+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Ok. Hope things speed up and you get your cert ASAP.
Yes, hopefully. Actually, during the registration session of the oath, I forgot to mention that I needed the cert to be expedited as I mistakenly thought I would have to request at the end of ceremony. However, when sending the oath form, I mentioned that my father is ill and I request an expedited cert. Hope that's ok and I get the cert asap. Btw, my office is Scarborough.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
All SC certificates are ready for collection...
It took exactly 1 month...
Picked up the Indian passports and surrender certificates yesterday from BLS Brampton
Noticed on my younger daughter's passport that "cancelled due to acquiring foreign nationality" has not been stamped(passport has been punched). She has been provided the surrender certificate though.
We checked with BLS and they said it will not be an issue because the surrender certificate has been issued incase we apply for OCI

Last edited:

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Picked up the Indian passports and surrender certificates yesterday from BLS Brampton
Noticed on my younger daughter's passport that "cancelled due to acquiring foreign nationality" has not been stamped(passport has been punched). She has been provided the surrender certificate though.
We checked with BLS and they said it will not be an issue because the surrender certificate has been issued incase we apply for OCI
How much time did it take to get surrender certificate once it reached Consulate? Also, what is the formality to pick it up from BLS Bramption? I had opted for delivery but wouldn't mind picking it up.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi can you surrender indian passport and apply for indian visa at the same time? Does any one know?
Yes. If you are doing only surrender an in person at Brampton then it is 40 Gillingham Drive. If you are doing Visa and surrender togetther in person at Brampton then it is at 60 Gillingham Drive.

Not sure if this has changed in the last one month or since the restart of the eVISA process.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi, I am not getting any appointment slots for BLS Brampton or Toronto. Do you know at what time they will issue the slots daily ?

Also, are we able to do this through courier like other BLS services ?

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Yes. If you are doing only surrender an in person at Brampton then it is 40 Gillingham Drive. If you are doing Visa and surrender togetther in person at Brampton then it is at 60 Gillingham Drive.

Not sure if this has changed in the last one month or since the restart of the eVISA process.
One of my friend submitted the surrender applications only (without any visa application) at 60 Gillingham Dr yesterday.

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, for SC photograph, it says on the checklist-

Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application form.

So I want to ask if the photographs for SC and OCI application would be the same? If not, what's the difference?
Hi, can someone please answer my above mentioned query?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi, can someone please answer my above mentioned query?
SC and OCI are different processes and the photos for these 2 applications need not be the same (though they both need to comply with the specifications).

For SC - no online photo upload.
For OCI the photo uploaded online must be the same the one in the application which is submitted to BLS

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, for new SC application, do we hv to submit online application as well as in person? If yes, do we have to make sure to do both on the same day or can I wait for a few days after submitting online application to submit in person?

Also, for Indian passport do we hv to enclose copies of 1st and last page along with any entry exit dates? On BLS Checklist it says if there are any endorsements on da page, kindly enclose copy of those pages as well. What do endorsements mean? Are they the same as entry exit dates?

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, aside from the surrender certificate application form, do we also need to fill out the below mentioned forms for new SC application? I found these on the BLS document checklist online.

Two copies of the form (in duplicate) are required, download application form for Deemed Surrender & Renunciation:

http://blsindia‐canada.com/forms/HCI‐CGI_Surrender%20and%20Renunciation%20form.pdf

A copy of Deemed Surrender Certificate Form is also required, download application form for Deemed surrender certificate.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/forms/HCI-CGI_Deemed Surrender Certificate form.pdf

I request someone who has already gone through the process to please respond at their earliest convenience.