+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC at San Francisco Indian consulate....

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Submitted Passport (India issued) for PCC on Dec 17, 2018. Haven't received any response yet. Has anyone submitted around the same time frame?

Sent them an email today.
Hi.. I submitted on 12/28/2018 and received response that my case was registered on 01/03/2019 and PCC takes month. I hope you will receive your PCC soon. Please do update once you receive your PCC. Best Wishes!

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am new here.Applying for PCC to the SFO consulate.Need help with the following:

Help with filling out PP form:
I am in USA since 3.5 years.Back in India, my parents have been residing in a new place temporarily which is different from the address I have on my passport.My permanent address in India is still relevant, just that my parents have moved out for a while.

Q1)What should I fill in 8b) of Personal Particulars Form? Should this be the address my parents are currently staying at or my current US residential address?
Q2)Do I need to furnish an additional PP form?

Help with documents:
Q1)Since, I am mailing my original passport, do I still need to self attest the photo copy?
Q2)I have drawn out a single cashier's check of $27.Do I need to split that into two?(Read in a blog that we need to send separate checks)

Please guide.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Last edited:

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am new here.Applying for PCC to the SFO consulate.Need help with the following:

Help with filling out PP form:
I am in USA since 3.5 years.Back in India, my parents have been residing in a new place temporarily which is different from the address I have on my passport.My permanent address in India is still relevant, just that my parents have moved out for a while.

Q1)What should I fill in 8b) of Personal Particulars Form? Should this be the address my parents are currently staying at or my current US residential address?
Q2)Do I need to furnish an additional PP form?

Help with documents:
Q1)Since, I am mailing my original passport, do I still need to self attest the photo copy?
Q2)I have drawn out a single cashier's check of $27.Do I need to split that into two?(Read in a blog that we need to send separate checks)

Please guide.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Hi,

Point 9 says "If you have not been resident at the address given at COLUMN 8(b) continuously for the last one year please furnish other address(es) with duration(s) resided" Hence your current US address will come in point 9.
For 8b) I personally feel you should mention the address where your parents are currently residing. But still you can consult with someone.

I don't think there is need for additional PP form.

Documents:
Yes, you need to self attest photo copies of passport pages. If you have a valid visa on your passport page than get it notarized to be on safer side. If valid visa is not on passport page, than attach I-797A, I94 and get those notarized.

Single check is fine.

Last edited:

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hi,

Point 9 says "If you have not been resident at the address given at COLUMN 8(b) continuously for the last one year please furnish other address(es) with duration(s) resided" Hence your current US address will come in point 9.
For 8b) I personally feel you should mention the address where your parents are currently residing. But still you can consult with someone.

I don't think there is need for additional PP form.

Documents:
Yes, you need to self attest photo copies of passport pages.

Single check is fine.
Thank You for your reply.However, I am seeing conflicting views on 8b). I just got it confirmed offline that since I have been living in USA I have to put my USA address.Again, there are people who are suggesting what you mentioned.Btw,I have never stayed in the address my parents are temporarily staying right now.

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Thank You for your reply.However, I am seeing conflicting views on 8b). I just got it confirmed offline that since I have been living in USA I have to put my USA address.Again, there are people who are suggesting what you mentioned.Btw,I have never stayed in the address my parents are temporarily staying right now.
I researched online and what most people did, I too mentioned my permanent address in 8a and 8b and my US address in question 9. Technically in 8b) present residential address of USA should come and question 9 to be left blank.

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
I researched online and what most people did, I too mentioned my permanent address in 8a and 8b and my US address in question 9. Technically in 8b) present residential address of USA should come and question 9 to be left blank.
Yeah, I verified from other threads and there are people who mentioned their USA address as current and got PCC. Hence,I am doing the same.

References below:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-around-pcc-from-indian-consulate-in-san-francisco.509889/page-2
https://community.movnorth.com/t/police-clearance-certificate/166/214
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-pcc-query-from-sfo-us-consulate.564244/

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I mailed my documents for PCC to embassy at SFO on Jan 16th.When can I expect a confirmation that my case has been registered? I tired reaching the embassy via email and phone,no response.

Are there people who directly got PPC w/o any confirmation/communication in between?

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi Guys,

I mailed my documents for PCC to embassy at SFO on Jan 16th.When can I expect a confirmation that my case has been registered? I tired reaching the embassy via email and phone,no response.

Are there people who directly got PPC w/o any confirmation/communication in between?
They normally register your case in 3-4 working days. you can email them ( misc.sf@mea.gov.in ) again on 23rd to see if they respond.

Reactions: ssen11

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you for sharing this information.
May I ask, how many days into receiving your package, did they intimate you about your case?
You only have to approach them. My package delivered on 28th Dec. I emailed them on 8th Jan and received same day response that my case was registered on 3rd Jan.

Reactions: ssen11