Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Received SC:
Application Date: Dec-02-2022 (Postal - City Toronto - BLS Brampton)
Received by BLS: Dec-03-2022

Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate: Dec-07-2022 (CGI)
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: Dec-16-2022
Surrender certificate has been printed: Dec-20-2022
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre: Dec-27-2022

Delivered by Purolator: 28-dec-2022

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Can anyone please share the self declarations format/context for passport surrender of i have not got me Canadian passport yet!

i can write it myself but bls has habit of making people run so if something has worked in part it’sa safer beer to use that

Thanks a lot in advance

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Can anyone please share the self declarations format/context for passport surrender of i have not got me Canadian passport yet!

i can write it myself but bls has habit of making people run so if something has worked in part it’sa safer beer to use that

Thanks a lot in advance
There is no format. Just address a letter to the consulate general of India, Toronto (if you are applying for Toronto or replace with appropriate region) and then state the reason why you are not able to submit the Canadian Passport. BLS just looks for the letter, they dont read or care about the contents

Reactions: Doom__V

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
There is no format. Just address a letter to the consulate general of India, Toronto (if you are applying for Toronto or replace with appropriate region) and then state the reason why you are not able to submit the Canadian Passport. BLS just looks for the letter, they dont read or care about the contents
Thanks

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
For surrender certificate, What to be submitted as Address proof for minor in Toronto jurisdiction?
Do parents need to counter sign kids fingerprint?

thanks in advance again.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
For surrender certificate, What to be submitted as Address proof for minor in Toronto jurisdiction?

thanks in advance again.
Parents proof of address

I would suggest you do not put the thumb impression or sign for the minors application form.
If you are applying for surrender application at the BLS center they can guide you through the signature process

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom__V

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017

thanks in advance again.
For kids less than 5 years you can just give their thumb impression (right hand for girls and left hand for biys). Parents are not needed to sign.

If the kids can write their names, they can go ahead and do that too. I did that for my kids (7 year olds)

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Can you apply for passport surrender with pick up and drop off service with Purolator at BLS? or it has to in person appointment?

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018

Thanks a lot in advance

@Doom__V

I used the below format many of my friends have used this in the past.

To,

Consulate General of India,
365 Bloor St E #700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Re: Self Declaration regarding not including Canadian passport with surrender certificate application.

I ____________________________ declare that I have not yet applied for a Canadian passport since becoming a citizen on ______________________. Due to this situation, I am unable to submit the same with Surrender Certificate application for Indian Passport.

Yours truly

Good Luck

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Can you apply for passport surrender with pick up and drop off service with Purolator at BLS? or it has to in person appointment?
Yes, I did the same. Costs extra but you can't do anything else if there are no in-person appointments available.

In pick up and drop off selection should we choose passport in the drop down? please advise??
Surrender certificate comes under passport services.

Reactions: onkar112

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
@Doom__V

I used the below format many of my friends have used this in the past.

To,

Consulate General of India,
365 Bloor St E #700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Re: Self Declaration regarding not including Canadian passport with surrender certificate application.

I ____________________________ declare that I have not yet applied for a Canadian passport since becoming a citizen on ______________________. Due to this situation, I am unable to submit the same with Surrender Certificate application for Indian Passport.

Yours truly

Good Luck
Thanks a lot. I have submitted the application. Going to bls is harassing. They are just sitting there to mint money. I will post my experience once i get the certificate!

• Sad
Reactions: abbas.pasha

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
Thanks a lot. I have submitted the application. Going to bls is harassing. They are just sitting there to mint money. I will post my experience once i get the certificate!
Hi, could you confirm if BLS are accepting walk-ins?