+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hi All, Has anyone recently tried to renew the passport under TATKAL from BLS Brampton. The information on the website is not very clear, can anyone guide how to get it done from BLS.

For example the notice on the BLS site mentions: "Passport Renewal (Tatkaal) application to be submitted at Consulate, while decisioning is per merit of the application. "
I have already filled out the form on the CGI site and have selected TATKAAL as the category.
I think, You don't do anything extra other than selecting that option (TATKAL) as a service and different fees than the regular one. Forms and everything should be the same. I know, its confusing, but it has to go to BLS only. They'll send it to Consulate themselves.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
I'm not sure, this is going to help in any way. But as per my knowledge, he should have both the passports together,,i mean to say attached. That is how I've received it. It isn't like he is surrendering his passport. Whenever Office wants to check, older passport will there attached with the new one. Its like having another countries' VISA on old passport. VISA will be still valid as before. You should not be worried about this.

I hope this helps. If you got to know any other information, please share.

Good luck.
Thank you for your reply !! Yes he has both his passports. Just wanted to know if we need to update IRCC with the new passport number and link it to the PR card since the PR card has his old passport details.

bluecheese123

Feb 24, 2021
Hi All, Has anyone recently tried to renew the passport under TATKAL from BLS Brampton. The information on the website is not very clear, can anyone guide how to get it done from BLS.

For example the notice on the BLS site mentions: "Passport Renewal (Tatkaal) application to be submitted at Consulate, while decisioning is per merit of the application. "
I have already filled out the form on the CGI site and have selected TATKAAL as the category.
Were you able to figure this out? Few weeks back we were able to send to BLS, what is the deal with sending to consulate directly? How do we do that?

Dhairya7790

Mar 10, 2015
Hi All,

I have some questions that might seem stupid, just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

I am a PR card holder, waiting on citizenship applied in July 2019.

What all original documents are to be sent for Indian Passport renewal through postal application?

Does following mean submit original PR card?
"VALID STATUS IN CANADA: Please submit the below documents as applicable, in original and copy;
- PR Card "

Are the prints black/white fine?

What is the total amount to be stated for certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’?

Thanks in advance.

Stlaw

Mar 5, 2021
Just letting you know, In Vancouver, I had wasted a day as BLS as they rejected my application because I chose Taatkal in the application and had to go another day. They told me BLS cannot process tatkaal and only consulate can. Consulate is now closed here and only BLS available. I am not sure about Toronto though, but good to double check by contacting BLS. Does it say choose “normal” for service type in the check list like in Vancouver?, if so, better follow that (just my opinion). My status is ‘print has been initiated’ and that’s how I ended here lol.

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hi All,

I have some questions that might seem stupid, just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

I am a PR card holder, waiting on citizenship applied in July 2019.

What all original documents are to be sent for Indian Passport renewal through postal application?

Does following mean submit original PR card?
"VALID STATUS IN CANADA: Please submit the below documents as applicable, in original and copy;
- PR Card "

Are the prints black/white fine?

What is the total amount to be stated for certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure about black and white photocopy, But yes we don't need to send original PR card. It should be fine, as it isn't mentioned any where that it has to be in colour. Total amount for draft is $110.40.

Check on this: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/new_ppt.php

I hope this helps.

Dhairya7790

Mar 10, 2015
I'm not sure about black and white photocopy, But yes we don't need to send original PR card. It should be fine, as it isn't mentioned any where that it has to be in colour. Total amount for draft is $110.40.

Check on this: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/new_ppt.php

I hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing the information and link.

What is the main application form called? Is there a direct link? When looking at checklist it has online application form.

My passport expired July 2020, hence filling out postal application for brampton location.

Thanks in advance.

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing the information and link.

What is the main application form called? Is there a direct link? When looking at checklist it has online application form.

My passport expired July 2020, hence filling out postal application for brampton location.

Thanks in advance.
Hi there is no direct link to the form. https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
you are required to go to following link. Create an account and select appropriate options regarding your application and fill up the form. At the end of the form, once you are done, it will generate your application form b itself and then you can print it.

As per my knowledge, there is no direct link to that form.

It called APPLICATION FORM FOR INDIAN PASSPORT.

Reactions: Dhairya7790

Dhairya7790

Mar 10, 2015
Hi there is no direct link to the form. https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
you are required to go to following link. Create an account and select appropriate options regarding your application and fill up the form. At the end of the form, once you are done, it will generate your application form b itself and then you can print it.

Thank you for all your help. Filled out all the forms.

Following is what I see in terms of fees:
For Mail In / Postal Applications(WE DO NOT ACCEPT TATKAAL PASSPORT APPLICATION BY POSTAL)
- Enclose a certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include:
o HCI/CGI Passport Fee.
o ICWF Consular Surcharge Fee.
- Enclose a separate certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include:
o BLS Processing Fee.
o Add: Return Courier charges.

Total fees(bank draft) comes to $110.40

How is courier fees to be included in draft? Can I not attach prepaid return courier receipt?

Thanks

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019

hi, if someone is a PR holder, is it mandatory to choose Canada address to be printed in their passport? the Consulate portal doesn't say anything like that, however the checklist in BLS site says that.

Dhairya7790

Mar 10, 2015
hi, if someone is a PR holder, is it mandatory to choose Canada address to be printed in their passport? the Consulate portal doesn't say anything like that, however the checklist in BLS site says that.
Yes seems like it is mandatory. All the friends(PR card holder), who recently re-issued their Indian passport have canadian address printed on their passport. It is also stated on checklist:

PROOF OF ADDRESS:
Driver’s License or Ontario Government issued photo ID card or Utility Bill (must be less than 6 months old).
Please note: Proof of address must match the same as ‘Address to be printed on the passport’.
 For applicants on Study permit or Visitor Record, please enter the Indian address under ‘Address to be printed’ and current Canadian address under ‘Other addresses on the online form. (If the address is the same as the Indian address mentioned in your recent Indian passport, Indian address proof is not required, but you are required to provide proof of your current Canadian address). If the Indian address differs from the one printed in your Indian passport, please provide address proof of your new Indian address and Canadian address.
 For PR card holders, please enter your Canadian address under ‘Address to be printed on the passport’ and your Indian address under ‘Other addresses. Please provide your Canadian address proof.

Reactions: canprofus

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Thank you for all your help. Filled out all the forms.

Following is what I see in terms of fees:
For Mail In / Postal Applications(WE DO NOT ACCEPT TATKAAL PASSPORT APPLICATION BY POSTAL)
- Enclose a certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include:
o HCI/CGI Passport Fee.
o ICWF Consular Surcharge Fee.
- Enclose a separate certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include:
o BLS Processing Fee.
o Add: Return Courier charges.

Total fees(bank draft) comes to $110.40

How is courier fees to be included in draft? Can I not attach prepaid return courier receipt?

Thanks
You can book Purolator pick up and drop using https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Some questions on passport renewal:
1.Is the current/expired passport the only original document to be sent with the postal application?
2.Just to re-confirm: are two bank draft's needed? One for passport fee and consular surcharge "$100+$3=$103" and the other for BLS fee of "$7.40?
3.There is a ticker message on the website that says "The Ministry has revised the service fee of outsourced agency as follows wih effect from 11th May, 2019. Present Visa Service Fee C$7.40 to Revised Visa Service Fee C$9.82". This is only for visas and not for passport renewals, correct?
4.Did you go to a passport photo studio or was it self help with some smart use of software?

manpreet12345

Feb 6, 2016
My passport tracking status shows passport has been handed over by the embassy/consulate to the osp executive for further dispatch to the applicant from the past 1 month does any one know how many more weeks it will take i submitted the postal application at bls brampton centre.
Thankyou