29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
canadiancitizen said:
hum... you read my thoughts, because 40% of my family works in Ottawa :) I would say with a 100% assurance, you need to be Canadian or need citizenship to work in any government job... is not obligatory but you will face other major preferenes, see this
While the Public Service Employment Act does not exclude non-Canadians from applying to positions in the federal public service, it clearly specifies that preference for appointment is to be given in the following order, among the qualified candidates in a selection process:
1.Canadian who is in receipt of a pension by reason of war service;
2.Canadian war veteran or a survivor (widow/widower) of a Canadian war veteran;
3.Canadian citizen; and
4.Other qualified individuals.
(Canada public servant job data base website)
ilovecanada4ever said:
Yes, it's a government job. Basically, you need a work permit to work for the government. Preferences will be always be given to the Canadian/Permanent Resident. They didn't ask me if I have a work permit today BUT I told them because I don't want to waste their time. I know that they will check my background if I ever get into the next stage :-[
Thanks a lot guys. I learn more and more from people here, fantastic! Have a great weekend everybody!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
I has been a good day to me and my family... wish you all a good weekend.. I want to share a joke so you can get use to our humour

ENJOY IT

This Land Is Our Land

A True Canadian

It's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right at center ice. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbor if someone will be sitting there. "No," says the neighbor. "The seat is empty." "This is incredible", said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs and not use it?" The neighbor says "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Stanley Cup we haven't been to together since we got married in 1967." "Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?" The man shakes his head "No, they're all at the funeral."

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
I has been a good day to me and my family... wish you all a good weekend.. I want to share a joke so you can get use to our humour

ENJOY IT

This Land Is Our Land

A True Canadian

It's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right at center ice. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbor if someone will be sitting there. "No," says the neighbor. "The seat is empty." "This is incredible", said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs and not use it?" The neighbor says "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Stanley Cup we haven't been to together since we got married in 1967." "Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?" The man shakes his head "No, they're all at the funeral."

Hehehehe thanks for the joke!! :D

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:

ENJOY IT

This Land Is Our Land

A True Canadian

Funny, indeed, yet terribly sad :'(

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

i have a question !!
do you think age difference would be a reason to refuse or decline a sponsorship application!!?

And please if anyone can share their stories, it would be awesome and also it will keep this thread active and alive!

Have a good weekend! 8)
Cheers,

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Berber_amazigh said:
Hi everyone!

i have a question !!
do you think age difference would be a reason to refuse or decline a sponsorship application!!?

And please if anyone can share their stories, it would be awesome and also it will keep this thread active and alive!

Have a good weekend! 8)
Cheers,
YES IT CAN CREATE SOME ALARMING FEELING... I HAVE A FAR UNCLE WHO MARRIED A GIRL WITH ALMOST 20 YRS DIFFERENCE IN AGE. HIS APP GOT FINALLY APPROVED AND HIS WIFE IS NOW HERE. BUT THE PROCESS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ONLY A YEAR BUT DUE TO LOTS OF DOUBT IN THIS CASE HE HAD TO GO TO INTERVIEWS AND SENDING OUT MORE AND MORE PROOFS. IT TOOK 2 YRS AND HALF.

fwmello

Nov 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
It's a very interesting topic.
I'm sponsoring my husband; we are living together since December 2009 and finally got married on October 29, 2011.
We filled our application on November 03 and sent it on November 07. The office in Vegreville AB received on November 10.
We are so excited and waiting for the news.
;D

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Welcome to the thread fwmello. Your marriage certificate came fast, just totally a month. Did you apply for it online?
I remember I had to wait 12 weeks after marriage to apply for the cert. And the cert didn't send to my address until 6 weeks after.
Totally it cost me 18 weeks. Maybe I picked the longest way. Nice weekend!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Berber_amazigh said:
Hi everyone!

i have a question !!

Have a good weekend! 8)
Cheers,
Hi,

It should not be a big problem as long as you show that your marriage is genuine and you both have sincere intentions to stay together.

fwmello

Nov 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
hatrang said:
Welcome to the thread fwmello. Your marriage certificate came fast, just totally a month. Did you apply for it online?
I remember I had to wait 12 weeks after marriage to apply for the cert. And the cert didn't send to my address until 6 weeks after.
Totally it cost me 18 weeks. Maybe I picked the longest way. Nice weekend!
Thanks hatrang
I didn't apply for the marriage certificate yet. I sent my sponsorship application to AB and we still have to apply for the marriage certificate. Do you think they will ask for it? And yes, I think on line it's the best way to do it...

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Unless you applied for common law partner, marriage certificate is mandatory as document checklist pointed out.
I think even you applied as common law partner, since you already got married, marriage certificate is very helpful too.
You may need to get it ready as soon as possible since they will properly ask though, I guess so.
Or you may want to send it to CIC when you know for sure they start opening your file.
I hope other people will give you more info since everything I knew was from learning around, not my real experience yet.
I just sent out the application last month. Good luck and yeah, we're on the same boat now.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Hi,

It should not be a big problem as long as you show that your marriage is genuine and you both have sincere intentions to stay together.
Thanks Misha, Yes we lived for at least two years and i love her and our marriage is genuine!

fwmello

Nov 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
hatrang said:
Unless you applied for common law partner, marriage certificate is mandatory as document checklist pointed out.
I think even you applied as common law partner, since you already got married, marriage certificate is very helpful too.
You may need to get it ready as soon as possible since they will properly ask though, I guess so.
Or you may want to send it to CIC when you know for sure they start opening your file.
I hope other people will give you more info since everything I knew was from learning around, not my real experience yet.
I just sent out the application last month. Good luck and yeah, we're on the same boat now.
Thank you hatrang
As we married in ON we have to wait for the required time to apply it.
If they ask for the marriage certificate it will be ready, for sure!
Good luck us all...

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
Hi everyone!

i have a question !!

Have a good weekend! 8)
Cheers,
Hi Berber-amazigh,
Can you tell us a little more about your situation? You don't have to go into a whole lot of detail but when you met. The age difference between you and your spouse or spouse to be? How long have you been together?

I am from the 2010 inlanders but my husband and I have an 11-1/2 year difference between us. We met online and I am older. I don't necessarily think it will make a difference for you. It did not for us. We got married last year, we were together for 6 years before. I think if you can give them a good reason to believe you are genuine, they won't have any room to deny you. I would suggest, if you have pictures of you and your loved one together from different stages in the relationship, that is good. So is the more people that know, the better. I also explained the things my husband I had done (activities/outings/vacations) together through our years. I just got approved for AIP and second stage in October. My landing interview is next week. Also, I know that CIC is sensitive enough that they are educated about arranged marriages and other cultures traditions. Let me assure you, you are not alone and have support. It will be ok. Be confident, think positive!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Berber_amazigh said:
Thanks Misha, Yes we lived for at least two years and i love her and our marriage is genuine!
Then, Have Faith.. :)