+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is the photo on surrender certificate applictaion and OCI are of same size ? and how many photos are needed for surrender certification application and OCI application ?

bharanim2003

Aug 8, 2013
Myself and my wife both got the canadian citizenship and the passport. Both of us are surrendering our indian passport. what should i mention in spouse nationality. is it indian or canadian because she got the canadian citizenship?

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Myself and my wife both got the canadian citizenship and the passport. Both of us are surrendering our indian passport. what should i mention in spouse nationality. is it indian or canadian because she got the canadian citizenship?
Current status, which is 'Canadian'

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Why do you wanna spend extra money applying for entry or tourist visa through BLS..
eVisa option has been reinstated by GoI for Canadian Passport holders. You can apply for it from your home without having the need to go to BLS
You can apply for the eVisa through this link:

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

Fee structure for eVisa was shared by maraaj @phoenix232

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10348988
Thank you @abbas.pasha

With your help I was able to apply evisa without even surrendering my Indian passport.

Ceremony completed on Jan 31 2pm
Certificate mailed Feb 1 morning , ircc officer confirmed by 8 30 AM.

Received citizenship certificate on Feb 3, noon.

Applied passport in person at Scarborough STC office on Feb 6 at 9 AM.

Received Passport on Feb 6 at 2 pm.

India E tourist visa applied on Feb 8, 10 pm

Received visa Feb 9 at 9 pm for 5 years multiple entry.

Regards
Senthil

Reactions: abbas.pasha

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I tried to look through this thread but was unable to get the answer through so many pages. Will this group be kind enough to answer some of my questions:
1. To surrender a passport - is it better to go in person or do it by mail?
2. Do I need to submit original citizenship documents (if I go in person)?
3. I have had a poor experience with BLS in the past, where the documents they need, differ from what they state on the website. Can you guide me if I should be prepared with additional documents and, if so, which?
4. Is there an easy way to get a BLS appointment - everything seems to be booked no matter when I check

Thank you in advance!

wink

May 25, 2021
I tried to look through this thread but was unable to get the answer through so many pages. Will this group be kind enough to answer some of my questions:
1. To surrender a passport - is it better to go in person or do it by mail?
2. Do I need to submit original citizenship documents (if I go in person)?
3. I have had a poor experience with BLS in the past, where the documents they need, differ from what they state on the website. Can you guide me if I should be prepared with additional documents and, if so, which?
4. Is there an easy way to get a BLS appointment - everything seems to be booked no matter when I check

Thank you in advance!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/personal-experience-surrender-certification-mail-in-toronto-19-days.775983/

Reactions: shinyjoshua

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you @abbas.pasha

With your help I was able to apply evisa without even surrendering my Indian passport.

Regards
Senthil
Thats great congratulations... looks like you have a plane to catch ;)

Candent18

Sep 30, 2022
Thank you @abbas.pasha

Regards
Senthil
Hi. How much did it cost you for 5 years multiple entry visa for India. What is the benefit of applying OCI in stead of getting evisa? I am
In dillemma whether to apply evisa for india or OCI.
thank you

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Hi, can anybody please tell me if I need to submit photocopy of all the pages on the Indian passport with stamps/visa or just the front and back needed? BLS instruction document is not very clear about it. Thanks

Candent18

Sep 30, 2022
Hi, can anybody please tell me if I need to submit photocopy of all the pages on the Indian passport with stamps/visa or just the front and back needed? BLS instruction document is not very clear about it. Thanks
First page and last page of indian passport are enough. No need to attach all stamps.

Reactions: Sammy3

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Naa re...
only first and last bio pages required

Reactions: Sammy3

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Hi, I have 2 questions please. I asked the same in another thread, but this thread seems to be older and master-thread, so posting here again with the hope of some answer :

In BLS Website the checklist document says :

(e) Canadian / Foreign Passport (Original and copy) Please enclose photo page of your Canadian / Foreign Passport having photographs and details of your passport. Original Passport is required to be submitted for verification, it will be returned back after verification. Copies must be self-attested (signed) by the applicant.

Question 1 : Do we need to send Canada Passport Original ?

Also, the Fee section mentions the below.

Indian citizens acquiring any foreign citizenship after 1 June, 2010Surrender Fee - 119Consular Fee - 3BLS Service Fee - 7.4Total - 129.40

But the text says :
  1. Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
  2. Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online.
Question 2 : Which one is Passport Fee and Return Courier Fee ? How do we pay those ? Want to go for the Pick up and Return mail option the Topic Maker said, but not able to find out how I can do that.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Thank you @abbas.pasha

Regards
Senthil
Senthil,

I am going to do the same as above for my husband (who is also Senthil). My travel date is March 20th. He received his citizenship certificate yesterday and applied for passport and asked for 9 business days category. So his passport pickup date is on Feb 27th. I will do the e-visa after his passport comes. Was the e-visa process easy? Just wanted to know. Is there any problem if we do the surrender certificate in tandem?

One more question on e-visa - we were going to apply for 5 years multiple entry as well. Is there any time limit for each visit? Our visitis around 5 weeks so a little over one month. Do they have any 30-day limit per visit?