+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Chartered Accountant (CA) Applicants for Canada PR

Anji721

Apr 1, 2017
Thanks sir , well I qualified recently and possess post qualification experience of not more than a year ; however , what if I am able to get reference letter from my principal under whom I did CA articleship . Would that be considered ?

Also m planning to apply for express entry and Under NOC 1111 , I have seen a job title of CA student - CA article and all . Would that be considered.

And one more if u can share the sample of reference letter from employer. What kind of letter is required .
It totally depends upon how you are able to show your work experience. For many articleship has been considered as work experience when they have submitted the required documentation to prove it. Following will be required:

a. Bank Statements - in which your stipend has been credited/ Salary Slips
b. Appointment Letters & Relieving Letters on Letter Head
c. Work Experience Letters from your Principal Employer mentioning the roles and responsibilities covered under NOC 1111. (This is hard to get.)

If you are able to provide these, it can be considered.

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi anyone can please provide a sample work experience letter as per NOC 1111 for Indian CA .

Thanks in advance

Dhimant Shah

Jun 23, 2018
Hi CAsharma,

My questions are similar to yours. Please respond if you got answers of these ?

1) Does CA + B.Com be considered as Masters or double Batchelors for immigration to Canada ?

2) Articleship be considered as Work experience ?

Meenakshy

Sep 14, 2019
Hi,
I am a Indian Inter Chartered Accountant, it will take me another 1 year to complete the same and later get my marksheet. I am a BCOM graduate. Done with IELTS.

1. Basically, I want to ask whether it would be better for the WES points, to apply now or should I wait for a year to become a CA.
2. If I wait for a year the cut-off rate might be on the higher side, so which is a better option.

Kindly help me.
Regards.

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi Dhimant

Just seeking answers haven’t received accurate information.

As far as 1st question is concerned I got to know that it is considered as a double degree not a masters degree .

Second question - articleship experience . Still not got any constructive answer.
Some say it is considered as work experience and some say not . Can’t conclude anything.

Also have you done your ECA ?

Wish to know the procedure of ECA for Ind

QUOTE="Dhimant Shah, post: 8172420, member: 769976"]Hi CAsharma,

My questions are similar to yours. Please respond if you got answers of these ?

1) Does CA + B.Com be considered as Masters or double Batchelors for immigration to Canada ?

2) Articleship be considered as Work experience ?[/QUOTE]
Hi

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi

Well I think it is better to complete your education and I guess WES won’t evaluate incomplete degree. And rest take more guidance on this .

Anyhow what’s your IELTS SCORE??

All the best.

Hi,
I am a Indian Inter Chartered Accountant, it will take me another 1 year to complete the same and later get my marksheet. I am a BCOM graduate. Done with IELTS.

1. Basically, I want to ask whether it would be better for the WES points, to apply now or should I wait for a year to become a CA.
2. If I wait for a year the cut-off rate might be on the higher side, so which is a better option.

Kindly help me.
Regards.
We

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
I am a CA and I'll share my application experience-

a) CA is considered as a 3 year bachelor by WES.
b) Articleship is considered as Part-time and falls under NOC 1112. Post qualification experience will be NOC1111
c) As per the MRA between ICAI and CPA Canada, you need to appear for UFE (law, ethics and tax) to get the CPA degree. However, you need to be a member in good standing with ICAI
d) If you are a B'Com, then I do not think, the CA will add much to your application.

Reactions: CAsharma

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi

Thanks finally a ray of hope . Someone replied to post .

Can u share sample work experience letters of both pre and post qualification like during articleship and one after qualifying??

My email id : spragatidelhi@gmail.com

Thanks.

b) Articleship is considered as Part-time and falls under NOC 1112. Post qualification experience will be NOC1111
c) As per the MRA between ICAI and CPA Canada, you need to appear for UFE (law, ethics and tax) to get the CPA degree. However, you need to be a member in good standing with ICAI
d) If you are a B'Com, then I do not think, the CA will add much to your application.

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Also ,

If you can help out how to apply for transcripts from ICAI??

Is certificate of membership required to be sent? If so do we need to self attest or ICAI do attestation ??

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Also ,

If you can help out how to apply for transcripts from ICAI??

Is certificate of membership required to be sent? If so do we need to self attest or ICAI do attestation ??
For the transcripts you simply need to apply online at ICAI.- https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=653

I am not really sure you need to submit your Membership certificate. At least I did not send it to WES. However I did attach a scan with AOR application.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Hi

Thanks finally a ray of hope . Someone replied to post .

Can u share sample work experience letters of both pre and post qualification like during articleship and one after qualifying??

My email id : spragatidelhi@gmail.com

Thanks.

I will look for them over the weekend and send them to you. However, i can tell you what i did. For my article ship i took the 1112 NOC and picked up the sample job roles given on the CIC website and tweaked them a little.

For my post CA experience, I took the relevant points from NOC 1111 and tweaked them a little to what I was doing and got them approved my employer.

Meenakshy

Sep 14, 2019
Thank for the revert.
My IELTS Score is 7.5 average.
Hi

Well I think it is better to complete your education and I guess WES won’t evaluate incomplete degree. And rest take more guidance on this .

Anyhow what’s your IELTS SCORE??

All the best.

We

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
I will look for them over the weekend and send them to you. However, i can tell you what i did. For my article ship i took the 1112 NOC and picked up the sample job roles given on the CIC website and tweaked them a little.

For my post CA experience, I took the relevant points from NOC 1111 and tweaked them a little to what I was doing and got them approved my employer.

Hi Sahil

Thanks

There are certain things that I need to ask :

1) when applying for ECA through WES Website .
what would be considered as month and year for end of the course for CA course ?

Would be it be month and year in which exams given or month and year in which candidate cleared exam. Like if someone qualified in May 2019 and got result in August 2019 . So which one to consider ?

2) For applying transcripts from ICAI ,I have read on Institute website that we have to apply online and afterwards send self attested hard copy of marksheets and certificates to ICAI . So are we required to send all the marksheets even though those in which a candidate appeared but wasn’t successful or restricted to only those in which a person pass exams ? I guess second would be fine .

3) where we need to submit it ? ICAI vishwas nagar or ITO Delhi office ? If you were from Delhi .

Please email me sample Work experience letters if you was able to find them .

Thanks