+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
We can travel to Canada via Qatar from India. Provided you satisfy the following conditions.
  1. Be Fully Vaccinated to enter into Qatar (On Arrival Visa)
  2. Get a COVID negative test in Qatar before flying to Canada
Correct me if I am wrong.
On-arrival visas are not being issued at the moment, you’ll need a pre-approved visa to travel to Qatar

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Why you guys in this much rush , just wait and come once border is open. Your Visa has not been expired, you can still study then just stay and wait.
You know if CAnadian border officer has power to banned anyone from Canada for upto 10 years.
I was just like you and used to think why everyone is in hurry and then reality hit me like rock (tested positive before pre-departure test and then flight ban happened ) i have completed my two sem in india itself and now my university is going offline in fall 2021 so i can't wait for reopening of direct flight. As the date of my direct flight is now changed from 11 th August to 30th September.

Tinnaneeraj

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Anyone trying to travel from Delhi to Vancouver via indirect shortest route from 1aug to 7aug? Pls let me know. Thanks

Viharpatel123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
We can travel to Canada via Qatar from India. Provided you satisfy the following conditions.
  1. Be Fully Vaccinated to enter into Qatar (On Arrival Visa)
  2. Get a COVID negative test in Qatar before flying to Canada
Correct me if I am wrong.
Let me know if you traveling to this route? I might join you.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Connected with Emirates for information about travel to YYZ via Dubai MEX as the flights were cheaper :

They said :
1. Wait till the 25th Of JULY as they might release the flight ban from INDIA to DUBAI.
2. We need visa for testing in DUBAI ( Transit visa of 1-2 days )
3. No Testing at Dubai Airport
4. We need a hotel do the testing in the City and then board the flight.

canada_pls_let_me_in

Jan 4, 2021
I am also in the same timeline and also as of now seeking information in terms of which route will be cheaper and safe.
1. At this moment are you considering Mexico route?
2. Also do we need to show the quarantine plan at YYZ though we are travelling by indirect route.
3. My class start date is the 8th of SEP can I travel between 10th-15th AUG as the rule in Canada says that students cannot travel before 21 days of the class start date.
Where does it state its 21 days?
Isnt it 4 weeks?

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Actually some are saying 28 and some are saying 21 however official guidline is saying 28 days (source: :canada in india twitter page)
28 was when quarantine was mandatory but as of now Quarantine has been relived for fully vaccinated ppl then I believe 21 days stand in rule. Its better not to take risk.

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
I booked Lufthansa from Mumbai to Mexico City on 12th August and then 2 nights stay at MEX airport for COVID testing and then flying to Canada on 14th August...

Let me know if anyone is planning to travel the same itinerary.

Reactions: arindam.d

ronak.wit

Jul 22, 2021
I booked Lufthansa from Mumbai to Mexico City on 12th August and then 2 nights stay at MEX airport for COVID testing and then flying to Canada on 14th August...

Let me know if anyone is planning to travel the same itinerary.
Yes I also travelling on same date. Can you call me on 9823795957

Geep

Oct 31, 2018
Hello Everyone. I have booked my tickets from India to Mexico via frankfurt on Sep 1. If direct flights still stay banned after aug 21, then I will be going via Mexico.

Reactions: absingh

sak1001

Jul 22, 2021
Hi everyone, I am trying to book an indirect flight as well but all the options I have include a short layover at London Heathrow Airport. Given that London also has restrictions for people coming from India will they allow us to board the flight to London and move on to the next destination without quarantine?