26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Hi Sahil

Thanks

There are certain things that I need to ask :

1) when applying for ECA through WES Website .
what would be considered as month and year for end of the course for CA course ? - I am not sure it matters. I cleared my CA in 4 years from CPT to Final. But WES just considered it as 3 year bachelor degree. They will just see you have passed and thats all.

Would be it be month and year in which exams given or month and year in which candidate cleared exam. Like if someone qualified in May 2019 and got result in August 2019 . So which one to consider ?

2) For applying transcripts from ICAI ,I have read on Institute website that we have to apply online and afterwards send self attested hard copy of marksheets and certificates to ICAI . So are we required to send all the marksheets even though those in which a candidate appeared but wasn’t successful or restricted to only those in which a person pass exams ? I guess second would be fine . I had sent them all my mark sheets as I'm sure they had all my mark sheet on their database.

3) where we need to submit it ? ICAI vishwas nagar or ITO Delhi office ? If you were from Delhi . - I really do not remember at the moment as it was like some 4 years ago. I'm sure its mentioned on website. However, if my memory serves me right it was ICAI vishwas nagar.

Please email me sample Work experience letters if you was able to find them .- sending them now.

Thanks

hpham

Feb 7, 2020
I am a CA and I'll share my application experience-

a) CA is considered as a 3 year bachelor by WES.
b) Articleship is considered as Part-time and falls under NOC 1112. Post qualification experience will be NOC1111
c) As per the MRA between ICAI and CPA Canada, you need to appear for UFE (law, ethics and tax) to get the CPA degree. However, you need to be a member in good standing with ICAI
d) If you are a B'Com, then I do not think, the CA will add much to your application.
Hi sahilsharma, I am a CA as well. However, WES does not assess the Institute that issued my Chartered Accountant status (ISCA Singapore). Hence anyone know if any other agency assess professional qualifications like CA? OR how do I fill in the application that WES assess CA?

May 24, 2020
I am a CA and I'll share my application experience-

a) CA is considered as a 3 year bachelor by WES.
b) Articleship is considered as Part-time and falls under NOC 1112. Post qualification experience will be NOC1111
c) As per the MRA between ICAI and CPA Canada, you need to appear for UFE (law, ethics and tax) to get the CPA degree. However, you need to be a member in good standing with ICAI
d) If you are a B'Com, then I do not think, the CA will add much to your application.

Hi Sahil,
I am a Chartered Accountant and want to Migrate to Canada,i wanted to ask that is CA degree sufficient to migrate and find jobs in canada or should one do some additional degrees like US CPA or Canadian CPA.
Are Indian CA's Provided with good jobs in Canada.
Kindly Help me with this as i have done lot or research but still could not find any better Answers to my question.
You can Reach out to me on : cashalinigupta95@gmail.com
I would really appreciate if you could help me.
Thanks in advance.

CA_Jass

May 3, 2019
Hi Sahil,
I am a Chartered Accountant and want to Migrate to Canada,i wanted to ask that is CA degree sufficient to migrate and find jobs in canada or should one do some additional degrees like US CPA or Canadian CPA.
Are Indian CA's Provided with good jobs in Canada.
Kindly Help me with this as i have done lot or research but still could not find any better Answers to my question.
You can Reach out to me on : cashalinigupta95@gmail.com
I would really appreciate if you could help me.
Thanks in advance.
I am an Indian CA. It has been an year for me now in Canada and I would say it has been challenging so far. Most of the employers I had a chance to be interviewed by were giving preference to Canadian Education and experience. For some of them, even an Accounting Diploma from Canadian Institute is better than Chartered Accountant from abroad(except US). So i realized it isn't what it looks like. The government recognizes and grants permanent residency based on our skills and qualifications from our home country but the employers don't recognize it much. I had to work at a position way lower than my profile. So, I just want to get done with my Canadian CPA exam asap and get recognized here. So the simple answer is Indian CA is just not good enough. You will be a Canadian CPA after Clearing Common Final Examination.

Reactions: Akash_Jain_09

anubhav_007

Sep 14, 2020
Articleship Experience is counted as valid experience under NOC 1111. I used that experience to get my Permanent Residency and same was done by one of my newly qualified CA friend.
Hello @CA_Jass

I am trying to prepare my reference letter for my CA articleship, can you please help me with that, Like if you can share a sample refrence letter with some R& R which worked in your case, and did you use the designation in letter like "Article Assistant", will it work if I use it ?

Please highlight some key things to remember while creating reference letter for NOC1111 with articleship experience.

Looking forward for your response, Thanks

anderson1992

Sep 16, 2020
What are the job prospects for an Indian CA migrating to Canada? i.e till I complete my CPA. And even after completing CPA, is it hard to find a job? Could someone please answer these questions of mine?

CA_Jass

May 3, 2019
Hello @CA_Jass

I am trying to prepare my reference letter for my CA articleship, can you please help me with that, Like if you can share a sample refrence letter with some R& R which worked in your case, and did you use the designation in letter like "Article Assistant", will it work if I use it ?

Please highlight some key things to remember while creating reference letter for NOC1111 with articleship experience.

Looking forward for your response, Thanks
Yes i used the term article assistant as it's also explicitly stated in NOC 1111, I can forward you a copy of my reference letter if you share your email address.
I didn't mention the amount of stipend but it just stated that "he was in receipt of remuneration as per ICAI regulations"

anderson1992

Sep 16, 2020
Yes i used the term article assistant as it's also explicitly stated in NOC 1111, I can forward you a copy of my reference letter if you share your email address.
I didn't mention the amount of stipend but it just stated that "he was in receipt of remuneration as per ICAI regulations"
Hi @CA_Jass , Could you please also forward it to

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards

Last edited:

prakritig13

Sep 4, 2020
Hey , I was also looking for a sample reference letter for articleship experience. Please share it with me if possible.I was also concerned about the lower stipend. Please forward the copy of your reference letter to the following email. It would be a great help
Email - prakritigupta305@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards

Ranti Dev

Oct 3, 2020
Hi @CA_Jass Can You please forward Ref Letter to ranti.iit@gmail.com. Thanks

f1f3eak

Oct 3, 2020
Hi There, Could you please send a draft of the ref letter to f1f3eak@gmail.com. Thank you in advance!

Nov 26, 2020
Could you please share the draft reference letter on the below mentioned mail address:
moluheena@yahoo.com