+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

srinianurag90

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi Folks, PCC verification email was initiated on 19 Sep 2020 and no verification has been done at home till date. But when I had called the local police officer, he says file has been cleared without visiting my address. Does that happen and is it normal? What do I do next to confirm the same? Please help...

AkshayG

Sep 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

Could you please share Police Verification experience? What are the documents the Police station is asking to summit?

Thanks.

faizalsha

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hi, I applied for PCC on 4th AUG after lot of enquiries my status changed today 29th sep to "PCC application has been granted. Police Verification has been initiated. After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance"
But my local police verification was done on 17th Aug does this mean police did not submit the report, please any one reply me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Not sure if this is going to help someone but here's my experience.

24th aug - sent application via purolator
25th aug - application reached at BLS brampton
3st sept - application reached at CGI
10th sept - police verification email received
17th sept - police verification done
I was still not able to track the application from Portal1(note: used both cat and CAT). I can login and track it on portal4
status at that time: Application is in review at embassy/Consulate.

During all these, my father was following up from local police station and SP police station. He tried to contact RPO but they were keep saying "System is done. Everything is ok".

22nd sept - I raised grievance from portal1

28th sept - My father got tired from RPO answer on phone and decided to do personal visit. Now, these days RPO is not allowing any person without appointment. Not even for inquiry. Luckily my father got in contact of Lady who works as an assistant. My father asked her if she can help. She took all my info ARN, CAT and passport number also status which was in portal4 and went to some senior person's office. She came back in 10 minutes and told my father that everything is done from here. My father asked her to get the date/time of uploaded of all the documents. She went back and came in 10 minutes. She was keep saying everything was ok. She didn't get the date/time.

I asked my father to come back as he is 67 years old and I don't want him to go in current situation. On the very day. my status changed to
PCC application has been granted. Police Verification has been initiated. After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance.

On the same day, i received response of my grievance saying that they have received clear report from local police station.

My assumption: They forgot or got lazy or didn't know how to upload the document and when my father went there in person they started looking into this matter. Hopefully they will upload tomorrow.

Details about my RPO and Police station:
RPO Surat
SP Surat Rural
Mahuva Police station

Keep following guys.
Status changed today to:

Police Clearance Certificate has been printed.

Keep following guys... that's the key here.

sri_pri

Sep 16, 2020
Hi, Can anyone help me understand here. I have applied for re-issue of passport tatkal for spouse name addition. Got the police verification mail and police verification was done on same day. After receiving new passport I applied for PCC. Status in porta4 shows as "under review at Indian embassy". I am confused here will there be a second police verification? I have not received any mail saying police verification has been initiated for PCC. I cant track anything on portal1.
1. Can someone clarify if there is going to be second police verification?
2. How do I track where my PCC is stuck? Called local police and he said he has done it from his end for first time but did not receive second request.
3. Two cat numbers generated(one for passport one for pcc) but cant track anything. Any other way where I can track it?
4. How to contact Indian embassy(not cgi).

dhbdhba

Dec 8, 2019
I applied PCC at BLS (walk-in) on Aug 26. Police verification was completed on Sept 18. So far on portal4 the status showed: "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate". Today the status changed to: "PCC application has been granted. Police Verification has been initiated. After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance." Anybody knows what this indicate?

faizalsha

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
I applied PCC at BLS (walk-in) on Aug 26. Police verification was completed on Sept 18. So far on portal4 the status showed: "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate". Today the status changed to: "PCC application has been granted. Police Verification has been initiated. After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance." Anybody knows what this indicate?
it changed to PCC has been printed in 24 hours after that status change, hopefully it does the same for you

faizalsha

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
Hi Guys,

Could you please share Police Verification experience? What are the documents the Police station is asking to summit?

Thanks.
In our case my passport had the same address that i had mentioned in the pcc document which is our house. In my wife's case, her passport address was different than what she had mentioned in the pcc document.
So police asked my relative to submit our marriage certificate and electricity bill of our house in india which had my wife's name on it.

Sep 30, 2020
Hello - My name is Shiladitya Chatterjee and I am currently residing in Canada . I have generated my PCC which I will be requiring for my PR application . I spoke to my local police station and local passport office last Thursday and they have confirmed that they have forwarded my file with the clearance to the higher passport office .

Can you kindly let me know where I can check the status of my application or can anyone from your team reply me with the status ?

It would be really helpful if you can provide me the information or redirect me to the right team who can do the needful as I have only 2 weeks of time in my hand to submit my PR application , or otherwise it will be rejected.

I tried to track my application from the below to urls with my case number , but it says that the particular case is not available in the system.

URLs:

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

Can you kindly let me know what shall I do now as I am in a very troublesome situation where I have only 14 days in my hand to submit my PR application?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

gagansekhon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi, Can anyone help me understand here. I have applied for re-issue of passport tatkal for spouse name addition. Got the police verification mail and police verification was done on same day. After receiving new passport I applied for PCC. Status in porta4 shows as "under review at Indian embassy". I am confused here will there be a second police verification? I have not received any mail saying police verification has been initiated for PCC. I cant track anything on portal1.
1. Can someone clarify if there is going to be second police verification?
2. How do I track where my PCC is stuck? Called local police and he said he has done it from his end for first time but did not receive second request.
3. Two cat numbers generated(one for passport one for pcc) but cant track anything. Any other way where I can track it?
4. How to contact Indian embassy(not cgi).
Hii there,
Can you please tell me something becuase I am stuck somewhere in between
1. When you applied for addition of spouse name,police verification happened in Indi at local police station??
2. In how many days did you got your new passport back?

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
Hello - My name is Shiladitya Chatterjee and I am currently residing in Canada . I have generated my PCC which I will be requiring for my PR application . I spoke to my local police station and local passport office last Thursday and they have confirmed that they have forwarded my file with the clearance to the higher passport office .

Can you kindly let me know where I can check the status of my application or can anyone from your team reply me with the status ?

It would be really helpful if you can provide me the information or redirect me to the right team who can do the needful as I have only 2 weeks of time in my hand to submit my PR application , or otherwise it will be rejected.

I tried to track my application from the below to urls with my case number , but it says that the particular case is not available in the system.

URLs:

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

Can you kindly let me know what shall I do now as I am in a very troublesome situation where I have only 14 days in my hand to submit my PR application?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.
Try on this link. This is the consulate website of canada. The application tracker is on bottom right hand side
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

Sep 30, 2020
Try on this link. This is the consulate website of canada. The application tracker is on bottom right hand side
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
This is not giving me the status of the application in the regional PSK . The regional PSK (i.e portal 1 and portal 2) is telling that they don't have any details of my case number in their system . However , If I check in the portal4 it tells me that "PCC application has been granted.Police Verification has been initiated. After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance."
Can anyone kindly help me with a way that I can track the application in the regional PSK portal itself?