CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
just applied for entry visa today at brampton office. Lets see, showing under process now.

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi All, I understand this thread is for Passport renewal so I felt someone on this thread might be able to help:

my mother currently holds a super visa which will expire in July 2023 because her Indian passport is expiring at that time.I wish to get her passport renewed through BLS Brampton while she is here with me because in India the process takes longer. I tried calling BLS but no luck yet: does anyone know if we can get an Indian passport renewed at CGI TORONTO with a validity of 10 years(if the person is a visitor with either supervisa or tourist visa on their passport)? I did some reading and I found in one of CGI’s documentation that if someone holds a visitor visa etc on their current passport then if they are renewing that passport the new passport validity is only 2 years. Wanted to check if someone has gone through that process please. Because no point if I apply for renewal here and CGI gives only 2 year validity, I would rather then go through the renewal process in India and get 10 year validity and then apply for her supervisa.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
just applied for entry visa today at brampton office. Lets see, showing under process now.
HI
I have quick question is how much time take you apply canadian passport i get my certificate today i am ready to apply c/passport my plan go to back to home to need oci end of november ready so u can tel me witch fastesest way to canadian passport early becuse iam need to time for surrender indian passport and oci sufficient time thank you

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
HI
I have quick question is how much time take you apply canadian passport i get my certificate today i am ready to apply c/passport my plan go to back to home to need oci end of november ready so u can tel me witch fastesest way to canadian passport early becuse iam need to time for surrender indian passport and oci sufficient time thank you
Get travel tickets booked and go to passport office directly. Stand in line and get passport at the earliest. That is the only way.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Get travel tickets booked and go to passport office directly. Stand in line and get passport at the earliest. That is the only way.
i can cancel air tkt to after apply or they check tkt passport pickup time and tkt buy to 10 -14 days period time is ok to apply .

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
i can cancel air tkt to after apply or they check tkt passport pickup time and tkt buy to 10 -14 days period time is ok to apply .
You can get refundable air tickets and cancel them after passport submission and acceptance

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
I plan to renew my wife's passport by adding my name and changing her name to my surname.

I am checking this thread, and there are many mixed Police Verification posts. Some people are getting PV requests, and some are not.

Is there any rule for PV?

mathenagsatish

Oct 9, 2013
Hi everyone,
Submitted to Toronto Consulate through Bls Lawrence. I got my CAT number around 17-20 june (wasnt able to check the portal during this time so I am not sure about the exact date). I need my passport urgently to travel for work in Germany by the end of July. Getting very anxious as I also have to apply for work visa once I get the passport. I went to the consulate and they told me that cannot do anything. Any suggestions what to do?
Thanks.
Did you applied. How long did it took for renewal.

Prabhneetkaur

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hello guys,
Passport printed since 11 Aug Bls Montreal
My timelines are
Application submitted 15 July
Application went to review 8 Aug
Granting Initiated 8 Aug
Granted on no PV basis 9 Aug
Print initiated 9 Aug
Passport Printed 11 Aug
Passport sent to consultâte Ottawa 12 Aug via international courrier
When tracked it shows it reached Ottawa 15 Aug

any idea how long it will take to be in transit from consultate to Bls Montreal.
Thanks

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

Prabhneetkaur

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
I plan to renew my wife's passport by adding my name and changing her name to my surname.

I am checking this thread, and there are many mixed Police Verification posts. Some people are getting PV requests, and some are not.

Is there any rule for PV?
I don’t think so there is any rule. But for me I did my PCC 3 months back and at that time police went for verification means they have those details with them so might be mine is issued on no PV basis

Reactions: Anand2021

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hello, I am trying to renew my Indian passport and when referring to BLS page, I see lots of information but its across the places and cannot find concrete answers for me, and was hoping if someone was in similar situation and could assist me -

1) I found that Passport fee + consular surcharge + BLS fee = 103.40 which needs to be paid through Demand Draft. Question I had is, how much do I need to pay for pickup and drop off service for BLS (I could not find any information on this). And also is this pick up/drop off going to be an online payment or do I need to add the total payment of this in the demand draft I will be making? (They have clearly mentioned if DD would not have correct amount paid it will not be processed so I want to avoid any delays and hoping someone can assist).

2) My original passport was having only my father & mothers name, I am still wanting to keep the same, not renewing passport due to name change or any reason. However, now that I have marked my status as Married, it asks me to enter Spouse name as well mandatory. I didnt see in checklist if I need to provide any marriage certificate or not, anyone experience any similar or any advise even if I send additional documents not needed is it going to be okay or should I simply follow the checklist?

Thank you for your help!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hello, I am trying to renew my Indian passport and when referring to BLS page, I see lots of information but its across the places and cannot find concrete answers for me, and was hoping if someone was in similar situation and could assist me -

1) I found that Passport fee + consular surcharge + BLS fee = 103.40 which needs to be paid through Demand Draft. Question I had is, how much do I need to pay for pickup and drop off service for BLS (I could not find any information on this). And also is this pick up/drop off going to be an online payment or do I need to add the total payment of this in the demand draft I will be making? (They have clearly mentioned if DD would not have correct amount paid it will not be processed so I want to avoid any delays and hoping someone can assist).

2) My original passport was having only my father & mothers name, I am still wanting to keep the same, not renewing passport due to name change or any reason. However, now that I have marked my status as Married, it asks me to enter Spouse name as well mandatory. I didnt see in checklist if I need to provide any marriage certificate or not, anyone experience any similar or any advise even if I send additional documents not needed is it going to be okay or should I simply follow the checklist?

Thank you for your help!
Are you planning to apply by post? If applying in person, you can pay the fee by debit at the BLS center.
If you are adding your spouse name, then a copy of marriage certificate would be required.
In case your spouse already have your name on their passport, then you will not need marriage certificate.

Reactions: Reshma Asrani

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Are you planning to apply by post? If applying in person, you can pay the fee by debit at the BLS center.
If you are adding your spouse name, then a copy of marriage certificate would be required.
In case your spouse already have your name on their passport, then you will not need marriage certificate.
Thank you!