+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC at San Francisco Indian consulate....

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indian consulate SFO called you?
they usually called you, never miss that call if you applied by post.
I got easily when I was in california.

OMM

lionel_messi

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone applied for PCC there recently? How many days did it take for them to return?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
omm said:
Indian consulate SFO called you?
they usually called you, never miss that call if you applied by post.
I got easily when I was in california.

OMM
I live in LA and have 3 questions before mailing my docs to SFO Counsulate:
1. Can I and my spouse submit the forms in the same envelope and request for return of attested documents in 1 envelope?
2. What all documents need to be notorized. It is not very clear in the website.
3. Total fee = a non refundable fee of $25*2 + $3*2 Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF) + a trackable pre-paid return mailing envelope $ 20*1 = $76 for couple. Correct ?

gkindacool

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had difficulty in understanding the instructions at CGISF website, so I re-organized the steps in the manner I understood better. Hope this will be helpful to other if applying by mail.

CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA

PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)

APPLYING BY MAIL

How to Apply:

- Miscellaneous Services Form - Download the Miscellaneous Application form and complete the application form
- Attach the following documents with the application form:
- Copy of any one of the following as proof of your US Visa Status:
- Photocopy of the page containing visa on passport (H1B, H4 etc) and the copy of I-94
- Clear Photocopy of Green Card
- Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit)
- I-797, I-140 or I-20 (If approval copy of these notices are pending, also attach a handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to
regularize status)
- Copy of any one of the following as proof of current US residence address:
- U.S Driving license
- PG&E, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant’s address
- House Lease Agreement
- State Identification Card
- Filled in Personal Particulars Proforma (3 copies)
- For Indian passport holders:
- $25 Non refundable fee
- $3 Indian Community Welfare Fee

Fees should be paid through Cashier’s check drawn in favor of: “Consulate General of India, San Francisco

Note: If you want to receive the attested documents back through mail, send a trackable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX etc.)

Mailing Address
Miscellaneous Cell
Consulate General of India
540 Arguello Boulevard
San Francisco CA 94118

Supporting Documents
Photocopy of all supporting documents should be notarized and attached to the application.
(Do not send any original documents except the PASSPORT and the document to be attested.)

Notes
- Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof
- Copies of Indian passport and other documents issued in India need not be notarized but only self-attested. However, relevant and valid visa pages, green card copy, address proof in the US are to be notarized if applications are sent by mail. Notary is not required if the documents copies in original are shown at the Counter
- In case the Consulate receives applications with incomplete documentation, the same would be sent back unprocessed in the return envelope sent by the applicant

Processing Time: Applicants will be informed once the clearance is received

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
I had difficulty in understanding the instructions at CGISF website, so I re-organized the steps in the manner I understood better. Hope this will be helpful to other if applying by mail.

CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA

PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)

APPLYING BY MAIL

How to Apply:

- Miscellaneous Services Form - Download the Miscellaneous Application form and complete the application form
- Attach the following documents with the application form:
- Copy of any one of the following as proof of your US Visa Status:
- Photocopy of the page containing visa on passport (H1B, H4 etc) and the copy of I-94
- Clear Photocopy of Green Card
- Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit)
- I-797, I-140 or I-20 (If approval copy of these notices are pending, also attach a handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to
regularize status)
- Copy of any one of the following as proof of current US residence address:
- U.S Driving license
- PG&E, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant’s address
- House Lease Agreement
- State Identification Card
- Filled in Personal Particulars Proforma (3 copies)
- For Indian passport holders:
- $25 Non refundable fee
- $3 Indian Community Welfare Fee

Fees should be paid through Cashier’s check drawn in favor of: “Consulate General of India, San Francisco

Note: If you want to receive the attested documents back through mail, send a trackable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX etc.)

Mailing Address
Miscellaneous Cell
Consulate General of India
540 Arguello Boulevard
San Francisco CA 94118

Supporting Documents
Photocopy of all supporting documents should be notarized and attached to the application.
(Do not send any original documents except the PASSPORT and the document to be attested.)

Notes
- Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof
- Copies of Indian passport and other documents issued in India need not be notarized but only self-attested. However, relevant and valid visa pages, green card copy, address proof in the US are to be notarized if applications are sent by mail. Notary is not required if the documents copies in original are shown at the Counter
- In case the Consulate receives applications with incomplete documentation, the same would be sent back unprocessed in the return envelope sent by the applicant

Processing Time: Applicants will be informed once the clearance is received
Thanks for sharing. I had a question about "Copies of Indian passport and other documents issued in India need not be notarized but only self-attested".

Why are they talking about notarizing passport copy if original has to be mailed to them?

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
I live in LA and have 3 questions before mailing my docs to SFO Counsulate:
1. Can I and my spouse submit the forms in the same envelope and request for return of attested documents in 1 envelope?
2. What all documents need to be notorized. It is not very clear in the website.
3. Total fee = a non refundable fee of $25*2 + $3*2 Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF) + a trackable pre-paid return mailing envelope $ 20*1 = $76 for couple. Correct ?
Hello, based on your posting date, i'm assuming you might have figured it out.

1) Would you know if they require original passport or a notarized copy?
2) How long did it take for them to issue a PCC?
3) Do they have any system to track it online after mailing in the application?
4) I have an expired passport issued in India and a renewed passport issued by CGI, SFO. Do i have to send both passports?

Appreciate your response, thanks in advance !!!

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello, based on your posting date, i'm assuming you might have figured it out.

1) Would you know if they require original passport or a notarized copy?
2) How long did it take for them to issue a PCC?
3) Do they have any system to track it online after mailing in the application?
4) I have an expired passport issued in India and a renewed passport issued by CGI, SFO. Do i have to send both passports?

Appreciate your response, thanks in advance !!!
Just got my PCC from CGI SFO. Sharing for folks in similar situation.

I had to send original passport. Docs reached them on 8th June and they called on 12th and asked for country and mailed PCC and passport on 14th (via fedex standard overnight shipping). There doesn't seem to be anyway to track the progress meanwhile. I didn't have to mail my previous expired passport. My current renewed passport was issued by CGI SFO.

gill2038

Apr 29, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-10-2017

I had to send original passport. Docs reached them on 8th June and they called on 12th and asked for country and mailed PCC and passport on 14th (via fedex standard overnight shipping). There doesn't seem to be anyway to track the progress meanwhile. I didn't have to mail my previous expired passport. My current renewed passport was issued by CGI SFO.
Did u send any self attested photocopy of any passport pages?

bond333

Jun 16, 2017
Milton
App. Filed.......
09-01-2022
AOR Received.
01-03-2022

Did you send them only the Miscellaneous form ? or also the Personal proforma form (as mentioned on the website).

Maverick007

Aug 1, 2017
Hi,

I am sending the following documents by mail to Indian Embassy, San Francisco:
1.Passport Original
2.Passport front page and last page ( self attested )
3. H1 B Visa Page photocopy (Notarized)
4.I-94 photocopy (Notarized)
5. I-797 photocopy (Notarized)
6. State id card photocopy (Notarized)
7. Personal particulars proforma (1 photo attached)
8. Miscellaneous application form (1 photo attached)
9. $ 27 money order
10. Prepaid trackable envelope from USPS

I have one doubt. In the cgisf website they have mentioned :
"If you want to receive the attested documents back through mail, send a trackable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX etc.) "

So will i be getting my passport and attested documents in the same prepaid envelope that i am sending or they will only send the attested documents in the prepaid envelope and send the passport separately.

Thanks in advance

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi,

I am sending the following documents by mail to Indian Embassy, San Francisco:
1.Passport Original
2.Passport front page and last page ( self attested )
3. H1 B Visa Page photocopy (Notarized)
4.I-94 photocopy (Notarized)
5. I-797 photocopy (Notarized)
6. State id card photocopy (Notarized)
7. Personal particulars proforma (1 photo attached)
8. Miscellaneous application form (1 photo attached)
9. $ 27 money order
10. Prepaid trackable envelope from USPS

I have one doubt. In the cgisf website they have mentioned :
"If you want to receive the attested documents back through mail, send a trackable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX etc.) "

So will i be getting my passport and attested documents in the same prepaid envelope that i am sending or they will only send the attested documents in the prepaid envelope and send the passport separately.

Thanks in advance
If you aren't in a hurry, you might as well confirm from them. Btw, i didn't sending any self attested document at all.

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I need to apply for India PCC from SFO consulate. I have the following questions:-

1. Do the photocopies of US Address/ID proof need to be coloured or can they be B/W as well.
2. I plan to send both mine and spouse's application in one package. Do I need to include 1 return envelope or 2
3. Which among USPS or Fedex is better for sending docs from Seattle(where i live)

Esteemed members please advise.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
I need to apply for India PCC from SFO consulate. I have the following questions:-

1. Do the photocopies of US Address/ID proof need to be coloured or can they be B/W as well.
2. I plan to send both mine and spouse's application in one package. Do I need to include 1 return envelope or 2
3. Which among USPS or Fedex is better for sending docs from Seattle(where i live)

Esteemed members please advise.
I just sent colored ones, didn't want to take any chance. Not sure about envelope (better try calling/emailing them). I used Fedex to track (not sure about USPS). Besides, i didn't want to risk as it has the original passport.