+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Chartered Accountant (CA) Applicants for Canada PR

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi folks !
**Greetings **

I am an Indian CA and presently wish to immigrate Canada !
There are plethora of questions that are buzzing my mind about Canada PR process , the ways to immigrate Canada, various process and procedures involving variant documents and other things to do .
So through this separate thread I would like to know and discuss all about PR process for Canada and CA equivalency as per WES, articleship experiences, relevant Noc,etc
If there is any Indian CA who has recently succeeded to get Canada PR then those are invited to share their experiences and help all and as well as any kind of doubts and information and discussion is welcome ! Kudos !!!

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
First thing that I would like to know is that :

Is CA articleship - 3 years of full time paid internship is considered as work experience? Is it counted as Work Experience for Express Entry Canada ?
One the one hand, Many of my friends told me that it’s not counted as work experience because it was the part of the course and according to Canadian website any internship did as part of the course is considered as study and not work experience.

On the other hand , I had met an Indian CA who said his 3 years articleship experience is counted as work experience and I have also seen on this forum where people had shared that their CA articleship is considered as valid work experience and they have even received visa on that basis and along with that, I have seen that in NOC 1111 there is a. Job title mentioned CA student and even the job responsibilities are also matching with what I did in my training tenure.

So what’s the conclusion ?
Is 3 years of Articleship counted as valid work experience or not ?
This is a big dilemma !!! Please help !

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi can anyone help on this discussion !
Please provide information and share your views and experiences as this thread is a dedicated thread for Indian chartered accountants !!!!!

First thing that I would like to know is that :

Is CA articleship - 3 years of full time paid internship is considered as work experience? Is it counted as Work Experience for Express Entry Canada ?
One the one hand, Many of my friends told me that it’s not counted as work experience because it was the part of the course and according to Canadian website any internship did as part of the course is considered as study and not work experience.

On the other hand , I had met an Indian CA who said his 3 years articleship experience is counted as work experience and I have also seen on this forum where people had shared that their CA articleship is considered as valid work experience and they have even received visa on that basis and along with that, I have seen that in NOC 1111 there is a. Job title mentioned CA student and even the job responsibilities are also matching with what I did in my training tenure.

So what’s the conclusion ?
Is 3 years of Articleship counted as valid work experience or not ?
This is a big dilemma !!! Please help ![/QUOTE

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hi there CAsharma; my dad was a CA. I have a link here for you. This is the licensing body for all Professional CA's in Ontario. To practice in Ontario you must have their approval.

https://www.cpaontario.ca/become-a-cpa/why-cpa/internationally-trained-accountants

As far as what the EE people want; I think you will find in Canada, "work experiece" does NOT include class co-op time out working. Working in the Canadian scheme of things is something you pay income tax for and file a return to Revenue Canada.
Check with the CPA concerning their definition of articling; you may be able to get something for it.

juanchof33

Apr 17, 2019
NOTHING that is not the Canadian CPA counts here. Take the assessment of the CPA for international trained accountants which will tell you if need the Preparatory courses (most likely) then the PEP courses and finally take the CFE exam.

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Well thanks folks but my question is different ! M asking about consideration of my 3 years of
Chartered Accountancy articleship as work experience for Express entry application

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Also question 2 : Have anyone got transcripts from ICAI, what’s the procedure for that , please inform !!!

CASM

Feb 28, 2019
get in touch with an immigration consultant for better understanding. For transcripts, call ICAI on 01203054842

CASM

Feb 28, 2019
Hello! I am an Indian CA. When did you qualify as CA? I am not sure whether articleship is counted as work experience because a reference letter from "employer" detailing the job duties/ responsibilities performed, is required to get the experience counted/ points awarded for that experience.

I have a CA friend who had 4 years of post qualification experience which could be counted/ considered only after he submitted ref letter from "employer" (company where he was working full-time). It depends under which visa class/ NOC you file an application

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Thanks sir , well I qualified recently and possess post qualification experience of not more than a year ; however , what if I am able to get reference letter from my principal under whom I did CA articleship . Would that be considered ?

Also m planning to apply for express entry and Under NOC 1111 , I have seen a job title of CA student - CA article and all . Would that be considered.

And one more if u can share the sample of reference letter from employer. What kind of letter is required .

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Question 3: Also what is the level of equivalence of evaluation of CA Degree ? Is it equivalent to graduation or post graduation as per WES ECA ?