+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

nocturnal123

Aug 20, 2017
Hi everyone. I'm debating whether to do the passport surrender in person as walk-in or by mail. I live 4 hours drive one way from Brampton. If I want to do it as walk-in, is it better to do it on a Saturday? Or should I do it on a weekday (I would need to take a day off for weekday)? Any idea about the waiting line for walk-ins in relation to Saturday vs weekdays? Thanks.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone. I'm debating whether to do the passport surrender in person as walk-in or by mail. I live 4 hours drive one way from Brampton. If I want to do it as walk-in, is it better to do it on a Saturday? Or should I do it on a weekday (I would need to take a day off for weekday)? Any idea about the waiting line for walk-ins in relation to Saturday vs weekdays? Thanks.
Just mail in would be my suggestion

nocturnal123

Aug 20, 2017
Just mail in would be my suggestion
Thanks for the reply Abbas. Only thing worries me about mail in is BLS rejecting the application for something like photograph and sending the package back. I have seen some of the posts on here and a lot of google reviews on this issue.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question regarding photo. I understand for Passport Surrender application, the physical photo needs to be pasted on the application form. But for OCI application, the photo & signature uploaded online are automatically transferred to the printed application form. Do we have to paste the OCI physical photo somewhere else as well or just send it along with the OCI application package?

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi everyone, for address proof for surrender certificate application, can I show bank statements. I lost my drivers license and I do not have utility bill tied to my current address and it is in spouse's name. Only bank statements I can show. Will they accept it for proof of address?

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Hi everyone, for address proof for surrender certificate application, can I show bank statements. I lost my drivers license and I do not have utility bill tied to my current address and it is in spouse's name. Only bank statements I can show. Will they accept it for proof of address?
IMO - yes. but my two cents. Carry your bank statements + your spouse's Utility bill with the address +your marriage cert. should be proof enough.

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
I went to submit my application at the Toronto BLS center today (couldn't make it to Brampton). I was a walk-in, reached a few minutes before 8 am. There were about 20 people before me. Got in around 8:30 and was out by around 9:15. Everything went very smoothly. The BLS agent didn't even ask to see my originals that I was carrying :). Now the wait begins. Thanks you folks for your help so far! Might need some more when I graduate to OCI :p
I called the BLS people and he said I have to be there at 6:00 AM and wait for 2 hours. I think he was trying to push the $83 Purolator fee on me. I am not waking up that early.

• Haha
Reactions: CoorsHeavy