+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

vasudevn

Sep 3, 2021
Well, I am in a WhatsApp group of Etihad and that group is completely full as of now but still if you want I can dm you the grp link you can join and ask there . Many will guide you and solve all your queries as they did for me.
Hi, etihad mentioned that they provide rapid pcr test for onwards travel should one transit via Abu Dhabi. Does Canada accept their test results. I remember seeing that Canada doesn't accept rapid tests. If possible could you post this to the etihad direct flight group?

Reactions: hinavin

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi, etihad mentioned that they provide rapid pcr test for onwards travel should one transit via Abu Dhabi. Does Canada accept their test results. I remember seeing that Canada doesn't accept rapid tests. If possible could you post this to the etihad direct flight group?
Yes, Canada accepts the PCR tests. You can also check it on Etihad and Canada's official website.

Reactions: hinavin
Jun 29, 2019
Hello guys does anybody know is Ahmedabad to Ottawa via AUH with etihad running. Some people say it is running but not for Indian travellers.

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
There's an RTPCR testing facility right next to transfer desk in Belgrade airport (transit area)

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
There's an RTPCR testing facility right next to transfer desk in Belgrade airport (transit area)
They provide results in 2 hours. It costs 80 euros and the payment is to be made at the post office desk that is right next to the transfer desk.

Last edited:

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
There is difference in rapid PCR or only PCR
only PCR test is mentioned in Canada website "All international passengers from the age of 5 years and above, including fully vaccinated passengers, who are travelling to Canada are required to complete a COVID‑19 PCR test 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure to Canada. "

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hello guys does anybody know is Ahmedabad to Ottawa via AUH with etihad running. Some people say it is running but not for Indian travelers.
Yes, this route is operational I have some friends who travelled by this route and safely landed in YYZ, in comparison to other indirect routes this is quite cheaper and safer.
I myself have booked my flight in Etihad for 5th OCT from AMD - AUH - YYZ. I have booked till YYZ but I am planning to travel to Ottawa once I land at YYZ

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
+1 for Zurich route ;) [All local times below]

02SEP2021 12:00 PM Gave RT-PCR Sample
03SEP2021 10:00 PM Arrived at TRV International Airport.
04SEP2021 04:30 AM TRV-DXB-ZRH Emirates 04SEP2021 12:50 PM [Flight was full!]
04SEP2021 13:20 PM Checked into Transit hotel
04SEP2021 14:00 PM Gave RT-PCR Sample at Testing center close to transit hotel
04SEP2021 23:00 PM RT-PCR Results arrived
04SEP2021 23:00 PM Filled ArriveCan (RT-PCR, Vaccination, Flight timing, Quarantine Plan/Place) and uploaded documents.
04SEP2021 23:30 PM Uploaded Swiss Air Additional documents required online (ArriveCan, RT-PCR)
05SEP2021 12:50 PM ZRH-YUM Swiss Air 05SEP2021 15:15 PM
05SEP2021 16:30 PM Exited Montreal Airport with SP. Showed PoE Letter and Passport. No questions were asked.

Notes:
1. Emirates checked all my immigration documents
2. Trivandrum immigration asked me where to and which course.
3. Dubai had security check only. There was an announcement that RTPCR is available for transfer passengers. My layover was a mere 90 minutes, though.
4. Zurich is tricky. The test capacity is less.
If you are giving sample after 16:00 hours, ask for 3 hours test. CHR 150 normal, CHR 200 3 hours turn in.
There were people who gave samples after 1700 hours for the 150 CHF; and did not get results in time.

There were two people including me when I entered the test centre to give sample.
There were 30+ people (and growing) in a queue when I exited the test centre.
Rush to the test centre as soon as you alight.

5. Zurich had passport control at boarding and checked for ArriveCan and RT-PCR.
6. Unused Swiss C visa costed me 8000 fees + 2700 vfs charges + 3000 vfs premium for doc check + 4000 petrol.

Emirates TRV-ZRH Return flight - INR 1,00,000/- [Booked one month early, 35kg luggage, added 10kg additional luggage for INR 18k]
Swiss Air ZRH-YUL One-way flight - INR 50,000/- [Booked one month early, 23kg luggage, added 23kg luggage for CHF 85]
Transit Hotel - INR 8200/- [Booked one month early]
RT-PCR - INR 12,400/- [I used a n SBI travel card here]

Food and Beverages range from 5 to 15 CHF for a meal.

I got a Schengen Visa after Emirates suggested that they may not be able to tag my luggage.
The Swiss High Commission categorically told me that I can enter Switzerland ONLY with that visa. No entry to other Schengen Countries.
But Emirates tagged my luggage to YUL. So the Visa was not used.

I was automatically checked into my Swiss Air flight with my luggage.
I got my ZRH-YUL boarding pass from Transfer desk in E gates.

Recommendation: Please book your own tickets so that you can manage/cancel/postpone your travel if the test does not arrive in time.

Last edited:

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
I am on a Closed Work permit with TRV stamped and an Offer Letter. Planning to travel around 27th -29th from Mumbai to Toronto via Mexico route. Could anyone please let me know that I can travel on a work permit to Mexico?

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi. I would like to share with you all that I finally landed in Toronto today through the Mexico route. Hope you all find a suitable route for you and reach Canada safely. All the best.
Hey just wanted to check can I travel on a work permit to Canada via Mexico?

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I just booked with emirates
cost : Del to Dubai (40k) and dubai to toronto (91k)
You have to exit in Dubai? Why you booked separate tickets? Dubai offers transit pcr test. So having a layover for less than 24 hrs won’t help?

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Hey anyone booked direct Air Canada flight from Delhi to Toronto on 23rd sept? I know it may cancel if there is any further travel ban. But just want to know any one tried for this.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hey anyone booked direct Air Canada flight from Delhi to Toronto on 23rd sept? I know it may cancel if there is any further travel ban. But just want to know any one tried for this.
Please do not attempt direct flights until the ban is lifted.
The refund will come only after 45 business days.