+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Does anyone know if we have to send copy of our old password which was expired few years ago ? I renewed after that and have valid passport?
Old passports are not required as they have been cancelled and were issued with a new passport(File# at the end bio page(of the new passport) includes that reference as well)

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Status at passport seva website showing as

"Surrender Certificate under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"

For last 1 week.

What would be the next status update and by when can I expect to receive the SC. I have opted for pickup from the BLS center not puralotor service.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Status at passport seva website showing as

"Surrender Certificate under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"

For last 1 week.

What would be the next status update and by when can I expect to receive the SC. I have opted for pickup from the BLS center not puralotor service.
Next status should be: Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance. (in about a week or day day from submission)
after that Surrender certificate has been printed (that should follow after 2-3 days)

Reactions: canadalove85

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi,

Is it mandatory to surrender the Indian passport immediately after receiving Canadian citizenship and passport, or is there a grace period?

Thanks!

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can somepone please confirm, if I need to submit photos with surrender passport application as well ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Guys I would suggest you to never send postal application to BLS unless you don’t have other options. I had really bad experience. They take their sweet time to just open that small envelope. Pretending to be really busy lol .

• Wow
Reactions: A_S and abbas.pasha