+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC at San Francisco Indian consulate....

newtocanada2017

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
If i Go to Indian Consulate office San Francisco to apply for PCC, do they submit my original passport and keep it with them? I need to travel after 10 days of submitting this application.
Someone said if you want to pick up the PCC yourself once its done, then you don't have to submit the original Passport to them. Does anyone know anything about it?
I went to SF Consulate for PCC in person. They verified copy of the passport (stamped verified) and returned the original passport on the spot.

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Need Urgent help...

I sent the forms and my passport to SF via fedex, i sent a return envelope along with my shipment. The smart people at fedex canceled the return label and cannot reinstate it. I have tried calling extension 148 at the SF consulate but I guess they don't respond to phone calls. What are my options please advise...

Reactions: p_d2058

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Need Urgent help...

I sent the forms and my passport to SF via fedex, i sent a return envelope along with my shipment. The smart people at fedex canceled the return label and cannot reinstate it. I have tried calling extension 148 at the SF consulate but I guess they don't respond to phone calls. What are my options please advise...
Hi Siddharth. Nobody ever really answers the phone at the consulate. You can write to misc@cgisf.org I have used this email ID to communicate with them in the past twice - and both times I got a response on the same day.

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hi Siddharth. Nobody ever really answers the phone at the consulate. You can write to misc@cgisf.org I have used this email ID to communicate with them in the past twice - and both times I got a response on the same day.
Ditto. This email ID worked for me too

Reactions: p_d2058
Jul 28, 2018
Hello All,

I would really appericiate if someone could give me an insight into this.

Police Clearance

Indian SFO Consulate received my PCC documents along with the money order (with all paperwork in order) along with an prepaid return envelope on July 7th 2018.

They cashed my money order on 12th July 2018 and said that PCC takes a month for processing.

Till today (Aug 22nd 2018) exactly 1 month and 10 days , I haven't recieved my PCC.

I have emailed them, again and again, and also emailed vcoci.sf@mea.gov.in and misc@cgisf.org but all they say, is PCC take one month in case your status is clear.

I have lived in US from the past 10 years and have no criminal record anywhere in the world and in India.

Does anyone know if they have been taking more than a month to process PCC.

Also at one point in the email, they old me that they are waiting for RPO in India to recieve clearance. Does it really take that long ?

So far no policeman has visited my home in India and to a fact that my passport was renewed last year from SFO consulate itself.

Please advise.

Were you able get your pcc done? My husband's PCC is still pending after 2 months, SF consulate just says they are sending reminders to RPO mumbai!

neerajjain115

Nov 5, 2018
Hi Friends,
My complete application was delivered to SF consulate on 15th Oct. I have not heard back anything from them yet. My passport was issued in India. I tried to send email on misc@cgisf.org but the email got bounced. I believe the new email should be misc@cgisf.gov.in. Any idea on the latest processing times? I am worried because my original passport is with embassy from more than 3 weeks.

black-bimmer

Oct 21, 2018
Shouldn't the consulate have a status portal for all the cases? This email business and anxiety associated with it is totally unnecessary and can be easily avoided.

It takes less than two weeks to develop and deploy a status portal. I will do it for FREE.
Just provide the passport number and DOB, and the portal should give back the current status of PCC... This is a university level assignment project....Come on ...

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Shouldn't the consulate have a status portal for all the cases? This email business and anxiety associated with it is totally unnecessary and can be easily avoided.

It takes less than two weeks to develop and deploy a status portal. I will do it for FREE.
Just provide the passport number and DOB, and the portal should give back the current status of PCC... This is a university level assignment project....Come on ...
Chill out. FBI back in 2017 took 3 months just to open the envelope, there was no guarantee if fingerprint would be requested again and no tracking either. One had to call and wait.

SF consulate was very efficient in 2017, took them just a week. They are probably loaded with applications. Who knows they might have to coordinate with agencies back in India. So called public tracking has security and privacy concerns.

US has an online tracking system for I-94, your employer can query that system and find out about your travel without your consent. Go figure.

sumancha

Jan 14, 2019
Submitted Passport (India issued) for PCC on Dec 17, 2018. Haven't received any response yet. Has anyone submitted around the same time frame?

Sent them an email today.