+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Jun 17, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
17-10-2020
which place is your address verified, was it done by Mumbai Police or some other place, because mine also police verification already done by them, but no update in tracking it still says "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"
Yeah mine stayed in that status for a week and a half too after the verification. It was not in Mumbai.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Got my passport in 1 months and 10 days end to end. Walkin at BLS brampton.

Reddy2770

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hello all,

Below is my timeline:

26/08/20 walkin application
27/08/20 In Transit to Consulate
No update hereafter
04/09/20 Police verification initiated and completed same day
21/09/20 PCC has been printed
23/09/20 Ready for dispatch/pick-up by purolator
24/09/20 Picked up by Purolator
waiting for delivery, mostly by tomorrow morning I'm thinking

Status checked in both Portal4 and BLS Tracking.

four weeks to complete the process.

Aspire4PR

Aug 5, 2020
Couple of questions -

1) If I renew my passport after getting the PCC, do I need to again get the PCC for my new passport ?
2) Can I renew my passport after I submit my PR application ? as all the other documents like - PCC, Medical etc are linked with the old passport number.
Any Idea anyone ? My passport is going to expire in 8 months, so can I renew my passport after I submit my PR application ?

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Any Idea anyone ? My passport is going to expire in 8 months, so can I renew my passport after I submit my PR application ?
As per process, your PCC is issued against your Passport Number.

1. If you have not submitted your PR application yet, the PCC kind of becomes invalid as you are submitting the PCC on old Passport # and then you renewed passport.
2. If you send your current PCC and current Passport and if while making decision your passport is valid for less than 6 months. They will ask you to apply for new passport and send the scans/prints. (My wife's passport was requested for the same scenario)

If you have time, try not to complicate/delay your case. It certainly will be extra effort and money but worth your peace of mind.
If I were you, I would apply for new passport (in tatkaal) if you are in hurry. And then apply for the PCC on that new passport#. Only then submit your PR Application.

Reactions: Aspire4PR

Aspire4PR

Aug 5, 2020
As per process, your PCC is issued against your Passport Number.

1. If you have not submitted your PR application yet, the PCC kind of becomes invalid as you are submitting the PCC on old Passport # and then you renewed passport.
2. If you send your current PCC and current Passport and if while making decision your passport is valid for less than 6 months. They will ask you to apply for new passport and send the scans/prints. (My wife's passport was requested for the same scenario)

If you have time, try not to complicate/delay your case. It certainly will be extra effort and money but worth your peace of mind.
If I were you, I would apply for new passport (in tatkaal) if you are in hurry. And then apply for the PCC on that new passport#. Only then submit your PR Application.
Thank you for your response. Actually I do not have much time to renew my passport and then again request for PCC. I just got my PCC and planning to submit my PR application soon.

Based on your point 2 : If I submit my application with my current passport ( valid for 8 months more ) now. Later they'll ask me to renew my passport, in that case I do not need to do fresh PCC ?
In that case, I'll renew my passport after I submit PR application and provide them scan copy later. Is it a good idea ?

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Thank you for your response. Actually I do not have much time to renew my passport and then again request for PCC. I just got my PCC and planning to submit my PR application soon.

Based on your point 2 : If I submit my application with my current passport ( valid for 8 months more ) now. Later they'll ask me to renew my passport, in that case I do not need to do fresh PCC ?
In that case, I'll renew my passport after I submit PR application and provide them scan copy later. Is it a good idea ?
For us they just asked us to get the new passport. But we proactively also got the new PCC done for the new passport. But it should be fine. If they do need new PCC they will ask you.

Aspire4PR

Aug 5, 2020
For us they just asked us to get the new passport. But we proactively also got the new PCC done for the new passport. But it should be fine. If they do need new PCC they will ask you.
Thanks a lot.
Honestly I want to bypass this whole PCC process again. It is very frustrating and time taking. When did you submitted your PR application ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks a lot.
Honestly I want to bypass this whole PCC process again. It is very frustrating and time taking. When did you submitted your PR application ?
Well if you renew your passport and pcc has old passport number it’s doesn’t effect anything. You can upload or have to upload old passport copy with new one . You can write letter of explanation. I don’t think so it’s issue. Do u already have pcc issued?

Aspire4PR

Aug 5, 2020
Well if you renew your passport and pcc has old passport number it’s doesn’t effect anything. You can upload or have to upload old passport copy with new one . You can write letter of explanation. I don’t think so it’s issue. Do u already have pcc issued?
Yes, I got my PCC. What I am thinking is -
1) Submit application.
2) apply for new passport
3) inform them about my new passport . This part I am not sure how to do it . Is there any way ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yes, I got my PCC. What I am thinking is -
1) Submit application.
2) apply for new passport
3) inform them about my new passport . This part I am not sure how to do it . Is there any way ?
I think you should submit application with pcc and old passport and later when your application is in process you can renew takkal passport and send it through webform. This will be best option as it doesn’t affect anything neither your processing too. When you get new passport scan and upload new passport with help of web form. It’s better to submit application and then renew passport later as you only have limited time for application.

Aspire4PR

Aug 5, 2020
I think you should submit application with pcc and old passport and later when your application is in process you can renew takkal passport and send it through webform. This will be best option as it doesn’t affect anything neither your processing too. When you get new passport scan and upload new passport with help of web form. It’s better to submit application and then renew passport later as you only have limited time for application.
Thanks a lot !!!

Sep 24, 2020
If you paid for the drop off they will deliver it to you don’t worry and I think in this forum no body went to office and collected it ..! So it’s not possible that’s what am thinking
Hey, i had sent my postal application from purolator office as the pick up and drop off service link was not working on BLS website. I sent a prepaid envelop with my cc details for the return document. On bls otal my status shows as ready for collection, any idea what that means as am ready every gt ready for dispatch as status.

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
**URGENT

I have applied my PCC 1 month back, 27th August application delivered to BLS. I got email update from passport Seva with my 'CAT' # generated.

However the police verification haven't started yet and my file is still showing as "processing at consulate general"

Any other way to contact or speed up the process ?

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
**URGENT

I have applied my PCC 1 month back, 27th August application delivered to BLS. I got email update from passport Seva with my 'CAT' # generated.

However the police verification haven't started yet and my file is still showing as "processing at consulate general"

Any other way to contact or speed up the process ?
Contact your local police station then SP office and then RPO.