+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I paid $30 for courier in addition to below mentioned fees. Lady at counter insisted to get new photo but I had photo done from professional photographer in Walmart, so she went in to speak with someone and no new photo. Total per person was $160.10 including courier service only.
Surrender FeeConsular FeeBLS Service FeeTotal Fee
Indian citizens acquiring any foreign citizenship after 1 June, 201011937.4129.40
Thx for the details, we had read about the photo issues at BLS so we decided to take the photos at BLS center itself.

Reactions: A_S

krishnwinnie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
IELTS Request
SENT
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2015
Guys I would suggest you to never send postal application to BLS unless you don’t have other options. I had really bad experience. They take their sweet time to just open that small envelope. Pretending to be really busy lol .
Hey sorry to hear about your experience! I don’t know if there is any other way anymore at least in the Toronto and Brampton location, as they don’t allow walk ins and the appointment page only shows dates until Dec 22( none available) Their calendar doesn’t even have an option for choosing the year 2023. I am so frustrated, and wonder how are other people booing appointments?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hey sorry to hear about your experience! I don’t know if there is any other way anymore at least in the Toronto and Brampton location, as they don’t allow walk ins and the appointment page only shows dates until Dec 22( none available) Their calendar doesn’t even have an option for choosing the year 2023. I am so frustrated, and wonder how are other people booing appointments?
Hi - Please keep on the look out on their website. I was able to get an appointment on Tuesday for Friday. Sometimes they open up additional slots and you have to be quick on booking lest the slots get picket up quickly,

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Does anyone know after how long can see status online after sending postal application to BLS surrey ? :(
Don’t know much about the postal application tracking
But I would suggest you to login in a few days to track the status on the Passport Seva website. Under the Application number it will provide details whether the certificate is under review or has been printed etc

kiravp

Feb 21, 2018
What should be emergency contact details for application? Can I put my spouse details with Canadian address?

Thanks!

tamilvanan3

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
Don’t know much about the postal application tracking
But I would suggest you to login in a few days to track the status on the Passport Seva website. Under the Application number it will provide details whether the certificate is under review or has been printed etc
Hi
I sent surrender certificate application by Purolator, it took 14 business days to show at BLS tracking and 15th day at Indian website.
Note: Surry Office