+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Update :

Date : 17th Feb. 2021
My Application Status :

Application StatusPassport has been printed.

and another update is File No. is added, it wasn't there until now.

SELECTARNFILE NOAPPLICANT NAMESUBMISSION DATEAPPLICATION TYPE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx22/01/2021Passport

Thank you.

Hello Everybody,

My application status is Updated as followed.

Date: 19th Feb. 2021
Application StatusPassport is printed and will be delivered shortly.

Alekhya Reddy

Jan 10, 2021
Hi All,

Can someone help me with my queries related to reissuing passport for minor from Toronto.. Below are my questions. Kindly help;

1. As per the BLS website, only postal application is accepted due to covid. When sending the postal application do we need to send any original other than our existing passport? I'm keeping a self attested copy of all the other documents. Should we send the original of PR card and landing document?
2. Are the fees paid in the form of DD?
3. How to sign the annexure form for minor? Can a parent sign it on behalf of the minor?
4. I'm unable to access the link in BLS for forms and checklist. Does anyone have a copy of the forms and document checklist?

Please help..

Regards
Alma
Hi Alma, I had the exact same questions! Did you figure these things out?

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hi All,

Can someone help me with my queries related to reissuing passport for minor from Toronto.. Below are my questions. Kindly help;

1. As per the BLS website, only postal application is accepted due to covid. When sending the postal application do we need to send any original other than our existing passport? I'm keeping a self attested copy of all the other documents. Should we send the original of PR card and landing document?
2. Are the fees paid in the form of DD?
3. How to sign the annexure form for minor? Can a parent sign it on behalf of the minor?
4. I'm unable to access the link in BLS for forms and checklist. Does anyone have a copy of the forms and document checklist?

Please help..

Regards
Alma
Hi Alma,

1. No, you don't need to send any original docs. other than your Passport.
2. Yes, in form of DD.
3. I'm sorry, I've no idea about that but 99% you should be the one who signs.
4. Checklist - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-Passport-Re-Issue-Checklist-Rev-11-4-FEB-04-2021.pdf
Annexure-E Form : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/annexures/ANNEXURE-E.pdf
Personal Particulars form : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/annexures/personal-particulars-form.pdf

I hope this helps.

Good Luck !

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hi Alma, I had the exact same questions! Did you figure these things out?

Hi,

If you have same questions like Alma.

1. No, you don't need to send any original docs. other than your Passport.
2. Yes, in form of DD.
3. I'm sorry, I've no idea about that but 99% you should be the one who signs.
4. Checklist - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-Passport-Re-Issue-Checklist-Rev-11-4-FEB-04-2021.pdf
Annexure-E Form : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/annexures/ANNEXURE-E.pdf
Personal Particulars form : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/annexures/personal-particulars-form.pdf

I hope this helps.

Good Luck !

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Here goes my Entire Timeline for Passport Renewal:

- Jan 17th: Submitted online application
- Jan 26th: Application and supporting documents along with old passport Delivered at BLS Brampton
- February 5th: BLS website Tracking Status Changed to “Application Under Process” from “No Record Found”
- February 8th: Processing at Consulate General
- February 16th: Got File number. The print has been initiated for the passport.
- February 17th: Passport has been printed
- February 19th: Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly in consulate website tracking / Dispatched via courier in BLS website tracking.
- February 22nd: Received new Passport.

Never received mails regarding anything like police clearance and all.

Mar 1, 2021
Hi All, Has anyone recently tried to renew the passport under TATKAL from BLS Brampton. The information on the website is not very clear, can anyone guide how to get it done from BLS.

For example the notice on the BLS site mentions: "Passport Renewal (Tatkaal) application to be submitted at Consulate, while decisioning is per merit of the application. "
I have already filled out the form on the CGI site and have selected TATKAAL as the category.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi All,
My husband's Indian passport recently expired and he got it renewed. We are based out of USA. We have a PR valid till 2025.We haven't moved to Canada permanently but will be doing it by this year mid.

Would like to get a clarity on below:
1) I would like to know if we need to link his PR card to his new passport ? (his PR card shows his old passport number)
2) If yes, how do we do it and should we get a new PR card again?
3) Will travelling to Canada be possible without linking his new passport to his PR?

Thanks in advance for the answers !!

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hi All,
My husband's Indian passport recently expired and he got it renewed. We are based out of USA. We have a PR valid till 2025.We haven't moved to Canada permanently but will be doing it by this year mid.

Would like to get a clarity on below:
1) I would like to know if we need to link his PR card to his new passport ? (his PR card shows his old passport number)
2) If yes, how do we do it and should we get a new PR card again?
3) Will travelling to Canada be possible without linking his new passport to his PR?

Thanks in advance for the answers !!
I'm not sure, this is going to help in any way. But as per my knowledge, he should have both the passports together,,i mean to say attached. That is how I've received it. It isn't like he is surrendering his passport. Whenever Office wants to check, older passport will there attached with the new one. Its like having another countries' VISA on old passport. VISA will be still valid as before. You should not be worried about this.

I hope this helps. If you got to know any other information, please share.

Good luck.