+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC at San Francisco Indian consulate....

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello Members,
I have submitted my PCC application in person on 5/14/2018. I was told by the lady at the counter, it will take 2 weeks to get approved. 3 weeks have passed now and till date there is no reply from CGI SF. My renewed passport was issued in San Francisco, USA last year. I was under the impression it would be done within a week. The agent had checked all the photocopies with the originals and returned back the passport to me. I have submitted prepaid Fedex envelope to return the PCC letter to me.
Will they call me once approved to stamp my passport or do they provide a separate PCC letter as proof of clearance ?
Has anyone recently got approved during this time ? How much time it is usually taking for the approval these days ?
Is there any correct contact info of CGI SF ? i have tried multiple times on these numbers.
General Line: (415)668-0662; (415)668-0683
No one dares to pick or reverts back to voicemails.
Also the email page is broken. Tried sending them email from this link, keep getting errors. http://www.cgisf.org/contactus/display/
Please help, my case is urgent. How do I expedite it, any idea ?
You can track the prepaid Fedex. Worst case, try going back and meet in person. Back in last year, everything was done within a week including back and forth mail delays. May be lot many folks are requesting PCC?

rohitgpta699

Feb 2, 2018
@rohitgpta699 where do you track whether the package has been dispatched from consulate side? Please help i am in the same boat and helpless.
@burm7793 : I am tracking my USPS return tracking label everyday. There is no way to track the progress for consulate processing.
I contacted that via email at misc@cgisf.org and they usually respond back within a day. Hope this info helps. Below is their last response to me
Hi,
We have received your application on 18th of May and it takes more than three weeks to do process."

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
thanks very much for your reply. I emailed at misc@cgisf.org, lets c what they reply. its been exactly 3 weeks for me. So, i havent submitted my passport to them. Do i need to go there again to get it stamped ? Will the letter not be sufficient to add to express entry profile ? When i gave them the prepaid Fedex envelope nobody told me to submit the passport also.

eternalgod

Jun 6, 2018
@burm7793 and @rohitgpta699 : Any updates?

I have applied for PCC with my renewed passport from SF (last year). I applied on first June though. So I am wondering how long it took you guys to get so that I can calibrate my expectations accordingly.

Thanks.

Last edited:

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
@burm7793 and @rohitgpta699 : Any updates?

I have applied for PCC with my renewed passport from SF (last year). I applied on first June thought. So I am wondering how long it took you guys to get so that I can calibrate my expectations accordingly.

Thanks.
Yes I received reply to email today from SF consulate. They have dispatched the PCC documents on Monday 6/4. My FedEx tracking shows will receive it tomorrow 6/7. Please email misc@cgisf.org for updates. They did not ask for original passport. I hope the stamp on passport is not required for EE.

Reactions: eternalgod

eternalgod

Jun 6, 2018
Yes I received reply to email today from SF consulate. They have dispatched the PCC documents on Monday 6/4. My FedEx tracking shows will receive it tomorrow 6/7. Please email misc@cgisf.org for updates. They did not ask for original passport. I hope the stamp on passport is not required for EE.
Thanks. So I can expect a mail by 25th June for 1st of June application. Did you also happen to get FBI clearance? If so, what is the time line there? Is it the same 3-5 business days?

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
Thanks. So I can expect a mail by 25th June for 1st of June application. Did you also happen to get FBI clearance? If so, what is the time line there? Is it the same 3-5 business days?
Yes, CGI SF took 3 weeks to complete. It took 3 days via Fedex to reach my location via standard delivery. Its a very simple full black and white one page document from CGI with Subject PCC. FBI clearance is as soon as they receive your fingerprints. You will get email to download your report and also if you have asked for mail copy they will send you copies via regular mail in 3-4 days.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Yes, CGI SF took 3 weeks to complete. It took 3 days via Fedex to reach my location via standard delivery. Its a very simple full black and white one page document from CGI with Subject PCC. FBI clearance is as soon as they receive your fingerprints. You will get email to download your report and also if you have asked for mail copy they will send you copies via regular mail in 3-4 days.
Back in mid 2017, India PCC took just a week and FBI PCC took 3 MONTHS :-0. Lucky you guys

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
Back in mid 2017, India PCC took just a week and FBI PCC took 3 MONTHS :-0. Lucky you guys
My Friends at NY Consulate got PCC the same day when new passport was issued by them. For some reason SF CGI does not think similarly.

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
thanks very much for your reply. I emailed at misc@cgisf.org, lets c what they reply. its been exactly 3 weeks for me. So, i havent submitted my passport to them. Do i need to go there again to get it stamped ? Will the letter not be sufficient to add to express entry profile ? When i gave them the prepaid Fedex envelope nobody told me to submit the passport also.
You aren't expected to submit your passport. I had gone to submit the application with 2 of my colleagues. None of them were asked to submit the original passports either. However, it has been almost 3 weeks since we all submitted the application for the PCC. We haven't heard back. I've sent an email to the misc@cgisf.org ID this morning. Will let you know if I hear back.

I had the same question about whether I need to go back to the Consulate to get a stamp on my passport. In the past, when I have got PCCs (for work permits in other places), the consulates have taken my passport and returned it with a stamp that says "PCC issued for xyz country" and also given me a PCC document. However, this time, our HR told us that they don't do that any more. They just give you a document - which is your PCC.

Also, nobody ever answers the phone at the consulate. Makes me question their overall efficiency. Our overall experience at the consulate was pretty bad. There weren't too many people ahead of us the day we went there but we still waited over 30 minutes because there were some Indian tourists whose passports were stolen - and the staff at the counters did NOT know how to deal with the situation. They repeatedly kept asking the tourists to "show them their passport" when in fact the passports were stolen. At some point, the staff at the counter just started ignoring these tourists thinking they'll go away (which isn't how it works). The tourists were on the verge of tears and tried speaking with an officer who had just stepped out of his office (and poor things assumed he was the consul general or something - but he wasn't). So they got no help. There was utter chaos and we all had to wait because 2 of the people at the counters were trying to deal with this situation and only one counter was open for all of the rest of us. It was as if they had never encountered a stolen passport case before.

In the past, I've got PCCs from Indian consulates in a few other countries (since some countries do require PCCs even for long term work permits) - and this was by far the least confidence inspiring experience I've had. Especially since nobody at the consulate answers the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrReddington

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I just got a response from the SF Consulate via email. They said current processing times are around a month for PCC.

For FBI, I submitted the PCC request through their eDO system online. You submit the application online - and just mail the fingerprint card to them along with a copy of your confirmation email (you'll get a confirmation email when you submit your application online). I got it within 3 business days after my fingerprint card reached them. The report is available online in PDF format. You just have to download it.

Reactions: candachalo

Michael26

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I just got a response from the SF Consulate via email. They said current processing times are around a month for PCC.

For FBI, I submitted the PCC request through their eDO system online. You submit the application online - and just mail the fingerprint card to them along with a copy of your confirmation email (you'll get a confirmation email when you submit your application online). I got it within 3 business days after my fingerprint card reached them. The report is available online in PDF format. You just have to download it.
Are you applying thru mail? I got my India PCC the same day in NY consulate. I went in person and in 2 hours I had my PCC in hand. Did it for my wife too. She did not even come with me

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Are you applying thru mail? I got my India PCC the same day in NY consulate. I went in person and in 2 hours I had my PCC in hand. Did it for my wife too. She did not even come with me
No, I applied in person. The SF Consulate does not provide same day PCCs. Their website says, "No same day service for PCC. Clearances usually take a month. Applicants will be informed once the clearance is received."

The surprising part is that although the website states that clearances usually take a month, the staff at the Consulate told us it'll be done in 10 business days.

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
TO WHOEVER IT MAY CONCERN:
I got my PCC and original passport back from SFO consulate after almost 4 weeks. I had sent an email to vcoci.sf@mea.gov.in and misc@cgisf.org to ask about my status, and they had replied promptly to my query.

Reactions: candachalo