+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

flower098

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Mishka said:
Thanks for the link! :) very helpful since I am planning to apply for FSW this month..
Hi I am interested in appling this time. How many days it takes for the packet to reach Nova Scotia. How to overcome the postal strike and ensure that the packet reaches on time.....also which postal service to use... friends please help....

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
flower098 said:
Hi I am interested in appling this time. How many days it takes for the packet to reach Nova Scotia. How to overcome the postal strike and ensure that the packet reaches on time.....also which postal service to use... friends please help....
It should reach Nova Scotia in a weeks time. The courier service should not be affected.

flower098

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
What is the address to send the documents to CIO Sydney. Is cover note required?What is the sequence in which the documents have to be sent?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
flower098 said:
What is the address to send the documents to CIO Sydney. Is cover note required?What is the sequence in which the documents have to be sent?
CIO's postal dept. is on strike...so you must use their courier address:

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
Attn.: SW1 - NOC # _ _ _ _ (you must write your NOC code here)
196 George Street Sydney, NS
B1P 1J3
Canada

Cover letter is not mandatory, but it's always better to include it if you want to highlight any specific info..
sequence: Cover letter(if any)- CIO document checklist- doc/forms mentioned in CIO document checklist- VO checklist- Docs mentioned in VO checklist...
good luck

Dr.Hasib

m.faisal

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
hi,

it is better to send application packet via courier company nd its reaches in 3 to 4 days.
The courier companies are TNT, UPS, Fed Ex, Tcs. TNT nd UPS are little cheap but the delivery time is almost same to Nova scotia.

Wish u good luck.

flower098

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Thanks a lot Dr. Hasib.
I have copule of more questions:

1. Do we need to have the reference letter in the current date. For example - I left one organisation in 2006 and I have the letter from the HR with job duties at the time of leaving the company i.e dated 2006. Will it owrk or do I need to get a fresh one made.
2. Can the reference letter signed by the HR executive or it needs to be signed by some senior person.
3. The person who had given me the letter is not in the company any more, so will it impact my application.
4. Do I need to put all the documents in a file and then courier it?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
flower098 said:
Thanks a lot Dr. Hasib.
I have copule of more questions:

1. Do we need to have the reference letter in the current date. For example - I left one organisation in 2006 and I have the letter from the HR with job duties at the time of leaving the company i.e dated 2006. Will it owrk or do I need to get a fresh one made.
2. Can the reference letter signed by the HR executive or it needs to be signed by some senior person.
3. The person who had given me the letter is not in the company any more, so will it impact my application.
4. Do I need to put all the documents in a file and then courier it?
1. for previous employment, no need to get an updated ref letter....but remember one thing: " duties mentioned in the exp certificates must match with the duties mentioned in NOC website, otherwise you will get NER "

2. If HR executive holds senior post than yours than it's ok..you cant get a ref letter from someone who's post is similar to yours / colleagues
3. u must know, besides ref letter, you also need to send a visiting card of your refree..so it's better to get it from someone who is currently present at your office.
4. Put the completed forms, supporting documents required by the CIO and fee payment in a 23 cm x 30.5 cm (9″ x 12″) envelope.
On the envelope, list the NOC codes in the order of preference according to question 12 of the Schedule 3 — Economic Classes — Federal Skill Workers form.....then courier it

regards,
Dr.Hasib

flower098

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the response. Is it mandatory to send the visiting card of the signing person? I don not have the visisting card as its now 5 years that I have left the company. Also I tried to get a fresh reference letter but the company is refusing to give it now. Pls advice

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
flower098 said:
Thanks a lot for the response. Is it mandatory to send the visiting card of the signing person? I don not have the visisting card as its now 5 years that I have left the company. Also I tried to get a fresh reference letter but the company is refusing to give it now. Pls advice
i think it's ok if you dont send the visiting card of the signing person of your previous employment..but for current employment, you should send it

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
Hi everybody,

After long time I am writing here.
I sent my documents n application form on 25th may n it was received on 1st june.
No response from them yet. For how long do I have to wait?

Regards,
kg

Jun 14, 2011
string11 said:
yes ur application will be rejected if the transcripts in sealed envelopes r not submitted.
don't do the mistake knowing the consequences, u will be losing time and money and will have a stressful period, just my suggestion of few words,

I also have Matric,F.Sc, B.Sc and M.sc. I only sent M.Sc transcript in sealed envalope dully attested from University examiniation section.

would that make through or i need to send all the transcripts in the same manner.

plz guide.

ZCM

surenpal

Jan 31, 2011
New Delhi- India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
IELTS Request
Original sent to CIO
Currently CIO is sending PER email in 25-35 days. During these day keep checking your email inbox as well as spam box.

All the best.

Surendra Pal

kg_bang said:
Hi everybody,

After long time I am writing here.
I sent my documents n application form on 25th may n it was received on 1st june.
No response from them yet. For how long do I have to wait?

Regards,
kg

sh_humayun

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
08-02-2013
surenpal said:
Currently CIO is sending PER email in 25-35 days. During these day keep checking your email inbox as well as spam box.

All the best.

Surendra Pal
PLease give the reference

1-2-b-come

Mar 24, 2011
Hi there! I have one concern...

Photo specs say clearly that the face needs to be 25mm-30mm from chin to crown. The photographer printed photos for me and my family with 31mm :eek: !!! Is it acceptable, or needs to be done again??

And.. one more question, my company's template for letters of confirmation do not include job responsibilities; but I attached it separately. Is it OK? Also no business card available at the moment; but full address with phone/fax numbers is there available in the letter. Is that OK?

Thanx!