+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport renewal from toronto

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Same situation as yours. I told that I am issuing a WP for 1 year and if my passport expires earlier then the expiry date for WP will be same as expiration date of passport which means that you'll have to again apply for a renewal mid way.

This should be enough. If he/she doesn't agrees then mention that your health card also is valid until expiration of the WP and since it takes time for WP to arrive you can be without a health card for some time which is not good given how expensive this country is for medical expenses.
Hi, Thank you for the explanation. Do I need to write the reason down like a letter or I just have to go and tell them?

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
in my case i just told the when they asked why i need it in Tatkal. you might want to have an application ready just in case they ask.

madhabs

Nov 5, 2019
in my case i just told the when they asked why i need it in Tatkal. you might want to have an application ready just in case they ask.
Hi mudjawd,
I am in the same boat, in the process of applying of PGWP with only one year of validity of passport. I was skeptical if trying to have a full PGWP is a valid reason for Tatkal or not, and your reply gave me some hope.

Since the cost of Tatkal scheme is hefty (~$300), could you please shed some light on the process? Specifically, do they approve the passport and then charge the fee (in this way, if the they don't approve, no fees is charged), or they charge the fee first and then verify the nature of emergency (if they deny the passport in this step for some reason, then $300 is gone)?

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hi mudjawd,
I am in the same boat, in the process of applying of PGWP with only one year of validity of passport. I was skeptical if trying to have a full PGWP is a valid reason for Tatkal or not, and your reply gave me some hope.

Since the cost of Tatkal scheme is hefty (~$300), could you please shed some light on the process? Specifically, do they approve the passport and then charge the fee (in this way, if the they don't approve, no fees is charged), or they charge the fee first and then verify the nature of emergency (if they deny the passport in this step for some reason, then $300 is gone)?
Hi,
I applied for tatkal passport in Toronto. You have to go in the morning and submit all docs and you will get it in the afternoon. When you submit your docs ,they ask for payment. They accept bank draft, cash or debit. They will tell you on the spot if you got it or not only after that they will charge you. If you docs are all fine, there is no reason that you wont get the passport. its not like visa.

Reactions: madhabs

madhabs

Nov 5, 2019
Hi,
I applied for tatkal passport in Toronto. You have to go in the morning and submit all docs and you will get it in the afternoon. When you submit your docs ,they ask for payment. They accept bank draft, cash or debit. They will tell you on the spot if you got it or not only after that they will charge you. If you docs are all fine, there is no reason that you wont get the passport. its not like visa.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am planning to go to Toronto CGI as well.

If I understand your comment correctly, here are the steps:
(step 1) go and submit all docs,
(step 2) they inspect the docs and inform me if I qualify for the passport or not,
(step 3) if I qualify, they charge me for the passport.

Is the above interpretation correct ?
Thanks again.

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply. I am planning to go to Toronto CGI as well.

If I understand your comment correctly, here are the steps:
(step 1) go and submit all docs,
(step 2) they inspect the docs and inform me if I qualify for the passport or not,
(step 3) if I qualify, they charge me for the passport.

Is the above interpretation correct ?
Thanks again.
Hi,
First fill out the online form and submit. Print out that form. paste your photo on it. If your photo is not good they will tell you to take another photo. Then take all you supporting docs(copy & original), explanation letter. First show it to the receptionist, she/he will arrange your docs and let you know if there is anything missing. Then tell you to go to the counter. The lady at the counter will check your docs and if she writes clear on your docs, that means your got it. At that time you will have to pay and she will tell you to come in the afternoon and pick it up at the reception. This is the whole process.
P.S. If you have to take a repeat photo or copy of any docs, there is a canada post downstairs near no frills. you can do it there.

Reactions: madhabs

madhabs

Nov 5, 2019
Hi,
First fill out the online form and submit. Print out that form. paste your photo on it. If your photo is not good they will tell you to take another photo. Then take all you supporting docs(copy & original), explanation letter. First show it to the receptionist, she/he will arrange your docs and let you know if there is anything missing. Then tell you to go to the counter. The lady at the counter will check your docs and if she writes clear on your docs, that means your got it. At that time you will have to pay and she will tell you to come in the afternoon and pick it up at the reception. This is the whole process.
P.S. If you have to take a repeat photo or copy of any docs, there is a canada post downstairs near no frills. you can do it there.
Thanks for such a detailed response. You have now clarified all my doubts, and saved me from a ton of anxiety about the process. I hope that you have a wonderful day. Many many thanks. I will also post my experience once it is done.

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Thanks for such a detailed response. You have now clarified all my doubts, and saved me from a ton of anxiety about the process. I hope that you have a wonderful day. Many many thanks. I will also post my experience once it is done.
Your welcome. Also another note, go early. It opens at 9:30am. Be there before itself. It gets really crowded later. Just like India. :)
All the best! Have a great day!

Seem

Oct 22, 2015
Toronto
Hi All
My Mom is here in Canada on visitor Visa , which is expiring in May 2021. I got into an accident and wanted my mom to stay here , now when we can apply for her PP renewal ? And after renewal is she has to go back to India to get a new Visa issued or we can do it within Canada ?

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
@nancyjean: Did you get your passport renewed in Tatkal. I am planning to go in the next couple of weeks. Wanted to hear your experience. And is there a prior appointment with the consulate required ? Any details that you can provide will help.
Thanks

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
@nancyjean: Did you get your passport renewed in Tatkal. I am planning to go in the next couple of weeks. Wanted to hear your experience. And is there a prior appointment with the consulate required ? Any details that you can provide will help.
Thanks
Hi, my experience was good. No stress.
First fill out the online form and submit. Print out that form. paste your photo on it. If your photo is not good they will tell you to take another photo. Then take all you supporting docs(copy & original), explanation letter. First show it to the receptionist, she/he will arrange your docs and let you know if there is anything missing. Then tell you to go to the counter. The lady at the counter will check your docs and if she writes clear on your docs, that means you got it. At that time you will have to pay and she will tell you to come in the afternoon and pick it up at the reception. This is the whole process for tatkal.
P.S. If you have to take a repeat photo or copy of any docs, there is a Canada post downstairs near no frills. you can do it there.
No need to book appointment. You have be there before 9:30 am. It will be less crowded. You apply in the morning and get the passport in the afternoon.

madhabs

Nov 5, 2019
Thanks
I second @nancyjean, and the process was exactly what she described just below.

I went there by 8.30 am and thus had to wait for an hour. Otherwise, the process was smooth.