+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
OCI is not a reason.
For urgent travel Passport Canada may ask you to provide a ticket booking/intermarry/hotel booking etc.
If you wanna go this route best is to do a hotel booking to a nearest city in the US. e.g. you can select a hotel option with free cancellation sites like Booking.com etc will be able to provide you this option. Your credit card will not be charged until the cancelation date.
Print it, take it along with your passport application and apply..
Thank you!!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all, how to get appointment for in person Indian passport surrender? Tried the BLS website , if I click on open dates in the calendar , It gives a notification appointment not available? This is for Brampton location..
Also are walk ins happening? Is the line still too long?

Just want to avoid unnecessary courier charges and giving originals through courier but unable to
It says on the website that "All Walk-in centers are open. You may submit your applications at Brampton, Toronto – Scarborough and Winnipeg centers."
but I heard from some members on the forum that they are not accepting walkins dont know tbh. If you call BLS to check they will only suggest to opt for courier...
So if you are getting appointment for either one option e.g. Passport/Visa/OCI just book one or else look at the same option at the Toronto (Lawrence Av) location

Seems like Brampton visa appointment options are open...
Jaldi se book kar le kaka...

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
OCI is not a reason.
For urgent travel Passport Canada may ask you to provide a ticket booking/intermarry/hotel booking etc.
If you wanna go this route best is to do a hotel booking to a nearest city in the US. e.g. you can select a hotel option with free cancellation sites like Booking.com etc will be able to provide you this option. Your credit card will not be charged until the cancelation date.
Print it, take it along with your passport application and apply..
When we apply for surrender certificate, do they keep the original Indian passport and send it back with the certificate or no?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
When we apply for surrender certificate, do they keep the original Indian passport and send it back with the certificate or no?
They keep the original Indian passport for verification and return it along with the Surrender Certificate.
They punch the passport and put a cancellation stamp on it
Process takes about 1 month plus mailing time if you are applying via post or have requested the delivery by courier

Reactions: Sandy.gal

desi_badboy

May 21, 2021
It says on the website that "All Walk-in centers are open. You may submit your applications at Brampton, Toronto – Scarborough and Winnipeg centers."
but I heard from some members on the forum that they are not accepting walkins dont know tbh. If you call BLS to check they will only suggest to opt for courier...
So if you are getting appointment for either one option e.g. Passport/Visa/OCI just book one or else look at the same option at the Toronto (Lawrence Av) location

Seems like Brampton visa appointment options are open...
Jaldi se book kar le kaka...
Thank you Bhai Sahab , let me try the visa option or Lawrence av location option.. btw I called them they said courier is the only option lol.. money making scamsters!!

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, while tracking status on BLS website for SC, today it's showing as 'In Transit from Consulate to BLS'. So I was wondering in how many days now could I receive my SC?

Also, when Purolator guy comes to drop off my SC, would they drop it in the mailbox or do I need to be at home that time?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, while tracking status on BLS website for SC, today it's showing as 'In Transit from Consulate to BLS'. So I was wondering in how many days now could I receive my SC?

Also, when Purolator guy comes to drop off my SC, would they drop it in the mailbox or do I need to be at home that time?
You might get it by end of the week
They need your signature so they will deliver it to you at your kholi
Plus purolator does not have access to your mailbox only Canada Post has that access

Reactions: msatishxp

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
You might get it by end of the week
They need your signature so they will deliver it to you at your kholi
Plus purolator does not have access to your mailbox only Canada Post has that access
So can I negotiate a time as to when they can come or can they come anytime on that particular day? This is because I'm working Mon to Fri 9 to 5 p.m. Also do they deliver on Saturdays too?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
So can I negotiate a time as to when they can come or can they come anytime on that particular day? This is because I'm working Mon to Fri 9 to 5 p.m. Also do they deliver on Saturdays too?
When you get the tracking details
Go to purolator website and there you can provide them delivery instructions

Reactions: msatishxp

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I'm happy to share that I finally received my surrender certificate today.

It's also funny that I received a passport cover too in the envelope. Not sure if anyone received it? I hope it's some kind of gift from CGI and BLS, lol.

Last edited:

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey guys, can I walk-in to submit the Passport Surrender Application? Or do I have to opt for the Pickup and Drop courier service compulsory? Can anyone who has done this recently advise please.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi, I'm happy to share that I finally received my surrender certificate today.

It's also funny that I received a passport cover too in the envelope. Not sure if anyone received it? I hope it's some kind of gift from CGI and BLS, lol.
was it just the passport cover or your details also.

Are you going to apply OCI after this. I have seen that as per the OCI checklist, we need to provide indian passport copy and original too? How is that possible if you don't have your Indian passport now.