+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm seeing a lot of questions going around about the new checklist and what documents to send to the CIO.

As I read the new information, it seems that with the changes made on June 26, you now need to submit ALL the documents to the CIO, including everything requested in the specific visa office checklist for the visa office you select with your initial application. [NOTE: this does NOT apply to people who submitted their applications to the CIO before June 26, 2010] Take a look at the application instructions and the Backgrounder:

The instructions say:
"Make sure to consult the document checklist (IMM 5612) and the Visa Office specific requirements (supporting documents) for your country at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp to determine what documents you will need to provide. If you are not prepared to submit full documentation to the CIO do not apply now. If you do not submit a complete application with the supporting documents, your application will be returned to you."

The backgrounder explains the change
"9. Why are you eliminating the simplified application?

Since we changed to the simplified application we've noticed a significantly higher number of applicants withdraw when asked for their supporting documents, or full application. By eliminating the simplified application and asking for all the documentation at once, we will make processing more efficient. Eliminating the simplified application shaves 120 days off the total processing time, because this is the time we allowed applicants to send in their supporting documents."
(from "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-06-26c.asp")

Many people are specifically asking about IELTS and PCC - and yes! you need to include them. Now

1) EVERY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT must submit the language test results (even if your native language in English or French) for an accredited test (currently IELTS and CELPIP for English and TEF for French) with their application (to the CIO)

2) PCC's must be submitted for EVERY APPLICANT (principal applicant, spouse, conjugal partner, children over a certain age depending on each country - usually 18 but sometimes 16) for every country you have lived in for 6 months or more since you were 16 or 18 years old. Note also that these must be in English or French or translated by an accredited translator.

I know this seems to be a big change, but don't despair. What you need to send hasn't changed ... you just need to send it all at once. Think positive - you no longer have to wait until you get AOR from CIO and therefore this process should be faster and this way you can make sure you have everything in time (there's been many posts before from people who are looking to get extensions from 120 days which will no longer be necessary). Good luck to everyone! If you have questions, post and search the forum ... there's lots of people who are very helpful here!

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
thx 4 ur information actually i am concerned abt couple of things.

one is about 1122 catagory says two types of experiences management and advertising..i have advertising one can i qualify ...

also..i have police clearances from australia and ireland as soon as i left the countries will they be ok to send to CIO as they are three months old.. but i never been to those countries..after getting the police clearnces.

kindly..assisst me...
cheers
mrshah

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

OhCanadiana said:
I'm seeing a lot of questions going around about the new checklist and what documents to send to the CIO.

As I read the new information, it seems that with the changes made on June 26, you now need to submit ALL the documents to the CIO, including everything requested in the specific visa office checklist for the visa office you select with your initial application. [NOTE: this does NOT apply to people who submitted their applications to the CIO before June 26, 2010] Take a look at the application instructions and the Backgrounder:

The instructions say:
"Make sure to consult the document checklist (IMM 5612) and the Visa Office specific requirements (supporting documents) for your country at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp to determine what documents you will need to provide. If you are not prepared to submit full documentation to the CIO do not apply now. If you do not submit a complete application with the supporting documents, your application will be returned to you."

The backgrounder explains the change
"9. Why are you eliminating the simplified application?

Since we changed to the simplified application we've noticed a significantly higher number of applicants withdraw when asked for their supporting documents, or full application. By eliminating the simplified application and asking for all the documentation at once, we will make processing more efficient. Eliminating the simplified application shaves 120 days off the total processing time, because this is the time we allowed applicants to send in their supporting documents."
(from "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-06-26c.asp")

Many people are specifically asking about IELTS and PCC - and yes! you need to include them. Now

1) EVERY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT must submit the language test results (even if your native language in English or French) for an accredited test (currently IELTS and CELPIP for English and TEF for French) with their application (to the CIO)

2) PCC's must be submitted for EVERY APPLICANT (principal applicant, spouse, conjugal partner, children over a certain age depending on each country - usually 18 but sometimes 16) for every country you have lived in for 6 months or more since you were 16 or 18 years old. Note also that these must be in English or French or translated by an accredited translator.

I know this seems to be a big change, but don't despair. What you need to send hasn't changed ... you just need to send it all at once. Think positive - you no longer have to wait until you get AOR from CIO and therefore this process should be faster and this way you can make sure you have everything in time (there's been many posts before from people who are looking to get extensions from 120 days which will no longer be necessary). Good luck to everyone! If you have questions, post and search the forum ... there's lots of people who are very helpful here!
1. Go back and re-read the instructions on the document checklist for CIO Sydney. Note that the documents required on the Visa processing office are COPIES not the originals. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF No.12 it says COPY
c

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PMM
do we have send notarized photocopies of the documents or simple photocopy of docs
Hi

1. Go back and re-read the instructions on the document checklist for CIO Sydney. Note that the documents required on the Visa processing office are COPIES not the originals. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF No.12 it says COPY
c
[/quote]

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ali786leo said:
Hi PMM
do we have send notarized photocopies of the documents or simple photocopy of docs
Hi

c
It appears just copies for the documents on the Visa Office Specific Checklist for CIO Sydney.

cutemedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Peshawar,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have to send all supporting documents also like Degrees copies, Bank statement, Police certificate etc etc also along with our initial forms to CIO Sydney Canada ?

Blaze

Jul 5, 2009
Based on the documents checlist for visa office state that need Original, Police clearance and POF.

but when you submmit to CIO it will become Copy only, Im Right?

Please clarify?

Thanks

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

c

Hi, PMM!

Not sure where the confusion is ... I didn't say the documents had to be originals. I simply brought up a major change in the documents that are required to be submitted to the CIO under the new instructions for applicants post-June 26.

Ultimately, I think we're all just trying to understand the new rules and help each other out here.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutemedo said:
Do we have to send all supporting documents also like Degrees copies, Bank statement, Police certificate etc etc also along with our initial forms to CIO Sydney Canada ?

If I were submitting an initial application now, I’d follow the instructions in the visa specific office checklist for what documents are required and submit them ALL with my initial application to the CIO.

The checklist is ambiguous and can be read in multiple ways, but given the consistency in all the other documents and instructions the intent seems clear (at least to me). And, frankly, given the 1000 applications per NOC cap now in place, the stakes of getting it wrong can be pretty big: if it takes too long for you to find out you got it wrong and the cap has been reached, you’ll have to wait a year to reapply and be subject to any changes in the rules within that time.

That all being said, I’m not an expert and formed my perspective from reading the links I’ve shared in my original post (and the one below). Everyone needs to take their own decisions and do what they think is best in their specific case. What I would do is based on the links I originally provided and other instructions which to me are very clear including:
3. Supporting documents
The additional documents requested in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific forms, are required when you submit your application to the CIO.
“ (from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp)

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

It's good to prepare full documents before sending initial documents to CIO.

It will help for fast processing for the file.

But what about Proof of Fund. It is must to send POF at the time of initial application.

What is total processing time after 26th June?

It is difficult to invest Funds for 6 to 8 months till we get the decision.

rely

Star Member
Mar 3, 2006
India
Final Check list for CIO

Check list from my side:ANY COMMENTS PLEASE.
1.IMM0008
2.Sch1.
3.Sch3.
4.Additional Family Information.
5.Fee payment form.
6.Photocopy of passports bio data page (principal applicant).
7.IELTS Original.
8.Fee payment in Canadian funds $550 favoring "Receiver General for Canada".
CIO Document Check list.

ALL ABOVE ARE ORIGINAL except 6.

Other documents:Visa specific.(New Delhi) as per Q12. of CIO.
1.New Delhi document check list.
2.Birth certificate photocopy.
3.Photocopies of ALL PAGES of passport.
4.Photocopies degree and post degree certificates.
5.Original Transcripts of degree and post degree.It is sealed.
6.NOTARIZED Professional certificate eg Chartered accountant certificate,.
7.NOTARIZED appointment letter,confirmation letter, promotion letter,salary slips,resignation letter,appreciation letters from current and previous companies.Only few salary slips selected.
8.ORIGINAL letter from employer explaining duties.His business card .Its on company letter head stamped and signed by him.It gives position,date of joining, gross and net salary.
9.Photocopy of funds available .Bank statements provided original because it is easily available from bank.fixed deposits can be photocopies but take a letter from bank manager explaining fixed deposit positions.This letter can be original.
10.ORIGINAL POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE.Not photocopies???.
11.6 Photos as per instructions.

NO COVER LETTER REQUIRED.

Not sure Why New Delhi check list says to mail all these documents to NEW Delhi visa office.CIO says to mail all these to CIO.Will visa office will ask again???

ENVELOPE:(BY COURIER)
Addressed to :
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
Attn.:SW1:NOC#
PO BOX7500
Sydney,NSB1P0A9