+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

nina28

Mar 13, 2021
hi,
For my PCC application -indian passport holder

>how will they verify my documents? If my home is on rent in India? because my relatives home is far from my address? Do the authorities go to the home address? or do they ask the relative to come to the police station? >which address do I put of the relative or my home address? >Also I am a Indian passport holder do I need to fill out personal particular form? >what documents do relatives need?

thanks!!

Last edited:

g1feb

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-aug-2014
Doc's Request.
11-nov-2014
AOR Received.
05-nov-2014
File Transfer...
05-nov-2014, in process 07-apr-15
Med's Done....
13-oct-2014
Passport Req..
12-May-2015
Do we have to notarize the photo copies of the documents that are to be sent?

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Some questions on passport renewal:
1.Is the current/expired passport the only original document to be sent with the postal application?
2.Just to re-confirm: are two bank draft's needed? One for passport fee and consular surcharge "$100+$3=$103" and the other for BLS fee of "$7.40?
3.There is a ticker message on the website that says "The Ministry has revised the service fee of outsourced agency as follows wih effect from 11th May, 2019. Present Visa Service Fee C$7.40 to Revised Visa Service Fee C$9.82". This is only for visas and not for passport renewals, correct?
4.Did you go to a passport photo studio or was it self help with some smart use of software?
1- yes only expired passport in original . rest all are copies.
2- Only one bank draft with total amount 103+7.4
3. i dont think its for passport
4. My suggestion is please dont mess with BLS and they have very bad reputation dealing with photos. Please go to the professional studio and get their stamp on back side of photo.

Reactions: francaispourquebec

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
1- yes only expired passport in original . rest all are copies.
2- Only one bank draft with total amount 103+7.4
3. i dont think its for passport
4. My suggestion is please dont mess with BLS and they have very bad reputation dealing with photos. Please go to the professional studio and get their stamp on back side of photo.
Thanks a lot, this is very helpful. Had one more question and any help will be appreciated. While filling the pickup and drop-off form from https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/, I receive the error:

Drop Off Fee Should not be Zero, Please check your Postal Code
Pickup Fee Should not be Zero, Please check your Postal Code

My postal code is correct. Do you know what's going on here?

Dhairya7790

Mar 10, 2015
Thanks a lot, this is very helpful. Had one more question and any help will be appreciated. While filling the pickup and drop-off form from https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/, I receive the error:

Drop Off Fee Should not be Zero, Please check your Postal Code
Pickup Fee Should not be Zero, Please check your Postal Code

My postal code is correct. Do you know what's going on here?
Not sure about error. I just called BLS support number, they took all information and filled form for me. Then while on call itself they emailed me a purolator link in email and I made payment. Next day purolator guy picked up my documents envelope.

puranjay

Jan 16, 2018
Here goes my Entire Timeline for Passport Renewal:

- Jan 17th: Submitted online application
- Jan 26th: Application and supporting documents along with old passport Delivered at BLS Brampton
- February 5th: BLS website Tracking Status Changed to “Application Under Process” from “No Record Found”
- February 8th: Processing at Consulate General
- February 16th: Got File number. The print has been initiated for the passport.
- February 17th: Passport has been printed
- February 19th: Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly in consulate website tracking / Dispatched via courier in BLS website tracking.
- February 22nd: Received new Passport.

Never received mails regarding anything like police clearance and all.
Hi,

I need to submit my passport for renewal as well to BLS Brampton. Can you please help share the exact steps you followed. It will be really helpful. Thank you

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Need some advice.
Is it a crime or an offence to stay in canada with expired indian passport which got expired 1 year ago and also the expired PR Card ?
Thanks
It's not. You will face difficulty if you need to travel anywhere. That's all. And when you apply for passport or canadian citizenship you have to explain the reasons for not renewing it in time.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Hi All!! I have applied for renewal under tatkal. Can some share the timeline if anybody applied under tatkal. how long will it take in reality. website says 5 working days.

bluecheese123

Feb 24, 2021
Hi all, for the Bank Draft, is it okay "BLS INTL Services Canada Inc" instead of "BLS INTERNATIONAL Services Canada Inc"? The banks is unable to fit in the entire name. Did you shorten it?

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Hi all, for the Bank Draft, is it okay "BLS INTL Services Canada Inc" instead of "BLS INTERNATIONAL Services Canada Inc"? The banks is unable to fit in the entire name. Did you shorten it?
I went to a bank branch a few days ago and the teller said she "knew for a fact" that a shortened form of the word international (INT'L) "will work". I agreed, although it remains to be seen if BLS will accept it. I think they will.

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Here is my Timeline if it helps someone.

- Feb 26th: Application and supporting documents along with old passport Delivered at BLS Brampton
- March 8th: BLS website Tracking Status Changed to “Application Under Process” from “No Record Found”
- March 9th : Processing at Consulate General
- March 17th: Got File number.
- March 18th: Passport has been printed
- March 19th: Dispatched via courier in BLS website tracking.
- March 22nd: Received new Passport.

tanujiter153

Jun 5, 2020
Hello to all experts and experienced people in this group.

Could you please help with below queries:

I am Canada PR holder trying to renew my Indian Passport which is going to expire in August, 2021.

1. For Valid Status in Canada, BLS is asking to provide the PR card copy as well as Landing Paper/COPR

I didn't do any physical landing and I was confirmed as PR by an email containing a letter received from IRCC. I received COPR client copy and IRCC copy but those were never used /stamped as I was confirmed over email.

As the landing paper/COPR isn't signed, can I send the photocopy of COPR Client copy with self attestation to BLS?

2. Address to be printed on the passport

As per BLS checklist, for PR card holders, its mentioned to enter the Canadian address under Address to be Printed, but nothing such is mentioned at CGI website. Can I put my Indian address as the printable address on passport.

Appreciate your suggestion and response.

V4Can

Apr 23, 2018
Hello everyone,

Just have a few question

- Did you have to provide original PR card
- Can we give relatives address in same locality for Indian reference address
- Do we need to provide 2/4 passport size photos ?
- Do all the photo copies of documents need to signed by the applicant

Thank you for all the help in advance

mudblood14

Feb 28, 2021
Hello, everyone
Could someone confirm the demand draft total amount for Tatkal passport renewal? Is a single demand draft enough, and if so - does it need to include courier fees too (since there is a separate form for scheduling and online payment for pickup/drop-off of passport)?

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Hi everyone,
If it helps, I sent my package by visiting Purolator by making the payment there itself for both ways. The fees were slightly less than what I saw for online payment.
I chose the option to pickup from the Purolator office once they receive it from BLS.
I sent my package on Monday, 29th Mar and now the wait begins!
-JJ