Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
Angus said:
So....

My husband and I got letters from CIC today, both dated September 26, 2011 which is the date my app. went 'In Progress'

My Letter:
“This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse of common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background...

You may now apply for an open work permit...”

My husband's letter:
“This letter refers to the application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ****ME**** and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear for this office shortly

...”

My eCas is still just showing this:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 26, 2011.

Edit: Just logged in under my husband’s UCI it shows:

Sponsorship Application Status – Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status – In Process

If I click on ‘Decision Made’ it has:
We received your application to sponsor ***ME*** on July 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 17, 2011.

We sent you a letter on September 26, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Angus, first of all congratulations, awesome news.
I just joined the club few days ago and your history encourages us to have faith and wait for the best to us all.
Congratulations again!

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Congrats Angus! Thats wonderful news!

buima

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
First of all my congrats to Angus on ur AIP, to answer you Angelparnes first of all it might take a while for the sponsor to be able to logon ecas, but as applicant or person being sponsored you can log ecas using you cic id number that you can find on any previous cic issued document. I dunno if that answered your question
angelparnes said:
hello everyone!does anyone here knows how to check for the status of the sponsor is?i've tried all the necessary informations of my husband as the sponsor but he can't get in into the ecas.if you have any thoughts regarding this matter pls do help me..just wanna see if my husband is elligible to sponsor me and if he is approved for that one..thank you and looking forward of hearing from you guys soon...

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Angus said:
I am working at the moment. I arrived in Canada March 2006 and have worked full time since then. My husband and I met in April 2007, married August 2010 and I filed for PR July 2011. My husband was born in Canada and there are no kids (yet) on either side.

So as my case is fairly straight forward and I've already been in the CIC system for almost 6 years maybe that helped?
Thanks a lot Angus, your case is very straight forward, I agree. Congrats again!!!!!! hurray!!!!!

Serendipity said:
Hatrang, I do not believe that working and paying taxes is the decisive factor that has prompted CIC to expedite some approvals. The common denominator for the 3 people in the 2011 thread that received their AIP earlier than expected, is that all of their applications were received by CPC-V in July 2011. Why July? Well, that's the 1 million dollar question!

The immigration gods work in mysterious ways! :D
S.
Yeah, I saw the magical July too. I'm hoping for some magics on months before and after July too, LOL. If my remembrance is good enough, July was the month they started changing forms. However, July candidates were still using old forms anyway. It makes no sense. Oh well, by any meaning, July was still a milestone for Inlanders 2011!

I don't know about two other cases. However, I still think Angus' case is very straight forward is almost ideal for getting fast approval.

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angus said:
So....

My husband and I got letters from CIC today, both dated September 26, 2011 which is the date my app. went 'In Progress'

My Letter:
“This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse of common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background...

You may now apply for an open work permit...”

My husband's letter:
“This letter refers to the application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ****ME**** and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear for this office shortly

...”

My eCas is still just showing this:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 26, 2011.

Edit: Just logged in under my husband’s UCI it shows:

Sponsorship Application Status – Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status – In Process

If I click on ‘Decision Made’ it has:
We received your application to sponsor ***ME*** on July 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 17, 2011.

We sent you a letter on September 26, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Congratulations Angus! That's a good news! Good luck to all of us and news like this inspires us and keep us motivated..!

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buima
thanks for the info,really appreciate it so much,yeah, i can log in into ecas using my id number as principal applicant and it says in process,i sent mine last june 24 and until now theres no change yet into my ecas,im happy for angus and she's so lucky for the AIP,hoping that all of us here will have the luck also..:)..well, i still be waiting for a miracle from cic,praying for that!!and yeah,maybe my husband will able to log in into ecas maybe next year already...thanks for the info guys!!!
angel

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) Hi everybody!
Angus, congrats on AIP - that is great news.

I just called the agent to find out if my additional papers were attached to the file (I sent some more proof of my marriage in November) - she told me they haven't attached those yet, but she told me that yesterday they sent background check for me and that's the last action on my file!
Why are they doing background check if I don't have first stage approved yet! I was sure that is what they do after AIP, but I definately don't have AIP! I am totally confused now... What is going on there, I have no idea!
If anyone knows the answer - please let me know!

Good luck to everyone!

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Am_lina11 said:
Why are they doing background check if I don't have first stage approved yet! I was sure that is what they do after AIP, but I definately don't have AIP! I am totally confused now... What is going on there, I have no idea!
If anyone knows the answer - please let me know!

Good luck to everyone!
Don't worry Am_lina11, I am assuming that they just require some updates on your Schedule A Background form regarding your work, address history, and organization; particularly on the date range from July to Present. If you read some of our previous posts, you will find that some of us actually received the letter. I am not sure if you will be getting a similar letter but that would be my best guess. Cheers!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Omg, no jump today. Wtf? This is terrible. Plus, it now says 11-12 months.

I dont know what to say. I am so upset and pissed.

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Last update: November 23, 2011 (initial assessment) 11-12 months
(working on applications received on December 5, 2010)
No jump and now it is 11-12 months! I'M FRUSTRATED! :'(

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I am just so upset about today's major setback. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that there was no jump. I thought I was seeing things. This is just so upsetting. It is almost at the 12 month mark. Today is Nov.23 and they are only working on Dec.5? That is a 12 day difference. One or 2 more *censored word*ty jumps and it will be 1 year. I hear Jason Kenney talking about the long wait for parents and toughening up immigration laws and stuff but nothing on how slow the spousal sponsorship apps are going. I am just so frustrated. My husband and I wanted to go and see his family in July but I highly doubt that will happen now.

Also, how come no one is being approved for both stages at the same time anymore?

I am wondering if sending a letter or an e-mail will help to Jason Kenney's office just to ask why the timelines are getting longer? What do you guys think? Should I just leave it alone just in case our app gets flagged? LOL

Where is everyone tonight? I thought there would be more of us raging tonight! LOL

So, I called CIC today because I was just so pissed off at the timelines and asked what was going on in Vegreville. The lady told me that Vegreville is so busy right now and very backlogged and that funding has been cut in that dept so they cannot hire more people to help with the backlog. I also asked her if there was anyway that people can get AIP that sent in there applications this year as a few of you guys have got approvals. She said that they only give AIP roughly around the date they are working on which would be Dec.2010. Angus and Tecle, could you guys call CIC and just see if it is AIP? I know it is none of my business but the lady said that she has been working for CIC for a few years now and she has never heard of people getting AIP that just sent in there apps a few months ago. I don't know guys. I don't know what to say. The wait is just getting to me.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Oh, I forgot to add that she told me they are opening additional documents from July 25.

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
I went last Tuesday to service Ontario to renew my health card , and they renew with the letter AIP cause she told me its the approval in principle.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) I understand you guys more than you can imagine!!! I was freaking out the last two weeks, but I have no more energy for CIC! Now they updated my file that they got requested info (that they never requested) on nov 22! I am confused as I never got a second letter which would request any info. I just sent some papers as proof of my marriage. I am confused, exhausted with thoughts about AIP, how they work and so on and so force...

We have just to wait! I myself suck in this!
Angtao, please get strong and believe that you WILL go and see your family with your husband!

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello guys, i'm new in this forum. I know how difficult is this waiting... I just want to say that in despite of all this wait, we are lucky of being with our family, and we must enjoy it. I know most of us must be upset, because time is getting longer and longer, but just think about all those couples who can't be together and all the time of the process are separated,,, So don't forget this.

I want to share mi timeline with you.

App received march 30
App opened April 18
Letter to continue with MICC september
CSQ received in october
AIP.. I still waiting.

So good luck to everybody and don'T be discouraged.

Byebye

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
angtao said:
I am just so upset about today's major setback. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that there was no jump. I thought I was seeing things. This is just so upsetting. It is almost at the 12 month mark. Today is Nov.23 and they are only working on Dec.5? That is a 12 day difference. One or 2 more *censored word*ty jumps and it will be 1 year. I hear Jason Kenney talking about the long wait for parents and toughening up immigration laws and stuff but nothing on how slow the spousal sponsorship apps are going. I am just so frustrated. My husband and I wanted to go and see his family in July but I highly doubt that will happen now.

Also, how come no one is being approved for both stages at the same time anymore?

I am wondering if sending a letter or an e-mail will help to Jason Kenney's office just to ask why the timelines are getting longer? What do you guys think? Should I just leave it alone just in case our app gets flagged? LOL

Where is everyone tonight? I thought there would be more of us raging tonight! LOL

So, I called CIC today because I was just so pissed off at the timelines and asked what was going on in Vegreville. The lady told me that Vegreville is so busy right now and very backlogged and that funding has been cut in that dept so they cannot hire more people to help with the backlog. I also asked her if there was anyway that people can get AIP that sent in there applications this year as a few of you guys have got approvals. She said that they only give AIP roughly around the date they are working on which would be Dec.2010. Angus and Tecle, could you guys call CIC and just see if it is AIP? I know it is none of my business but the lady said that she has been working for CIC for a few years now and she has never heard of people getting AIP that just sent in there apps a few months ago. I don't know guys. I don't know what to say. The wait is just getting to me.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Oh, I forgot to add that she told me they are opening additional documents from July 25.

Trust me i know how ur feeling. They received my app on Jan 7th, and just as I thought I should be hearing back from them soon, theres more delays. I really dont know what to do anymore. Ive been sitting on my ass for the past year. Our first year of marriage has been hard due to me not working. I just want this nightmare to be over already.