Inland Application 2011

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Angus said:
Looks like no update today either...

nilyam - I think I read somewhere else that you just need to send in a copy of the birth certificate and have them add it to your file.
thanks angus, we are waiting for my son's birth certificate. as soon as we get it. i will send it to cic. thanks.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Angus, that is awesome. There must be some sort of changes going on there.

BTW, did you use the old forms or the new forms?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi Everyone,

First of all congrats to Angus.Its good that everyone is sharing there stories. My stories is that i got married 4 years ago my wife is Canadian and I was in UK. We applied last year OUT-LAND application from UK and this year i moved to Canada in April. In May this year the UK office asked me to come for the interview in UK but I could not go there as my visa to UK was finished and i needed to reapply from my Home country which was a pain. So i sent a letter to the case worker that i would like to Withdraw my file. In July rather then withdrawing my application on my request the case worker made decision and rejected my application on the ground that i did not came for the interview (when he knew the circumstances and even i requested to withdrew my application).

Now I applied from Inside Canada on 18th August and received a letter from them that they have received my case on 24th August. Since then i am waiting.

Thats my story!!!!

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Angus, that is awesome. There must be some sort of changes going on there.

BTW, did you use the old forms or the new forms?
Used the old forms ::)

Thanks everyone! Yeah didn't actually think it would happen to anyone else. So it must be something to do with the changes in July - which really sucks for everyone before July :(

I do have a pretty straight forward case, so I thought maybe that helped a little?!? But I guess we will never know..

You never know, it could just be a new way of processing the sponsors for first stage (to get the applicant working on a OWP ASAP), but then second stage is longer - my PR could still be a year and a half + off. I guess we will find out soon.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Angus, if it's correct you have AIP now, I would like to send the huge congratulations to you. Your case encourages us that CIC is speeding up.
I read one post and knew you are current holding a work permit. Can I ask if you're working right now? I think if you're working and paying tax, it may be also the key for CIC to approve you early, just my thought ::)!

Congratulations again, I'm so happy for you.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Angus said:
So....

My husband and I got letters from CIC today, both dated September 26, 2011 which is the date my app. went 'In Progress'

My Letter:
“This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse of common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background...

You may now apply for an open work permit...”

My husband's letter:
“This letter refers to the application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ****ME**** and family (if applicable).
AMAZING NEWS... Im so happy for you both... yeehaw... congratulations.....

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Angus said:
Used the old forms ::)

Thanks everyone! Yeah didn't actually think it would happen to anyone else. So it must be something to do with the changes in July - which really sucks for everyone before July :(

I do have a pretty straight forward case, so I thought maybe that helped a little?!? But I guess we will never know..

You never know, it could just be a new way of processing the sponsors for first stage (to get the applicant working on a OWP ASAP), but then second stage is longer - my PR could still be a year and a half + off. I guess we will find out soon.
...nooo... please positive thoughts... I say (me making a wish for you) you will get PR in February... Yeah!!!! if you think is too much then I'll change my wish ok :D

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone!does anyone here knows how to check for the status of the sponsor is?i've tried all the necessary informations of my husband as the sponsor but he can't get in into the ecas.if you have any thoughts regarding this matter pls do help me..just wanna see if my husband is elligible to sponsor me and if he is approved for that one..thank you and looking forward of hearing from you guys soon...

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hatrang said:
Angus, if it's correct you have AIP now, I would like to send the huge congratulations to you. Your case encourages us that CIC is speeding up.
I read one post and knew you are current holding a work permit. Can I ask if you're working right now? I think if you're working and paying tax, it may be also the key for CIC to approve you early, just my thought ::)!

Congratulations again, I'm so happy for you.
I am working at the moment. I arrived in Canada March 2006 and have worked full time since then. My husband and I met in April 2007, married August 2010 and I filed for PR July 2011. My husband was born in Canada and there are no kids (yet) on either side.

So as my case is fairly straight forward and I've already been in the CIC system for almost 6 years maybe that helped?

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Yeah!!! Good for you, Angus! ;)

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angus said:
I am working at the moment. I arrived in Canada March 2006 and have worked full time since then. My husband and I met in April 2007, married August 2010 and I filed for PR July 2011. My husband was born in Canada and there are no kids (yet) on either side.

So as my case is fairly straight forward and I've already been in the CIC system for almost 6 years maybe that helped?

Angus, congrats!! This is great new for you guys!!

Hatrang, I do not believe that working and paying taxes is the decisive factor that has prompted CIC to expedite some approvals. The common denominator for the 3 people in the 2011 thread that received their AIP earlier than expected, is that all of their applications were received by CPC-V in July 2011. Why July? Well, that's the 1 million dollar question!

The immigration gods work in mysterious ways! :D

S.