+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

ak1808

Sep 16, 2020
I have done the mentioned steps, is on the Website https://embassy.passportindia.gov.inthe status on the portal is- “PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate”
I'm in a similar situation. When I track the status on the website it shows “PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate”. Haven't received any email about the initiation of the police verification, yet. Application submission date 10th September (walk-in @ BLS Toronto). Haven't received any update since on the portal (BLS or embassy.passportindia). Playing the waiting game for now. Let me know if you notice any change or hear back from the folks at the consulate.

dinkarinjosh

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
I'm in a similar situation. When I track the status on the website it shows “PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate”. Haven't received any email about the initiation of the police verification, yet. Application submission date 10th September (walk-in @ BLS Toronto). Haven't received any update since on the portal (BLS or embassy.passportindia). Playing the waiting game for now. Let me know if you notice any change or hear back from the folks at the consulate.
Wait for 10 days, I also received email about pcc post 10 days.

Reactions: ak1808

rishijc

Sep 14, 2020
Hi,
We applied for PCC @ BLS on Aug 11, 2020. On the August 20, 2020 we received email from PSK with the cat. number. The current status of the application is PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. I have sent mails to cons.toronto@mea.gov.in but no response. Further the portal4 website shows "no application number found". I don't how to go about it. Further, in India I do not have any family at the address. What can be done?
Does anyone know what the status “PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.” means. And, how long will it take from here. I applied on Aug 11.

tsc7

Sep 16, 2020
Here is my PCC timeline:
29-July-2020 - Applied at BLS -Toronto(walk-in)
29-July-2020 - In transit to Consulate
07-Aug-2020 - Police verification initiation email with CAT***
24-Aug-2020 - pcc application needs to be collected from the regional passport office
03-Sep-2020 - In-transit to BLS from the consulate
04-Sep-2020 - Dispatched via Purolator with tracking NO***
06-Sep-2020 - Delivered by Purolator

It is advisable to initiate PCC a little early if you are anticipating ITA.

mashkoor27

Jul 13, 2020
Hi,
We applied for PCC @ BLS on Aug 11, 2020. On the August 20, 2020 we received email from PSK with the cat. number. The current status of the application is PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. I have sent mails to cons.toronto@mea.gov.in but no response. Further the portal4 website shows "no application number found". I don't how to go about it. Further, in India I do not have any family at the address. What can be done?
Hi ..Need one help ..I was living in india in Pune on rent and i had my passport issued from Pune itself which has pune address but i moved to canada last year .My permanent address is lucknow . Which address should i mention for PCC . Please guide ..Thanks

mashkoor27

Jul 13, 2020
Hi ..Need one help ..I was living in india in Pune on rent and i had my passport issued from Pune itself which has pune address , i moved to canada last year .My permanent address is lucknow . Which address should i mention for PCC . Please guide ..Thanks

faizalsha

Aug 22, 2018
Hi ..Need one help ..I was living in india in Pune on rent and i had my passport issued from Pune itself which has pune address , i moved to canada last year .My permanent address is lucknow . Which address should i mention for PCC . Please guide ..Thanks
You have to put the address where the police can go to the address and verify if you or your blood relation is there, so if there is some one in permanent address you can put permanent address, if there is someone living in lucknow address that may be related to you by blood( father brother etc), you can put that address

faizalsha

Aug 22, 2018
Currently you can apply only through BLS. Counsalte walkin is closed for now.
Thank you for replying, I have already applied for PCC on AUG 04 at BLS, My local police verification was done on AUG 17, but upon inquiring with local police they said they are stuck from signing the application as consulate general only sent 1st page of the application and forgot to send/upload the second page of the application which is the page police can sign and send/upload back,

Mails/calls to consolate of toronto, HC ottawa, provided no help, Mails/calls , raising grievance and escalations with regional passport office, delhi immigration passport office and bls website, harvested static mail reply saying your police verification is pending and some no response.

I even walked in on BLS yesterday and they said they can't do anything except to go to consulate general.

After a lot of sleepless nights lot of late night phone calls and thinking, its best if i just create a new application and re-apply,as consulate is too busy for us... with how it goes i might not be able to continue job untill PR, as it got delayed, still I don't want to yell at anyone or be mad!!

Hope at least they process my second application properly.

faizalsha

Aug 22, 2018
if any one waiting past 2 or 3 months, I really recommend do some digging, your application might have been stuck somewhere, if you can fix it, or if you find some one to fix it for you, its good, if not it could go on forever until its fixed.