+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Sep 24, 2022
I became Canadian PR on 10th Aug 2018 but moved here from a settlement standpoint in July 2021. I am meeting the residency obligation. I have my PR card with me. The issue is my wife and daughter do not have their PR cards. In fact, they were not issued the cards in the first place. We have raised a request for an initial PR card but it has not been acted upon yet.
The Issue is, that I need to renew the passport of my daughter (expiring in October 2022) and I have been hearing that we need to present the original PR card for renewal.
How I do get around this issue?
Hi. I'm facing the same issue. Were you able to renew without the PR card?

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hi. Had they initiated police verification in your case? And if yes when exactly did they initiate after applying at BLS?
Yes they did on Sept 22. Yesterday my brother submitted requested docs to local police station, awaiting approval now!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Is Police verification done for all passport renewal cases from Canada?
Not always. My understanding is that if no details have changed, then there is no PV.

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Aug 12 - Sent through Postal
Aug 15 - Received at BLS, Brampton
Aug 17 - sent back to me(turns out they made an error by assuming my application is TATKAAL when I clearly send them a $100 DD)
They scheduled a walk-in appointment at BLS WINNIPEG at the earliest
Aug 22 - Submitted at BLS, Winnipeg
Aug 23 - On the way to Consulate
Aug 25 - Fee received and processing at CG
Sep 13 - Passport application under review
Sep 20 - Passport Print initiated
Sep 23 - Passport has been printed
Sep 26 - In transit from CG to BLS
Sep 28 - Ready for pick up - Picked up few hours ago.

I didn't want further delay so didn't opt for postal service.

Reactions: maxiie

Rav211

Aug 23, 2022
Aug 12 - Sent through Postal
Aug 15 - Received at BLS, Brampton
Aug 17 - sent back to me(turns out they made an error by assuming my application is TATKAAL when I clearly send them a $100 DD)
They scheduled a walk-in appointment at BLS WINNIPEG at the earliest
Aug 22 - Submitted at BLS, Winnipeg
Aug 23 - On the way to Consulate
Aug 25 - Fee received and processing at CG
Sep 13 - Passport application under review
Sep 20 - Passport Print initiated
Sep 23 - Passport has been printed
Sep 26 - In transit from CG to BLS
Sep 28 - Ready for pick up - Picked up few hours ago.

I didn't want further delay so didn't opt for postal service.
There’s an option to opt for pickup rather than postal? When I went to BLS they told me that they will mail it to me and I didn’t have the option to pick it up :(

Reactions: ankiep

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
There’s an option to opt for pickup rather than postal? When I went to BLS they told me that they will mail it to me and I didn’t have the option to pick it up :(
Mine was BLS winnipeg(Toronto jurisdiction). What about yours? They said the postal would cost $30 to send from BLS WPG or I could come there and collect.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
I have water damage on my passport. I was going through the instructions for re issuance and i saw we have to fill Annexure F for damaged passport.
On annexure F it asks to fill out resident details if NRI. In my case i am in Canada for last 2 years but before i was in Spain.
Do they ask that residence detail because they want to do some police verification in previous country of residence? If so will they do it on their own or i’ll have to provide pcc for Spain.
Or its just a formality to put those details in annexure F and they only do police verification in India?

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Anyone applied in late August? Please share your timeline. Mine was Applied on Aug 23, PV Initiated Sept 22, Docs submitted to local thana - Sept 27. Still no update :(

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Anyone applied in late August? Please share your timeline. Mine was Applied on Aug 23, PV Initiated Sept 22, Docs submitted to local thana - Sept 27. Still no update :(
It's showing "PV_VERIFICATION_FK: 13". Anyone knows what "13" means?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
I have water damage on my passport. I was going through the instructions for re issuance and i saw we have to fill Annexure F for damaged passport.
On annexure F it asks to fill out resident details if NRI. In my case i am in Canada for last 2 years but before i was in Spain.
Do they ask that residence detail because they want to do some police verification in previous country of residence? If so will they do it on their own or i’ll have to provide pcc for Spain.
Or its just a formality to put those details in annexure F and they only do police verification in India?
Anyone on this please?

gir_8

Nov 23, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have applied online for passport renewal and ready with all documents and forms. Is it advisable to send it through Canada Post or Purolator is mandatory?? It's from Nova Scotia.

Kindly advice. Appreciate your response.

Thanks

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Apologize for posting this here. I am not seeing any thread for Indian passport renewal at BLS Surrey, hence posting here.

I sent my Indian passport renewal application to BLS Surrey through Purolator. It has been over 7 working days as of now since my application reached them according to Purolator tracking.

My application tracking is still not showing up in BLS website.

When I login to Passport Seva website and click on the select radio button for the application that I submitted, the status is only 'Passport application form has been submitted.' - which probably indicates that I submitted that form when I filled it out on that website.

This is concerning. Is it normal for the application tracking not being available on BLS website for this long? Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: