+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I got an email yesterday with the subject Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your Passport Application. But on the bls website and when i login to passport seva the status says Processing at consulate general. Will this status change?
Hi, status only change once passport is ready for printing, What's your date of application? just trying to figure out the timelines.

puranjay

Jan 16, 2018
Hi, status only change once passport is ready for printing, What's your date of application? just trying to figure out the timelines.
Hi Vikas,
I submitted my application on 24th March at BLS Brampton. So the status wont change now? I received the police verification email yesterday. Do you know how will that be completed?

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Hi Friends, When I check online status passportindia website, since yesterday it mentions "Passport application along with fee details have been received. " Any idea when will the file number show up?
Application Received at BLS: 30 March 2021.

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
What did it say before 9th September? I have not received a police verification notification but mine says the following. Thanks

"Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
Hi, I applied for renewal of passport last month and status changed to - "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. ", Can you please guide what happens after that and how long does it take to get the passport. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Mamta26

sonams18

Nov 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Just updating you guys with my file update. I'm PR of Canada and have submitted my file for renewing my EXPIRED passport.

Also, information that had to be changed on my passport:
Address
Marriage Status
Adding Wife's name

Following is my Passport Renewal Timeline:

- March 11th: Submitted postal application
- March 12th: Application and supporting documents along with old passport Delivered at BLS Brampton
- March 15th: BLS website Tracking Status Changed to “Application Under Process”
- March 16th: Processing at Consulate General (No updates till March 31st after this, I checked daily)
- March 31st: Dispatched via courier in BLS website tracking.
- April 01st: Received a new Passport(via Purolator)

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers :)
Was this tatkal or regular application?

Mamta26

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I have sent my documents for my son's passport renewal through Purolator on April 5 and received them by BLS on April 8. My online tracking system is still showing "Application received online." How long does it take to change the further status?

venkatesh1991

Sep 8, 2018
Bls website says consulate fees changed after April 1st.

1)Anyone applied for passport renewal at bls Toronto after April 1st

2)Regarding the fee for postal application,the checklist page is asking us to include two demand draft from bank (one with passport and consular surcharge fee and another with bls processing fee and return courier charges). Is that mean we should enclose one for 96 CAD and another for 7.40 CAD?

Thanks a lot

venkatesh1991

Sep 8, 2018
I have sent my documents for my son's passport renewal through Purolator on April 5 and received them by BLS on April 8. My online tracking system is still showing "Application received online." How long does it take to change the further status?
How much did you enclose the bank draft for?

Did you enclose one draft for passport and consular surcharge fee and another for bls processing fee and return courier charges ?

venkatesh1991

Sep 8, 2018
Hi, I applied for renewal of passport last month and status changed to - "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. ", Can you please guide what happens after that and how long does it take to get the passport. Thanks in advance.
1) Did you enclose the return envelope when you sent your postal application?

2) Regarding the 2 passport size photos,one must be pasted in the application and the second one should we just keep along with other particulars?

3) Any signature to be made on the back of the photo that was not pasted?

Thanks

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mine took around 8 business days...after which it reflected a different status .... "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. "

Reactions: Mamta26

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1) Did you enclose the return envelope when you sent your postal application?

2) Regarding the 2 passport size photos,one must be pasted in the application and the second one should we just keep along with other particulars?

3) Any signature to be made on the back of the photo that was not pasted?

Thanks
In my case I visited purolator office with the package and they made the envelope for me and also enclose a return envelope as well. All they did by themselves and infact the purolator fees was less that way, since I visited their office. Also I will be picking it up from the same purolator office. She gave me tracking number for both ways! Hope this helps!

Also regarding photos, I attached one on the application form. Second I just kept in the folder itself, just clipping it with the forms. Ensure not to staple the photos, just clip it. Also I did not fill out the personal particular form. I felt it was not needed, as per checklist and also as suggested by other folks in this forum.

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Did you enclose one draft for passport and consular surcharge fee and another for bls processing fee and return courier charges ?
Just enclose one draft with the full amount. Mine was submitted in March, seems there has been a revision since 1-Apr. Guess it should be $103.##

Reactions: venkatesh1991

Mamta26

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018

I enclosed one draft of dollar 72.40 because I have applied for minor and this included all three of them( passport surcharge + consular + Bls processing fees)

Nitin9891

Jun 22, 2019
Hi Friends, When I check online status passportindia website, since yesterday it mentions "Passport application along with fee details have been received. " Any idea when will the file number show up?
Hello,
Please do let me know once your status gets changed as my status is also the same. Thanks

Reactions: jj_ind

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
It stays like this for a few weeks and then will go to review, followed by ready to print and then your passport has been printed. All of this happens in a span of 3 days. You'll have your passport most likely by next week.