+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

tanyabee

Sep 21, 2022
can you share CGI Toronto email id. I have submitted passport renewal application on August 1st week. It is still showing in process at Consulate.
Any one who recently received new passport from Toronto, please share your time line
Try checking your status here. https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
Emailing them has not really been very helpful.
There was an issue with my police verification so I had to visit the office (Wednesday open house 3pm to 4pm) and the officers helped me out and then my file got processed.

tanyabee

Sep 21, 2022
can you share your Time line. I am also awaiting to receive passport from CGI Toronto. Its been 2 month status is in process at Consulate
Sept 2, 2022 : Police verification sent to India, Status at BLS : Processing at CGI
Sept 10, 2022 : Print has been initiated for the passport, Status at BLS : Processing at CGI
Sept 20, 2022 : Passport has been printed, Status at BLS : Processing at CGI
Sept 21, 2022 : BLS updated to "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre"
Sept 22, 2022 : BLS status : Ready for dispatch in morning and in afternoon : Dispatched via Courier (provided PUROLATOR airway bill number)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

Deva3

Jun 17, 2021
I have sent an email to Consulate General of India in Toronto and got the below response:

If the applicant has a work permit / PR then it is mandatory that the printable address has to be Canadian address.
Further query, if any may be raised at the following link only : https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/

There are FAQs under: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/faq.php?id=6
Hope this helps someone!!
Hi,
Did you raise new application after your previous application is returned by BLS to make Canadian address as Printable address?

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Applied on Aug 23rd. Got email this morning (Sept 22) - Sent to local police station for verification. Status - "Processing at CGI".

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
The status for my passport renewal has been updated to Dispatched via Courier on BLS India and I do see Airway number on it I guess it is the tracking number.
But why does it say Airway Bill number and I am able to track it only on https://www.purolatorinternational.com/track-shipment/

It is an international package? Can anyone help me with it :)
I'm sorry I don't follow your question. If you are able to track it then won't you be able to see the location from where it's being sent?

tanyabee

Sep 21, 2022
I'm sorry I don't follow your question. If you are able to track it then won't you be able to see the location from where it's being sent?
Sorry. No, I am not yet able to see that, maybe when it is in transit? So far that status of the package at purolator is "shipping label created"
My question here is , does BLS provide airway number? or a tracking number?

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
August Application Timeline

Aug 12 - Sent through Postal
Aug 15 - Received at BLS, Brampton
Aug 17 - sent back to me(turns out they made an error by assuming my application is TATKAAL when I clearly send them a $100 DD)
They scheduled a walk-in appointment at BLS WINNIPEG at the earliest
Aug 22 - Submitted at BLS, Winnipeg
Aug 23 - On the way to Consulate
Aug 25 - Fee received and processing at CG
Sep 13 - Passport application under review
Sep 20 - Passport Print initiated
Sep 23 - Passport has been printed

Rav211

Aug 23, 2022
August Application Timeline

Aug 12 - Sent through Postal
Aug 15 - Received at BLS, Brampton
Aug 17 - sent back to me(turns out they made an error by assuming my application is TATKAAL when I clearly send them a $100 DD)
They scheduled a walk-in appointment at BLS WINNIPEG at the earliest
Aug 22 - Submitted at BLS, Winnipeg
Aug 23 - On the way to Consulate
Aug 25 - Fee received and processing at CG
Sep 13 - Passport application under review
Sep 20 - Passport Print initiated
Sep 23 - Passport has been printed
Wow the timeline from “under review” to “print initiated” was really quick! Any idea whether they did a police verification for you?

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Wow the timeline from “under review” to “print initiated” was really quick! Any idea whether they did a police verification for you?
Nope, I don't think there was a police verfication. I wanted to include my spouse name in my passport and her passport already had my name. So, most likely they skipped PV.

Reactions: ankiep
Sep 24, 2022
Hi,
My status says "Passport has been printed".
I hope to receive my new passport soon. However, I would like to know if they send the old passport as well (mine is postal application, so sent original old passport along with application) and it is important that I have the old one since the passport contains my US visa (valid for next 7 years or so.
Thanks in advance!
Did they do police verification in your case?