+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Himesh9987

Sep 8, 2022
Hi

How can i get info on Indian Visa for Canadians (may be i dont need it if below is true)

My file status changed from processing at cgi to transit from "Consulate general to BLS center".

It updated today, does this actually mean application is being returned to BLS? I oped out to mail as I live 5 hrs from Brampton. Any thoughts or directions to get an answer?

Thanks in advance.

vigu360

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
Med's Done....
Pre medicals
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Hey folks, what fees did you pay for BLS Toronto to renew a normal 36 page passport, I was under the impression it's 196.40 3rd option, but the application was sent back due to incorrect amount. Anyone has insights if it's the 1st option for 103.x ? Thank you in advance

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hey folks, what fees did you pay for BLS Toronto to renew a normal 36 page passport, I was under the impression it's 196.40 3rd option, but the application was sent back due to incorrect amount. Anyone has insights if it's the 1st option for 103.x ? Thank you in advance
Go with option 1 if you are trying to renew.
If you lost your passport then it's option 3.
1Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages - validity 10 years (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 to 18 years)9337.40103.40
2Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages for minors below 18 years of age6237.4072.40
3Passport Renewal containing 36 pages (Damage/lost) (all age groups)18637.40196.4
4Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 60 pages (JUMBO) - validity 10 years (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 to 18 years)12437.40134.40
5Passport Renewal containing 60 pages (Damage/lost) (all age groups)21737.40227.40

Last edited:

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I have to send my Indian passport to CGI Vancouver for renewal via Purolator. Can someone who has done it recently please help?

- Is this the address where we have to send the application via Purolator : Unit 201-8140 120th Street, Surrey BC V3W 3N3?

- I am confused regarding the shipping process : Should I use the 'PICK UP AND DROP OFF' option : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/pickup-and-drop.php and enter the BLS Surrey BC address in Drop off Address section?

- My understanding is that if I go through the process in the above link by paying for pick up and drop off, I will get pick up shipping label at the end which I can take along with the application to Purolator location to send to BLS in Surrey BC. Is my understanding correct?

- BLS will get the return shipping label from Purolator to ship our passports to us or we also get return shipping label along with the pick up shipping label which we can include in the envelope with the application? Should we also include an envelope for BLS to send the passports back?

Thank you in advance.

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I have to send my Indian passport to CGI Vancouver for renewal via Purolator. Can someone who has done it recently please help?

- Is this the address where we have to send the application via Purolator : Unit 201-8140 120th Street, Surrey BC V3W 3N3?

- I am confused regarding the shipping process : Should I use the 'PICK UP AND DROP OFF' option : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/pickup-and-drop.php and enter the BLS Surrey BC address in Drop off Address section?

- My understanding is that if I go through the process in the above link by paying for pick up and drop off, I will get pick up shipping label at the end which I can take along with the application to Purolator location to send to BLS in Surrey BC. Is my understanding correct?

- BLS will get the return shipping label from Purolator to ship our passports to us or we also get return shipping label along with the pick up shipping label which we can include in the envelope with the application? Should we also include an envelope for BLS to send the passports back?

Thank you in advance.
I don't think you need to include an envelope to get your new passport back. I spoke with customer care and they send me link to my e-mail for the shipping label. I took a print out of the label and the next day a purolator guy showed up with an envelope to attach my documents. All I had to do was stick the shipping label on top of the envelope(cover) which they provided.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I don't think you need to include an envelope to get your new passport back. - do they use the same envelope that we send our application in to send the passports back to us? how does BLS get the return shipping label?

I spoke with customer care and they send me link to my e-mail for the shipping label. I took a print out of the label and the next day a purolator guy showed up with an envelope to attach my documents. All I had to do was stick the shipping label on top of the envelope(cover) which they provided. - here you are talking about how you sent your application, right? did you call the Purolator's customer care : 1-888-744-7123 to get the shipping label link to your email?

MPanBudh

Sep 12, 2022
Hi All,
I have applied for passport renewal on Aug 17th from BLS brampton and it is showing ‘Granting Initiated’ under inspection mode (on Sept 2)from past 10 days. No updates afterwards.How much more time it will take as it has been almost a month. Please share timelines for August month if anyone has applied. Thanks

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
August Application Timeline

Aug 12 - Sent through Postal
Aug 15 - Received at BLS, Brampton
Aug 17 - sent back to me(turns out they made an error by assuming my application is TATKAAL when I clearly send them a $100 DD)
They scheduled a walk-in appointment at BLS WINNIPEG at the earliest
Aug 22 - Submitted at BLS, Winnipeg
Aug 23 - On the way to Consulate
Aug 25 - Fee received and processing at CG
Sep 13 - Passport application under review

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

Rav211

Aug 23, 2022
I submitted my passport renewal application at BLS Toronto on 9th September. How long does it take for the file number to be generated?

Last edited:

Ak.gupta

Sep 14, 2022
I apply for my passport renewal on 26 June at Bls Toronto_On 6 July it’s shows processing at consulate general.it’s almost 2 months completed but still no update..
Still it’s showing processing at consulate general
Can anyone tell me what I do in that case

Rav211

Aug 23, 2022
I apply for my passport renewal on 26 June at Bls Toronto_On 6 July it’s shows processing at consulate general.it’s almost 2 months completed but still no update..
Still it’s showing processing at consulate general
Can anyone tell me what I do in that case
What’s the status on portal3.passportindia.gov.in?

-MK-

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Canada
It’s showing application under review of Indian high commission/consulate..
Would suggest emailing CGI Toronto to understand what is going on with your application. In the email mention the dates, your details and let them know that you are currently blocked by this and need to travel pretty soon and would be difficult to plan without having the new passport.