Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
I understand how all you guys feel, my wife is getting pretty bored of staying at home. She really wants to go to University, so far she's had a positive attitude about it.

Still, I'm glad we are together, my friend sponsored his wife from overseas and it took over 2 years for her to get here! During that time he was only able to go visit her twice.

CIC is pretty stupid if you ask me, they should give first stage approval quickly for straightforward cases. They should let the spouses work rather than stay at home, by working people will be contributing and paying taxes!

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Your right. at the moment im living with my in laws, they have all been great to me, but I feel like a burden. My wife is making just enough money to get by, and I really want to contribute, but obviously cant. It would be wise for CIC to change their procedures, instead of people suffering the way they are.

I hope we get a jump tomorrow.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Junglist82 said:
Your right. at the moment im living with my in laws, they have all been great to me, but I feel like a burden. My wife is making just enough money to get by, and I really want to contribute, but obviously cant. It would be wise for CIC to change their procedures, instead of people suffering the way they are.

I hope we get a jump tomorrow.
I can understand how you would feel, it's tough for a man to stay home and watch his wife go to work. Hang in there, it will be over eventually , know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If you really get down try getting some exercise, it will help. Also try and get out of the house as often as you can , read books, go to movies etc..make sure you still enjoy yourself.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Tecle, that is amazing. I am so very happy for you.

Am_Lina, they say that they received your requested info but what that really means is that they have attached the additional info to your file. Can I ask you a question, can you post what your ecas now says? Also, could you tell me when they received the additional papers that you sent them?

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Am_Lina, they say that they received your requested info but what that really means is that they have attached the additional info to your file. Can I ask you a question, can you post what your ecas now says? Also, could you tell me when they received the additional papers that you sent them?
[/quote]

My file (copy/paste):
We received your application for permanent residence on July 6, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 14, 2011.

We received the requested information on August 22, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on November 22, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

The story:
Sent my main application.
Recieved a letter from CIC end of July with a request to edit my employment history.
Filled in requested info and attached an application for OWP.

September: by myself sent few pictures from our anniversary trip.
October: nothing
November:
November 2 file update: "we recieved requested info on August 22."
-called in the CIC center, agent confirmed that that added my OWP Application to the main file.

November 4: by myself sent proof of my relationship, insurance, mail that comes at the same address, etc.
November 23: I call to find out if the info sent on Nov 4 was attached to the file. The agent says no action except that they sent background check request.
November 24: File update: "We recieved requested info on Nov 22."
November 24: I call and ask the agent "what requested info did you get as you never requested anything?!?!" The answer: the same as on August 22. It is all the same. Dont worry your file in in process". It seemed the agaent didnt know what she was talking about. When I asked what kind of background check are you doing she answered security.

So, angtao, I am so confused. I have no idea what information they have there, what they do and by what criteria they are acting there.

I honestly stress myself out to that point I cant breath anymore. I myself dont understand what is going on... ???

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Am Lina, don't stress out anymore. It is not good for your health. You could be experiencing panic attacks which make you unable to breathe. Don't let cic stress u out and ruin your health. Your file totally sounds like it is on the right track. What is it exactly that u donor understand? They attached your end if July stuff and the stiff u sent in sept. that is a good thing. Also, if they already started security checks then that also is a good thing as they are working on your file. The stupid cic lady told me that they r opening additional documents after July 25 but clearly she is wrong since your sept docs have been attached.

It just really sucks for us that the wait times are close to 12 months now. That is 1 year. I don't understand how a country like Canada has such a backlog. They don't want to spend more money on immigration which completely sucks for all of us.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I just wanted to say that I am incredibly glad to see how people in this thread always treat each other with respect and consideration. That's tremendously valuable and I wanted to commend you all for that. (If you periodically read other threads you will understand why I am mentioning this).

You all have a fantastic rest of the day and a great weekend.

S.

P.S.: happy belated Thanksgiving to those people that celebrated it yesterday! :)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey guys, I am thinking of ordering Foss notes. Has anyone from our thread ordered them? Is it worth it? I heard that they are difficult to read. What do you guys think?

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Angtao, thanks for your kind words!
I was also thinking of ordering FOSS notes, but then I decided to wait till 6 months barrier. If you eventually will do it please share with your experience!

fwmello

Nov 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
Am_lina11 said:
Angtao, thanks for your kind words!
I was also thinking of ordering FOSS notes, but then I decided to wait till 6 months barrier. If you eventually will do it please share with your experience!
I don't have many experience but I read somewhere that when you order the FOSS you can delay your app because the pappers will leave the storage (?). I don't know if this is true. But you process is almost done. Keep your faith and let's wait for the best. Good luck!

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Hey everyone,

I've been going through the same pains as everyone else here on the forum and I can honestly say that it's greeting me very frustrated how this whole system works.

I submitted the application throught a lawyer thinking that maybe it would get things moving the right direction fast but it seems like there's no difference except for the simple fact that I didn't have to organize all the paper work.

My wife is sponsoring me, (I'm from Italian) and we submitted this application in January 2011 and I'm getting extremely frustrated with not been able to provide for my wife financially. Also with the fact that now it looks like theres more delays, I'm officially Pissed!!

Does anyone have any sort of encouragement? I'm honestly starting to think these papers are never coming. :(

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
MrMass, welcome to our INLAND spiritual home. We're tracking all people immigration info. Would you like to stay into our list too? If yes, you can give the date you sent your paper, the day your eCas was first update, any letter from CIC, any extra info CIC requested you, blah blah, Angus will help update you. If you want to see how the list looks like, you can search for Angus' post and click on the link at her signature.
You're almost there since you started from Jan, cheer up! Some people applying in December 2010 are getting AIP now. It must be your turn soon. You may hope to hear good news around Christmas or beginning of the year, is it cool?
Hope to hear more from you.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Serendipity said:
Dear all,

I just wanted to say that I am incredibly glad to see how people in this thread always treat each other with respect and consideration. That's tremendously valuable and I wanted to commend you all for that. (If you periodically read other threads you will understand why I am mentioning this).

You all have a fantastic rest of the day and a great weekend.

S.

I agree ! :D thanks!! :D We seem to have a pretty awesome bunch of peeps on this thread!

P.S.: happy belated Thanksgiving to those people that celebrated it yesterday! :)

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
has there been a jump ??? Grrr..

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Hi everybody.

I know how frustrating is to see that the processing times are increasing but, trying to see the positive side of all this, the stage 2 now takes up to 8 months instead of 9.
Can anybody explain me what happened to the person that was approved only after a couple of months? What changed in July?

Cheers!