+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

faizalsha

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hi All ,
URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED ..

I am in canada under work permit and planning to submit my docs for PR from Canada under CEC but my wife ( secondary applicant ) is stuck in India and is planning to travel to canada soon .Therefore i am having concern about doing PCC , can she do her PCC from india and once she has the report can she travel to canada and submit rest all documents from here in Canada . Is this ok , i am having concern whether my application doesn't gets rejected . I had planned to do PCC for both of us from Canada only but due to unforeseen circumstance and deadlines for doc submission find this route to be the most quick . Would really appreciate if someone can reply to this thread .

Thanks
Inland applications need pcc from consolate i think if she apply outside Canada then you can process indian pcc but check with others too i might be wrong

ggupta2802

Aug 25, 2020
Hi All ,
URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED ..

I am in canada under work permit and planning to submit my docs for PR from Canada under CEC but my wife ( secondary applicant ) is stuck in India and is planning to travel to canada soon .Therefore i am having concern about doing PCC , can she do her PCC from india and once she has the report can she travel to canada and submit rest all documents from here in Canada . Is this ok , i am having concern whether my application doesn't gets rejected . I had planned to do PCC for both of us from Canada only but due to unforeseen circumstance and deadlines for doc submission find this route to be the most quick . Would really appreciate if someone can reply to this thread .

Thanks
You should do your PCC from Indian Consulate and your wife shall do it from India

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
My wife has got her passport reissued a week ago and physical police verification was done for that.

Now we have applied for PCC, do you have any idea if police verification will be done again? It just happened 6-7 days back!!

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Any one here any luck with getting in touch with Indian consulate Toronto office? By phone, email or in person?
When you file PCC application online, what do you put in file no?

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Any one here any luck with getting in touch with Indian consulate Toronto office? By phone, email or in person?
When you file PCC application online, what do you put in file no?
File no is on your passport, no on left bottom corner (if i remember correctly) on second last page. I saw a few youtube videos on filing the pcc application which mentioned this. So you can check them too.

Sep 16, 2020
I was applying through BLS International for PCC for which I need to fill the form at passportindia.gov.in. They just need 2 addresses - 1 of India and the other of Canada.
My questions are:
1. Don't they need to validate past 10 years of stay out of Canada (more than 6 months) or only the last address stayed in India?
2. I was working in Maharashtra and living there and my permanent address (also which is mentioned in my passport) is of Punjab. Which Indian address should I mention of India - Maharashtra where I last stayed (and now tenants are staying) and from where I applied my work permit or of Punjab where my parents currently stay?
Thank you in advance.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
File no is on your passport, no on left bottom corner (if i remember correctly) on second last page. I saw a few youtube videos on filing the pcc application which mentioned this. So you can check them too.
Thanks but I have British passport so I do not even know if I have to fill out online application. When you login it says "Only Indians living abroad are eligible to apply for Passport Services using Passport Seva System under the jurisdiction of the respective Indian Missions (Embassy/High Commission) or Posts (Consulate Generals) abroad."

What does Indian living abroad means? Does that mean people who hold Indian passport or does it mean people who was born India and now living abroad but hold foreign passport?

Very confusing and no answer from CGI TORONTO.

ashwinvsinha

Aug 12, 2020
My Timeline:
5th Aug Postal application through Purolator
12th Aug Status on BLS Canada: Processing at Consulate General
21st Aug Police verification Initiation Mail
30th Aug verification by police officer at my home, he confirmed all is good and he will process ASAP.
---> After this no update since then
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html tracking still shows "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"
Any idea when it will move forward after this stage?? Please help.

faizalsha

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Thanks but I have British passport so I do not even know if I have to fill out online application. When you login it says "Only Indians living abroad are eligible to apply for Passport Services using Passport Seva System under the jurisdiction of the respective Indian Missions (Embassy/High Commission) or Posts (Consulate Generals) abroad."

What does Indian living abroad means? Does that mean people who hold Indian passport or does it mean people who was born India and now living abroad but hold foreign passport?

You need police verification in which ever country you stayed for more than 6 months if you have had indian passport prior to British you can submit that passport copy as well and use that file number,
You can track by logging in to the portal4 website, for reference see the link below

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/#:~:text=Requirements for PCC application:,Student Permit/ Visitor Record etc

faizalsha

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018

Was there a file number in past indian passport when you stayed in india or was there a file number in the visa document you obtained to go to India?

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
You need police verification in which ever country you stayed for more than 6 months if you have had indian passport prior to British you can submit that passport copy as well and use that file number,
You can track by logging in to the portal4 website, for reference see the link below

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/#:~:text=Requirements for PCC application:,Student Permit/ Visitor Record etc
Thanks for your reply, I asked BLS they said I only need to do paper application but CGI website says fill out online application for former Indian. And when I fill my current British passport number on online application, it doesn't fit in the application form online.

And I submitted file according to my current passport number as that's what BSL wanted.

Confusing..

Last edited:

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
PCC Timeline

12AUG- Applied at BLS
14AUG- Processing at CGI
20AUG- PCC Initiation Email
24AUG- Police verification at Home
02SEP- PCC submitted by SSP Office
16SEP- PCC has been granted at (https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html) website
16SEP- PCC has been printed
21SEP- Ready to dispatch ( BLS website)
21SEP- Dispatched via courier
waiting to receive it
Hi There,
Do you receive a soft copy of the PCC at this stage? "16SEP- PCC has been granted at (https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html) website"

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
My wife has got her passport reissued a week ago and physical police verification was done for that.

Now we have applied for PCC, do you have any idea if police verification will be done again? It just happened 6-7 days back!!
Any info on it will be highly appreciated!

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020
I got my ITA on September 2 draw, My husband is a secondary applicant and he has initiated his PCC from India, as he was residing in India. He received his PCC from PSK on Sep 14.

He recently traveled to Canada for the first time on Sep 16 on a work permit visa. My query is,

1) Whether his PCC that is issued from India still valid or he should get PCC via Consulate?

Please help.

Reactions: Suryarao611