Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi,
I appreciate if someone can help me track my PCC application (India PP). I applied at BLS Brampton on Sep 8th and Police verification was done on Sep 14th.

When I check on below site, it says "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/secure/loginAction

When I check here, it says "The status of the entered File Number is not available in the system".
I selected Application type: PAssport/PCC/IC/GEP and File#: my file number that starts with CAT (entered in lower case) and DoB.
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusForFileNoNew

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
I got my ITA on September 2 draw, My husband is a secondary applicant and he has initiated his PCC from India, as he was residing in India. He received his PCC from PSK on Sep 14.

He recently traveled to Canada for the first time on Sep 16 on a work permit visa. My query is,

1) Whether his PCC that is issued from India still valid or he should get PCC via Consulate?

Please help.
I found something about your query on this website. I am not sure if it is applicable in your husband's case. It's better if yoy confirm with an immigration lawyer
https://www.justforcanada.com/common-express-entry-refusal-reasons.html

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Can anyone who has applied recently if they faced issue due to wife's name on the passport. I have it on my passport since it was reissued before coming to Canada but my wife does not and it seems like an utter waste of money getting a new passport for this silly reason

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Hope this helps anyone who is planning to goto BLS, Brampton for PCC.

We reached there at 7:222 AM and already there were 19 people standing in line. By the time it was 8 AM there were around 40 odd people waiting. Our turn came around 8:22 AM. We were given 2 tokens but only 1 person per family is allowed inside. When i went inside, there is a reception where they verified my filled up form and checked my passport and work permit. I was then asked to take a seat. After 15 mins, they announced my token number. It was counter 2. The lady there asked me for my form, my passport, photocopy of first and last page of passport, work permit photocopy and canada address proof (photocopy). I informed them that we need my photo clicked. They called in my wife and clicked both our photos. They also asked for the same documents from my wife. For my wife's address proof, they accepted the sin number document that had address on it. Then they made us fill up a return address for document delivery.
They returned all original documents including passports. For 2 applications with photographs clicked, the cost was CAD 181. We were out of BLS by 8:55 AM.
One other thing, the address on my wife's passport was different from the one that she had filled up on the PCC form. They said that it's not going to be an issue.
And they were super helpful.
They rejected my wife's PCC request saying address on passport must match the PCC address. We now got new passport and applied for PCC on new passport again.

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
My wife has got her passport reissued a week ago and physical police verification was done for that.

Now we have applied for PCC, do you have any idea if police verification will be done again? It just happened 6-7 days back!!
In similar situation. Kindly do share if any updates.

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Can anyone who has applied recently if they faced issue due to wife's name on the passport. I have it on my passport since it was reissued before coming to Canada but my wife does not and it seems like an utter waste of money getting a new passport for this silly reason
Yes, I had to get a tatkaal passport and applied for pcc again

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
At which step was this rejected? By BLS or counsulate or indian police?
My application was sent via Postal services. They made us a fool and rejected at BLS level. Even called their call center twice and they misguided us. Ended up paying 300$ extra for new tatkal passport and 1 month wasted

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
They have initiated a fresh Physical Police Verification
I was really hoping they would just issue the PCC immediately! :(
Well,. thank you for the update, could you kindly share your timeline for the new PCC based on the new passport? In how many days after recieved status changed?

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020
Last edited:

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020
My application was sent via Postal services. They made us a fool and rejected at BLS level. Even called their call center twice and they misguided us. Ended up paying 300$ extra for new tatkal passport and 1 month wasted
The same thing happened to me but they asked me to add the Spouse name in the Passport before initiating PCC, according to new rules by the Consulate.
Could you share how many days it took for you to get your Tatkaal Passport?

Last edited:

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
My Timeline with BLS located in Lawrence Ave E
1. Made an appointment at https://www.blsindia-canada.com/bookappointment.php a week before actual appointment date (Appointment dates are enabled weekly only)
2. Sep 19th
- 9:00 am appointment, reached by public transport (Start - 7:15 am, reached 8:30 am from downtown) - around 15-20 people in queue
- 8:55 am security guard lets you in
- Make sure your name, parents name and address are same as in passport - my first mistake. No more appointment privilege (20 mins)
- Stood in line along with 10 more. Filled my application during this time (9:30 am to 10:00 am)
- Make sure you enter your address details with postal code - my second mistake. Back to the queue (30 mins)
- Again in queue with 15 more. Filled my application again (10:30 am to 11:15 am)
- 3rd time is the charm (15mins). No more queue
3. Sep 21st - Application sent from BLS to Consulate
4. Sep 22nd - Application processing at Consulate
5. Sep 22nd (eve) - Received email from passportindia.gov.in - Police Verification Request has been sent to the police department (CAT**********)
6. Sep 23rd - BLS Website - Processing at Consulate. Passportportal website status - PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.

Reactions: iPunjabi