, very clear answers. You're early today too. Thanks a lot, hun!

So now, here is what I have (summary for me and new readers later too):

Angtao Yes Yes Yes N/A
Jurjen No No Yes (after 6 months) N/A
Love_Young No Yes Yes Yes, use the same client ID

And of course, will prepare OWP app to attach with my PR app too.
Thank you guys all very much. I have answers for all important questions now.
I'm really happy to find this forum just in time.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
hatrang said:
Aww, love you Love_Young, very clear answers. You're early today too. Thanks a lot, hun!
And of course, will prepare OWP app to attach with my PR app too.
Thank you guys all very much. I have answers for all important questions now.
I'm really happy to find this forum just in time.
You're very welcome, I just hope I helped. Yes, I have my sleeping pattern messed up again. My hubby works overnights and I have stayed up during the nights with him like this for 2 years. Hard habit to kick. :p I wish you lots of luck and hope you'll keep in touch.