+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, can someone please answer 2 of my below mentioned queries? Just looking for a simple answer as my queries are not that complicated.

1) Can we book an appointment date with BLS, then cancel it and book another date? My oath is on Dec 21, then going to request for expedited citizenship certificate, then apply for urgent passport and only then I'm going to apply for SC. So I want to book an appointment date with BLS in advance based on estimate but in case all the steps don't get completed by that date, I wanted to know if I can cancel the date. Hope BLS doesn't have any strict rules of showing up on the appointment date without fail and is flexible?

2) For new SC application, do you have to login to Passport Seva website and access the application form from there? Is this the website link-
https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Hi, can someone please answer 2 of my below mentioned queries? Just looking for a simple answer as my queries are not that complicated.

1) Can we book an appointment date with BLS, then cancel it and book another date? My oath is on Dec 21, then going to request for expedited citizenship certificate, then apply for urgent passport and only then I'm going to apply for SC. So I want to book an appointment date with BLS in advance based on estimate but in case all the steps don't get completed by that date, I wanted to know if I can cancel the date. Hope BLS doesn't have any strict rules of showing up on the appointment date without fail and is flexible?

2) For new SC application, do you have to login to Passport Seva website and access the application form from there? Is this the website link-
1. Yes you can do that. For SC appointment, use your Indian passport number which you already have. If you dont get your Canada passport by your BLS appointment date you can cancel the appointment and book another date.

2. For SC application, follow the steps and the link provided in the BLS checklist. It is pretty straight forward.

Reactions: Jetrocker

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for your response. I will contact them. I will also try to apply oci from us
Surrender / OCI can be done in any country even if you acquire a citizenship of another country. Just that you will have to contact the appropriate agency for that country and provide proof of residence / employment / study permit in the ither country. For e.g. if you are a Canadian citizen applying fro USA , then you need provide a GC / work permit / study permit etc. and a US address proof.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017

For SC you dont need a Canadian Passport. As soon as you get the Citizenship certificate, you can fill in the applkication and get your SC issued. Just give a letter indicating the urgency and why you cannot submit the Canadian passport. For OCI you need the SC plus Canadian Passport. You can cancel the appointment n number of times. Rebook is based on availability. You cannot have more than one appointment with the same passport number within a week of each other. Also, you can book 2 appointments with a single mobile number / email address.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
For SC you dont need a Canadian Passport. As soon as you get the Citizenship certificate, you can fill in the applkication and get your SC issued. Just give a letter indicating the urgency and why you cannot submit the Canadian passport. For OCI you need the SC plus Canadian Passport. You can cancel the appointment n number of times. Rebook is based on availability. You cannot have more than one appointment with the same passport number within a week of each other. Also, you can book 2 appointments with a single mobile number / email address.
By the way, is your OATH in person or online? If in person, then you will get the certificate immediately.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, for SC photograph, it says on the checklist-

Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application form.

So I want to ask if the photographs for SC and OCI application would be the same? If not, what's the difference?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, as for the letter for applying SC without Canadian passport, can I state the urgency as my father's illness back in India (I have doctor's letters) and that I just received my Canadian citizenship certificate due to which I have to apply and wait for passport. If I say father's illness as the reason for urgency and not submit copy of Canadian passport, would they question as to why didn't I apply for an expedited Canadian passport before SC application? Would there be a conflict?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi, as for the letter for applying SC without Canadian passport, can I state the urgency as my father's illness back in India (I have doctor's letters) and that I just received my Canadian citizenship certificate due to which I have to apply and wait for passport. If I say father's illness as the reason for urgency and not submit copy of Canadian passport, would they question as to why didn't I apply for an expedited Canadian passport before SC application? Would there be a conflict?
Should be fine.

faizalb13

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-June-2016
AOR Received.
24-June-2016
File Transfer...
10-August-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi can you surrender indian passport and apply for indian visa at the same time? Does any one know?