+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indians TRV results compilation

harneet463

Apr 22, 2015
I have already filed the trv for canada and am in process of awaiting decision, and am having sleepless nights along with tension for results and am sure all of people who have files the visa undergo the same scenario with lots of questions in their minds.
In this thread I intend to capture the data for TRV applications filed by members, the results time taken and decision.

This would in my opinion provide us a fair understanding of the success/rejection rates along with reasons for the same in different indian offices of CIC.

If you have applied for the TRV and have already got the decision, I would be grateful if you can provide the information in the below format for all of us here.

Date Applied :
Office Applied (Nearest office in case of Online Application) :
Date Decision Received :
Status (Approved / Rejected ) :
If Rejected Reasons for rejection :

Any additional information, you think might help others prepare well for the TRV application.

Regards,
Harneet

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Applied last week of March. Decision received 23 April. Rejected.

Office was Chandigarh. Reasons Given: Purpose of Visit

We had sent way more evidence to prove he would not overstay than should ever be necessary... absolute proof that I will be in India at HIS address in August for our wedding. My Canadian Forces Leave pass, signed by my Commanding Officer, and my fiance's address listed as my location while on leave. Additionally my plane tickets and Indian Visa. Also letters from his work stating he is required back, NGOs he volunteers with stating he is in charge of an event in June and must return, assets, bank statements, my detailed invitation letter stating reason for visit was so my Mother could meet him prior to my going to India to marry him, because she is unable to travel due to her health. She won't be attending the wedding (nor any of family at all) so this was way for him to meet everyone. But mainly my MOther as it's not fair to expect her to just accept my marrying a man she has never even met.

He had applied through a lawyer and reject reason was they were unclear of purpose of visit.

It's BS if you ask me. We have reapplied through the top Immigration firm in India. They guarantee all the paperwork will be submitted for best possible chance and they feel there is no valid reason at all to reject it. We have now also included a letter from my Member of Parliament here in Canda stating they are aware of the case, that he was rejected and has reapplied, that they KNOW all the appropriate documentation has been submitted, that my Mother's health is poor and she is unable to travel to India so this is the only way for her ot meet him prior to us being married, and the ended with the line that they hope CIC will consider ALL of the facts in the case and grant the Visa. My MP also stated outright that he believes my motivation to invite him is genuine and that there is no risk.

Waiting on round two currently...and over 1.5 Lakh spent. In reverse... I spent a total of 74.00 CDN for my Indian Visitor Visa and had my passport back with the Visa inside in under 4 days (and I had to courier it to Toronto from Halifax so two days of that was courier travel!)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HarkiranKaur said:
He had applied through a lawyer and reject reason was they were unclear of purpose of visit.
It's BS if you ask me anyone need to apply through a lawyer in order to apply for a TRV.

Anyways, it's your choice of spending 1.5 Lakh (on lawyers) and go to India for marriage.

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the info reg. my parents' TRV application.

Date Applied : 23 April 2015
Office Applied (Nearest office in case of Online Application) : Bangalore Visa Office (application submitted in person through VFS)
Date Decision Received : 05 May 2015
Status (Approved / Rejected ) : Approved
If Rejected Reasons for rejection : n/a

Any other additional information: As I already mentioned in a different thread, irrespective of the outcome, it appears to me that in-person applications seem to get processed faster than online applications.

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied for my in-laws in March. We applied for my brother in law in May.

Date Applied : 20-March-2015
Office Applied (Nearest office in case of Online Application) : Chandigarh
Date Decision Received : 30-March-2015
If Rejected Reasons for rejection : N/A

Date Applied : 04-May-2015
Office Applied (Nearest office in case of Online Application) : Chandigarh
Date Decision Received : Not yet
Status (Approved / Rejected ) :
If Rejected Reasons for rejection :

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
My parents' paper application

Date applied :5 May 2015
Visa office: Chandigarh

vikki_kola

Mar 27, 2013
Visitor visa applied online
Application submitted - April 23rd
Letter of passport request - May 12th

Need to send passport to New Delhi. I am expecting we don't need to send a return envelop along with passport.
Does anyone know I have to send a paid return envelope or there is no need. CIC will send back by courier?

Thanks
Vikki

lovenil

May 14, 2015
Applied online for parents in india.

Application Date : 1st May 2015
Passport Request Date :8th May 2015
Passport Sent via VAC Ahmedabad to Banglore Canada Immigration office:11th May 2015
Passport Sent back to VAC Ahmedabad: 14th may 2015 ( same time online application status changed to approved and closed).

My parents are visiting me to USA and planning to take them to canada visit so we applied for canada visa. They have previously visited USA once before.

kriskris

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015, IP Since 08-28-2015
Med's Request
07-01-2016
Med's Done....
Initial 15-01-2015, Re-medical on 11-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
Date Applied : April 27, 2015
Office Applied (Nearest office in case of Online Application) : New Delhi
Date Decision Received : May 12, 2015
Status (Approved / Rejected ) : Rejected
If Rejected Reasons for rejection : Family Ties/Purpose Of Visit/ Assets/ travel History

ani001

Apr 3, 2015
Online application

Date Applied : March 17 , 2015
Office Applied (Nearest office in case of Online Application) :Bangalore
Passport request: May 4, 2015
Date Decision Received : May 14 ,2015

Additional document requested on April 3rd (medical report) and sent on april 17.

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the "current' average for Chandigarh office applications? I know it says 15 days on the website, but for my in laws it took 8 days and we have applied for my brother in law and it has been 15 days now and no response.

harneet463

Apr 22, 2015
Took 21 days for me (Calendar) and eventually it was approved.

So it is taking time due to students/holiday rush, nothing to worry, Cheers !!