App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Hi, on the website you mentioned, do I have to select Passport in the Service Type Drop-down menu and write surrender of Indian passport in the description textbox below? Just want to confirm.
Yes - and you have to book appointment for each applicant. If you are more than 1 person for SC, please book equal number of appointments.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Hi, for new SC application, do you need to submit original Canadian passport and citizenship certificate or only copy?
You only need to submit Indians passport in original which you are surrendering. Rest all documents listed in checklist of SC on BLS website, please take originals with you and copy of them (self-attested). Please refer to BLS website for required documents.

Reactions: Jetrocker

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
So we need to carry originals with us but have to submit self-attested copies of all documents listed on checklist, except for Indian passport which we need to submit original for surrender right?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Also, where can I access the checklist of documents required and application form?
1- CHECKLIST FOR SURRENDER OF INDIAN PASSPORT PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF THE CHECKLIST WITH EACH APPLICATION AND CHECK MARK ALL THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW THAT ARE COMPLIED WITH.SIGN AT THE END OF EACH PAGE OF THE CHECKLIST. PLEASE NOTE: THE CONSULATE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CALL FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS, AS CONSIDERED NECESSARY. Entry to BLS International Services Canada Inc., Indian Visa Application Centers (VAC): 1. Due to the limited size of VACs, attorneys (those accompanying applicants), relatives, drivers, or friends are not allowed in the VAC. 2. An applicant may however, bring one person to assist him/her if he or she is elderly, disabled, or a minor child. 3. Applicants should bear in mind that they may stand outside the facilities for their turn, please dressaccording to weather conditions on the day of your visit. 4. If you cannot visit the VAC, it is recommended that you use the postal service to submit your application. Alternatively, to book a pickup and/or drop via FedEx, visit http://www.blsindia‐canada.com/vas/ APPLICATION FORM: Fill online application form for ‘Surrender of indian passport Application.’ Visit: https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in ‐ First time applicants need to register and make an account to be able to fill online application. If registered already, please log in and fill the application LOST INDIAN PASSPORT: (DEEMED SURRENDER)  If you have misplaced or lost your Indian passport, apply for a Deemed Surrender Certificate, with prior approval from the Consulate General of India. Application Form: ‐ Two copies of the form (in duplicate) are required, download application form for Deemed Surrender & Renunciation: http://blsindia‐canada.com/forms/HCI‐CGI_Surrender%20and%20Renunciation%20form.pdf ‐ A copy of Deemed Surrender Certificate Form is also required, download application form for Deemed surrender certificate. https://www.blsindia-canada.com/forms/HCI-CGI_Deemed Surrender Certificate form.pdf SIGNATURES: o Sign on Page1 &2. Signature must match with the valid passport. ‐ Minor Applicants (Below 18 Years) o If a minor cannot sign, apply left hand thumb impression for boys & right for girls. Both parents must also sign below the applicant’s signature. PHOTOGRAPH SPECIFICATIONS: ‐ Provide 1 photo of size 51mm x 51 mm. ‐ Photos must be compliant with specifications; refer tohttp://blsindia-canada.com/photo_spec.php ‐ You can avail of this service at the VAC; go to: http://www.blsindia-canada.com/vas.php DOCUMENTS Provide photocopies, unless otherwise stated, of the below documents on A4 size paper. If applying in person at a BLS Center, you are also requested to carry the originals of the photocopies provided for verification purposes only. Last held IndianPassport: (Original will be submitted for cancellation. Photocopies of first, last page and any observation pages required). If you have lost your last held Indian passport, please visit the Consulate General of India directly. Foreign / Canadian Passport: Copy of photo page and observations (if any) of your current valid foreign / Canadian passport. If you have not applied
2- for your passport, please write a written declaration to the Consulate General of India with an explanation of the same. CITIZENSHIP OATH CERTIFICATE: A citizenship / Oath certificate issued by the Canadian authority mentioning the exact date of acquiring the Canadian citizenship is required. In case citizenship certificate/exact date of acquiring Canadian citizenship is not reflected in the citizenship certificate or citizenship card, the applicant may submit an undertaking giving the exact date of acquiring Canadian Citizenship. However, if the applicant is unable to provide the exact date, a Search letter or any other document issued by the concerned Canadian authorities mentioning the exact date (i.e. date, month and year) should be submitted. FEES: Refer to fee schedule at: http://www.blsindia‐canada.com/renunciation_ppt.php For Mail In / Postal Applications: Enclose a certified Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Services Canada Inc.’ to include: o HCI/CGI Surrender/Renunciation Fee. o HCI/CGI Passport Retention Fee as Canadian Citizen. o HCI/CGI Penalty for Travelling on Indian Passport as Canadian Citizen. o HCI/CGI Penalty for Renewal/Re‐issue of Indian Passport as Canadian Citizen. o HCI/CGI Penalty for Misc. Passport Services obtained as Canadian Citizenship. o Consular Surcharge Fee ‐ Enclose a separate certified bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Services Canada Inc.,’ to include: o BLS Processing Fee o Add: Return Courier charges For Walk In Applicants: Payment can be accepted by cash or debit card only The above guidelines are defined by the High Commission of India, Canada,for consular services for India, and must be strictly followed. The High Commission of India, Canada Information and Application Centre will not accept applications which do not meet aboveguidelines. Theyalso reserve the right to ask for a personal interview. BLS International Services Canada Inc. have no say on whether you will be granted a visa/passport/PIO card/OCI card for India, as this is entirely the prerogative of the High Commission of India, Canada. The Mission may also request for additional documentation at anytime during or after the submission of the application. Undertaking:I certify that my documents are arranged in the order given at the Checklist above. I have been informed that any insufficiency in documentation as mentioned in the Checklist may lead to a delayin the processing/rejection of my application

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Ok. Mine says SC has been printed on Passport Seva website. No update on BLS site .How long did it take for ur wife's certificate status to change from printed to ready for collection?
Status changed yesterday for my and kids application: In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

krishnwinnie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
IELTS Request
SENT
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2015
Hi - Please keep on the look out on their website. I was able to get an appointment on Tuesday for Friday. Sometimes they open up additional slots and you have to be quick on booking lest the slots get picket up quickly,
Thank you so much. Are you talking about the appointment booking form on their website. I don’t see any dates for December and there it no option to book for 2023. There are so many websites I always keep getting confused on which site to go to

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, can we book an appointment date with BLS, then cancel it and book another date? My oath is on Dec 21, then going to request for expedited citizenship certificate, then apply for urgent passport and only then I'm going to apply for SC. So I want to book an appointment date with BLS in advance based on estimate but in case all the steps don't get completed by that date, I wanted to know if I can cancel the date. Hope BLS doesn't have any strict rules of showing up on the appointment date without fail and is flexible?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
SC for my kids and self still shows under processing at Consulate General when I track on the BLS website. Passport Seva website says certificate has been printed
Our applications had same phone# and email address
SC for my spouse is ready for collection as of yesterday. Provided separate phone# and email address
All 4 applications were submitted in person on Nov 19 at BLS Brampton
All SC certificates are ready for collection...
It took exactly 1 month...

Reactions: canadalove85