+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

manjitsingh88

Aug 12, 2020
This was shown till yesterday, today morning it changed to
PCC application has been granted.Police Verification has been initiated. After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance.

then after 3 hours it changed to printed status.

I do not know the meaning, the status are all mixed up.

All the above was form portal4
BLS still shows "

Processing at Consulate General

"
I also got the same status update for me and my wife's PCC application.

ggupta2802

Aug 25, 2020
Lucknow where you have your parents/ relatives to confirm your address.
Also make sure when filling up the form enter the mobile number of your relatives from india, they will be contacted by police.
Did someone got their PCC complete from Passport Office Lucknow? My home town is Kanpur. Police verification was completed on 2nd Sep. Since then no update. Raised a grievance and someone from Lucknow Passport office called and said that the signing authority has been transferred. It will take 2-3 days to move it forward. This was last Friday 11th Sep. Still there are no updates. Tried reaching lucknow RPO through twitter, email, phone but no response.

chpraveen52

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
Here is my PCC timeline:
29-July-2020 - Applied at BLS -Toronto(walk-in)
29-July-2020 - In transit to Consulate
07-Aug-2020 - Police verification initiation email with CAT***
24-Aug-2020 - pcc application needs to be collected from the regional passport office
03-Sep-2020 - In-transit to BLS from the consulate
04-Sep-2020 - Dispatched via Purolator with tracking NO***
06-Sep-2020 - Delivered by Purolator

It is advisable to initiate PCC a little early if you are anticipating ITA.
Yes I agree atleast 45days to 60 days early as possible for PCC

chpraveen52

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
Thank you for the update.

Mine police verification was done on 8th September. Any idea why the status is still showing 'PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.' ? When I can expect a change in status ?
I'm on same boat. My police verification done on September 9th . same status PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.'

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
I have applied PCC on 27th August
still the status is showing as PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.'
Is this expected timeline ? I
got a confirmation email from passport office that CATA file has generated but police verification haven't started yet as nobody came to my home address for a verification.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Just received an email about the initiation of police verification. Thank you for your response, btw! :) Hopefully things now move ahead smoothly with the rest of the process
Hi! Any idea within how many days of status change to “police verification initiated” does the police actually come for verification at home?

thanks

Mayuri18

Sep 12, 2020
Today my PCC application on portal changed from Review to:
PCC application has been granted.Police Verification has been initiated. After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance.

Note : My Police verification was already done at my home on 30 Aug.
There seems to be some error/ delay in the portal.
Did you receive your PCC? Please share date of status update

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
Hope this helps anyone who is planning to goto BLS, Brampton for PCC.

We reached there at 7:222 AM and already there were 19 people standing in line. By the time it was 8 AM there were around 40 odd people waiting. Our turn came around 8:22 AM. We were given 2 tokens but only 1 person per family is allowed inside. When i went inside, there is a reception where they verified my filled up form and checked my passport and work permit. I was then asked to take a seat. After 15 mins, they announced my token number. It was counter 2. The lady there asked me for my form, my passport, photocopy of first and last page of passport, work permit photocopy and canada address proof (photocopy). I informed them that we need my photo clicked. They called in my wife and clicked both our photos. They also asked for the same documents from my wife. For my wife's address proof, they accepted the sin number document that had address on it. Then they made us fill up a return address for document delivery.
They returned all original documents including passports. For 2 applications with photographs clicked, the cost was CAD 181. We were out of BLS by 8:55 AM.
One other thing, the address on my wife's passport was different from the one that she had filled up on the PCC form. They said that it's not going to be an issue.
And they were super helpful.

mashkoor27

Jul 13, 2020
Hi All ,
URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED ..

I am in canada under work permit and planning to submit my docs for PR from Canada under CEC but my wife ( secondary applicant ) is stuck in India and is planning to travel to canada soon .Therefore i am having concern about doing PCC , can she do her PCC from india and once she has the report can she travel to canada and submit rest all documents from here in Canada . Is this ok , i am having concern whether my application doesn't gets rejected . I had planned to do PCC for both of us from Canada only but due to unforeseen circumstance and deadlines for doc submission find this route to be the most quick . Would really appreciate if someone can reply to this thread .

Thanks