FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hi all,

Apologize for posting this here. I am not seeing any thread for Indian passport renewal at BLS Surrey, hence posting here.

I sent my Indian passport renewal application to BLS Surrey through Purolator. It has been over 7 working days as of now since my application reached them according to Purolator tracking.

My application tracking is still not showing up in BLS website.

When I login to Passport Seva website and click on the select radio button for the application that I submitted, the status is only 'Passport application form has been submitted.' - which probably indicates that I submitted that form when I filled it out on that website.

This is concerning. Is it normal for the application tracking not being available on BLS website for this long? Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance.
In some cases they take additional time to start processing. Give a call to BLS Surrey or visit them if you're close enough.

Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
In some cases they take additional time to start processing. Give a call to BLS Surrey or visit them if you're close enough.
Atleast they can post a status that they have received the application. I am not in BC. The recorded message when I call says that I have to wait for 8 working days to see any status on BLS website.

Wanted to see if for anyone else it took this long to see any status on BLS website.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
So my friend applied on Aug 25th (normal category) and received his passport today (no police verification required). On a flip side, my application (applied Aug 23) is still showing "processing at embassy/consulate general" with PV initiated on Sept 22. What a joke of an organization CGI Toronto is.

Deva3

Jun 17, 2021
Hi all,

Apologize for posting this here. I am not seeing any thread for Indian passport renewal at BLS Surrey, hence posting here.

I sent my Indian passport renewal application to BLS Surrey through Purolator. It has been over 7 working days as of now since my application reached them according to Purolator tracking.

My application tracking is still not showing up in BLS website.

When I login to Passport Seva website and click on the select radio button for the application that I submitted, the status is only 'Passport application form has been submitted.' - which probably indicates that I submitted that form when I filled it out on that website.

This is concerning. Is it normal for the application tracking not being available on BLS website for this long? Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance.
They will update the status on the 8th or 9th working day from the date of receipt to BLS as per recent trends.. my status was updated on the 8th working day. (Toronto jurisdiction)

Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
They will update the status on the 8th or 9th working day from the date of receipt to BLS as per recent trends.. my status was updated on the 8th working day. (Toronto jurisdiction)
Oh ok. Thank you for letting me know! Hopefully mine gets updated in the next couple of days too.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
I have water damage on my passport. I was going through the instructions for re issuance and i saw we have to fill Annexure F for damaged passport.
On annexure F it asks to fill out resident details if NRI. In my case i am in Canada for last 2 years but before i was in Spain.
Do they ask that residence detail because they want to do some police verification in previous country of residence? If so will they do it on their own or i’ll have to provide pcc for Spain.
Or its just a formality to put those details in annexure F and they only do police verification in India?
Anyone on this please?

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
Sorry, I cant find any info elsewhere but does anyone know if bls toronto is taking walk ins? the earliest appointment i can find for visa services is in december. TIA

Reactions: maxiie

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I have applied online for passport renewal and ready with all documents and forms. Is it advisable to send it through Canada Post or Purolator is mandatory?? It's from Nova Scotia.

Kindly advice. Appreciate your response.

Thanks
You can't send on your own through either of this mail services. Either call the customer care they'll guide you how to book the service which costs almost $100 or go to the BLS website and book postal service. They'll provide you with a shipping label which you have to take a print out and attach.

Rav211

Aug 23, 2022
Hi, My passport was printed today. Does anyone know if it's okay to approach the consulate and pick up the passport directly?

JohnHarkins

Sep 24, 2022
Hi, My passport was printed today. Does anyone know if it's okay to approach the consulate and pick up the passport directly?
Hi, can you please let me know when did you apply or when was it initiated for printing ? I have been on the same boat, my print has been initiated on 29th Sept but it's not printed
Thanks

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
You can if it’s something urgent. But beware you might not get it. Sometimes they just ship it (if you selected postal delivery), and the status will still say “passport printed”. I’d rather pick up from BLS.

gir_8

Nov 23, 2014
You can't send on your own through either of this mail services. Either call the customer care they'll guide you how to book the service which costs almost $100 or go to the BLS website and book postal service. They'll provide you with a shipping label which you have to take a print out and attach.
This is strange as nothing was mentioned on their website. Also, reg. plurolator service it says - optional.. I would have tried calling their number several times, no one picks up and it gets disconnected.

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Update - Print Initiated (Oct 4th), anyone with similar timeline?
Hi @Bhaumik_Patel,
Could you please let me know, in your case, how many days it took to initiate PV after CAT/File number was generated??

For my case, I submitted an application at Brampton BLS on Sept 24, CAT number was generated on Sept 28 but nothing after that.

Also, on the Passport Seva Portal status - The passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. Does it change when PV is initiated??

When I check, the developer tool, I just see the status as "Sent to Go"
{
"EVENT_DESC": "",
"EMP_ACTION": "Sent To Go",
"STATUS_TRACKING_PK": <<ID>>,
"LAST_MODIFIED_DATE": "2022-09-28T00:00:00",
"STATUS_DESC": "Granting Initiated",
"STATUS_ID_FK": <<ID>>,
"FILE_NO": "<<ID>>"
}