+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

ashwinvsinha

Aug 12, 2020
But for me police verification done and got update from psk through grivience saying my police verification is clear and contact respective embassy, but still this status is showing “PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
So looks like the same status is before police verification complete and after police verification completed. In old website my status changed to pcc needs to be collected from RPO at Aug 26th after that no update and tracking not working in old website
Which old website are your refering to, can you please share link of that

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
The same thing happened to me but they asked me to add the Spouse name in the Passport before initiating PCC, according to new rules by the Consulate.
Could you share how many days it took for you to get your Tatkaal Passport?
I applied from BLS Bampton
On 4th September 2020, I applied for new passport. I was issued the new passport on 9th September 2020 which I received on 14th September 2020.

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
My application was sent via Postal services. They made us a fool and rejected at BLS level. Even called their call center twice and they misguided us. Ended up paying 300$ extra for new tatkal passport and 1 month wasted
For getting the new indian address on passport, do they accept the address on aadhar card? On website they have mentioned that govt issued document is accepted. So i am hoping that aadhar address is acceptable.

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
For getting the new indian address on passport, do they accept the address on aadhar card? On website they have mentioned that govt issued document is accepted. So i am hoping that aadhar address is acceptable.
Yes it is. We updated Aadhar to the permanent address (fortunately had valid Indian DL). Then for PCC we used Aadhar for Indian address proof and they accepted it fine.

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Hi,
I appreciate if someone can help me track my PCC application (India PP). I applied at BLS Brampton on Sep 8th and Police verification was done on Sep 14th.

When I check on below site, it says "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/secure/loginAction

When I check here, it says "The status of the entered File Number is not available in the system".
I selected Application type: PAssport/PCC/IC/GEP and File#: my file number that starts with CAT (entered in lower case) and DoB.
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusForFileNoNew
Any updates on your PCC status?
For me too it just changed to "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."

They have initiated a fresh Physical Police Verification
What was the status for you when they initiated fresh Police Verification?
Was it "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." or something else?

Aspire4PR

Aug 5, 2020
Couple of questions -

1) If I renew my passport after getting the PCC, do I need to again get the PCC for my new passport ?
2) Can I renew my passport after I submit my PR application ? as all the other documents like - PCC, Medical etc are linked with the old passport number.

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Yes, I had to get a tatkaal passport and applied for pcc again
This is so damn stupid. I checked the BLS website, and the instructions have been updated for Vancouver and Toronto but not Ottawa. This is on the checklist.

My application was sent via Postal services. They made us a fool and rejected at BLS level. Even called their call center twice and they misguided us. Ended up paying 300$ extra for new tatkal passport and 1 month wasted
I am worried about this too since my passport has a address from a different city where I was working since I got it reissued just before coming to Canada

Ram27

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Dear Experts!

Can I submit PCC application for myself and my wife together ? or She needs to be physically present and submit in person for each of us?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Dear Experts!

Can I submit PCC application for myself and my wife together ? or She needs to be physically present and submit in person for each of us?
You can submit on her behalf!

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Any updates on your PCC status?
For me too it just changed to "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."

What was the status for you when they initiated fresh Police Verification?
Was it "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." or something else?
It' still the same status on portal4 and unable to locate it on portal1.

Jun 17, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
17-10-2020
My Timeline:
Aug 22: PCC Application BLS Brampton, walk-in
Aug 30: Local Police in India contacted my family in India
Aug 31: Character Certificates submitted by my family to the Police Station
Sep 18: PCC has been Printed
Sep 23: Shipped through Purolator, expecting delivery tomorrow!

manjitsingh88

Aug 12, 2020
My Timeline:
Aug 14: PCC Application BLS Brampton, Postal
Aug 21: PCC Application Reached CGI Toronto
Sep 5: Police verification Initiated
Sep 6: Local Police conducted verification
Sep 23: Shipped through Purolator, expecting delivery tomorrow!, Got my wife's PCC today.

ashwinvsinha

Aug 12, 2020
My Timeline:
Aug 22: PCC Application BLS Brampton, walk-in
Aug 30: Local Police in India contacted my family in India
Aug 31: Character Certificates submitted by my family to the Police Station
Sep 23: Shipped through Purolator, expecting delivery tomorrow!
which place is your address verified, was it done by Mumbai Police or some other place, because mine also police verification already done by them, but no update in tracking it still says "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"