+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

Sarveswara

Jun 23, 2010
Hello
Need information about getting PCC from India (specifically Hyderabad). The Andra pradesh police website mentions that a letter is needed or some kind of acknowledgment to prove that I need the PCC for Canadian Immigration.
In the past, the AOR served this purpose. How are applicants submitting their application after Jun 26 getting their PCC from India (specifically Hyderabad).

Thank you
Kumar

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sarveswara said:
Hello
Need information about getting PCC from India (specifically Hyderabad). The Andra pradesh police website mentions that a letter is needed or some kind of acknowledgment to prove that I need the PCC for Canadian Immigration.
In the past, the AOR served this purpose. How are applicants submitting their application after Jun 26 getting their PCC from India (specifically Hyderabad).

Thank you
Kumar
If you require from India, you may approach regional passport office and get this certificate in a day or so. fee may be INR 300.

LOGICSOFTS

Jul 10, 2010
hey guys..i have a small issue,

i am planning to apply in oct this year under Fed. skilled and expecting my little baby angel in nov... so what should i mention in the form??? and should i pay the fees or not for my baby??

thanks in advance

manjbal

Jul 9, 2010
Hi ,

I am having one year experience in canada.

i am on work Permit.

could please help whether i am able to qualify to apply Canadian Experience class or Skilled worker class?

currently i am working as a supplemental employee ? whether it counts as Experience?

Please help me its urgent.

Thanks,
Manjbal

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOGICSOFTS said:
hey guys..i have a small issue,

i am planning to apply in oct this year under Fed. skilled and expecting my little baby angel in nov... so what should i mention in the form??? and should i pay the fees or not for my baby??

thanks in advance
if documents are ready you should apply now. No one knows when would 1000 number per NOC Cap would be over

You may add baby later on or inform them once you have the details

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
This is my first time to post, and also my first time to apply to Canada.
Upon reviewing the new process on how documents should be sent, both for CIO and Visa-Office Specific (Philippines), here is how I plan to arrange it:

1. Attached envelope (1 for each family member) with 6 photos
2. IMM5612E (CIO Document Checklist) - (Original)
3. IMM 0008 - Generic (principal only, Original) - Will not attach any photo, principal and family members. Is this correct?
4. IMM 0008 - Schedule 1 - Principal, Spouse, then child. (Original)
5. IMM 0008 - Schedule 3 - Principal (Original)
6. IMM 5406 - Principal, Spouse, then child.
7. (no IMM 5476, since we will be filing on our own)
8. IMM 5620 - Fee Payment Form
9. Passport bio data page (principal only, and photocopy only)
10. 1 paper with printed mailing label (we don't have an address specific for Philippine language, it's usually in english)
11. IELTS Test Results

Looking at the CIO Document Checklist, what is the difference for #6 (IMM 5620 - Fee Payment Form) and #11 (Fee Payment) ? Are this two different?

Here comes the tricky part for me...

12. Visa Office Document Checklist (Appendix A)
13. IMM 0008 - Generic - Copy
14. IMM 0008 - Schedule 1 - Copy
15. IMM 0008 - Schedule 3 - Copy
16. IMM 5406 - Copy
17. Marriage Certificate (Copy) - Should this be Certified True Copy? Can I send Original so I don't need to have it notarized?
18. Child Birth Certificate (Copy) - Same question as #17. My child is only 1 year old.
19. Passport Bio Data Page (copy) - For Principal, Spouse and Child. - The CIO passport requirement is only for principal. For the visa office, it's for each family member?
20. Diploma and Transcript of Records (Copies and Certified True Copy) - Principal and Spouse
21. Employment Contracts (Copy) - Should this be Certified True Copy?
22. Employment Certificates (Original)
23. IELTS (Copy) - Should this be in here? Since the original is in the CIO document checklist.
24. Proof of Funds
25. Police Certificates (Original) - Principal, Spouse and Child

All of these, Steps 1-25, goes in to only one large envelope.

Whew. That was a long one. Is this correct? Specially Step 13 - 16?

Kindly advice. Thank you.

kingofswing

Jul 13, 2010
Dr.Hasib said:
Punjabi,
let me explain it to u. when we will send our all documents to CIO we have to mainitain following order:
1. Document checklist of CIO(it is the cover page)
2. Application forms
3. Passport pages
4. Original GT IELTS result
5. Visa office document checklist(it will be the cover page of the additional documents requested by visa office)
6. Documents requested by visa office
So, Document checklist of CIO is the main cover page & Visa office document checklist is the cover page of the additional documents requested by the visa office.
Hey there, looking at this Canada Gazette > Part I: Notices and Proposed Regulations > 2010-06-26 on canadagazette dot gc dot ca, A Canadian Official site, there is no mention of sending all the Dox ( including PCC , Prrof of funds, Academics, Work Ex etc ) .

Only ITELTS score is required .

Request you to please give your opinion on this .
Best

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingofswing said:
Hey there, looking at this Canada Gazette > Part I: Notices and Proposed Regulations > 2010-06-26 on canadagazette dot gc dot ca, A Canadian Official site, there is no mention of sending all the Dox ( including PCC , Prrof of funds, Academics, Work Ex etc ) .

Only ITELTS score is required .

Request you to please give your opinion on this .

Best
Read this from IMM5612

Other documents (to be submitted by all applicants)

Visa office specific document checklist for the visa office that serves:
· your country of nationality; or · the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

The last sentence contradicts whatever written above but strongly feel that under FSW all documents have to be submitted in 1 go to CIO directly.

Submit only the documents requested on this checklist.

~Hope this helps

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
How can I get the Police certificate

Huy, how can i get the police certificate from pakistan. when i went to get the certificate they told me to bring some sort of acknowledgement from visa office canada.

Sarveswara

Jun 23, 2010
Yes I have the same problem.. in India though :(
They insist on getting some kind of acknowlgement. But they dont understand that the rules have changed and we have to submit all documents including PCC .
How are people applying from India after June 26th getting their PCC.
You can get it from regional passport office but from what I understand there are two problems
(a) you have to submit the original passport to Regional Passport office. You are not sure until you get it in India
(b) they stamp on the passport (may be something like PCC issued or something like t hat) but Canada visa officials requires orginal pcc certificate.
How are people in similar situations handling it. Please help.

Kumar

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sarveswara said:
Yes I have the same problem.. in India though :(
They insist on getting some kind of acknowlgement. But they dont understand that the rules have changed and we have to submit all documents including PCC .
How are people applying from India after June 26th getting their PCC.
You can get it from regional passport office but from what I understand there are two problems
(a) you have to submit the original passport to Regional Passport office. You are not sure until you get it in India
(b) they stamp on the passport (may be something like PCC issued or something like t hat) but Canada visa officials requires orginal pcc certificate.
How are people in similar situations handling it. Please help.

Kumar

if you are from Delhi they would return your passport in same day evening. yes they put a stam on passport but it does not matter to you. The PCC is issued same day. Quite easy process

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
blueray333 said:
This is my first time to post, and also my first time to apply to Canada.
Upon reviewing the new process on how documents should be sent, both for CIO and Visa-Office Specific (Philippines), here is how I plan to arrange it:

3. IMM 0008 - Generic (principal only, Original) - Will not attach any photo, principal and family members. Is this correct?
10. 1 paper with printed mailing label (we don't have an address specific for Philippine language, it's usually in english)
11. IELTS Test Results

Looking at the CIO Document Checklist, what is the difference for #6 (IMM 5620 - Fee Payment Form) and #11 (Fee Payment) ? Are this two different?

13. IMM 0008 - Generic - Copy
14. IMM 0008 - Schedule 1 - Copy
15. IMM 0008 - Schedule 3 - Copy
16. IMM 5406 - Copy
17. Marriage Certificate (Copy) - Should this be Certified True Copy? Can I send Original so I don't need to have it notarized?
18. Child Birth Certificate (Copy) - Same question as #17. My child is only 1 year old.
19. Passport Bio Data Page (copy) - For Principal, Spouse and Child. - The CIO passport requirement is only for principal. For the visa office, it's for each family member?
20. Diploma and Transcript of Records (Copies and Certified True Copy) - Principal and Spouse
21. Employment Contracts (Copy) - Should this be Certified True Copy?
23. IELTS (Copy) - Should this be in here? Since the original is in the CIO document checklist.
24. Proof of Funds
25. Police Certificates (Original) - Principal, Spouse and Child

All of these, Steps 1-25, goes in to only one large envelope.

Whew. That was a long one. Is this correct? Specially Step 13 - 16?

Kindly advice. Thank you.
U made few mistakes. U should assemble your documents as listed below.
11. IELTS Test Results(Original copy)

Well, #11 is the bank draft itself.

13. IMM 0008 - Generic – Don’t have to submit this form again
14. IMM 0008 - Schedule 1 - Don’t have to submit this form again
15. IMM 0008 - Schedule 3 - Don’t have to submit this form again
16. IMM 5406 - Don’t have to submit this form again
17. Marriage Certificate (Copy) - Certified True Copy
18. Child Birth Certificate (Copy) -
19. Passport Bio Data Page (copy) – submit your Spouse and Child’s passport photocopy. No need to submit your passport copy again. No duplication
21. Employment Contracts (Copy) - Certified True Copy?
23. IELTS (Don’t have to submit again)
24. Proof of Funds
25. Police Certificates (Original) - Principal, Spouse. Children below 18 are exempted from submitting PCC.

Sarveswara

Jun 23, 2010
Hi
But if they stamp on passport and not give a letter, how should we submit the PC C to canada visa office.
I mean we cant submit the original passport..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Dr. Hasib and blueray333.....check VO specific docs for your country carefully. New Delhi VO requires that you "Include photocopies of all pages of the passports/travel documents". As this differs from the CIO request for the BIOPAGE (principal applicant only), I would make sure you include whatever is requested for "for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children".

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
Dr.Hasib said:
U made few mistakes. U should assemble your documents as listed below.
11. IELTS Test Results(Original copy)

Well, #11 is the bank draft itself.

13. IMM 0008 - Generic – Don't have to submit this form again
14. IMM 0008 - Schedule 1 - Don't have to submit this form again
15. IMM 0008 - Schedule 3 - Don't have to submit this form again
16. IMM 5406 - Don't have to submit this form again
17. Marriage Certificate (Copy) - Certified True Copy
18. Child Birth Certificate (Copy) -
19. Passport Bio Data Page (copy) – submit your Spouse and Child's passport photocopy. No need to submit your passport copy again. No duplication
21. Employment Contracts (Copy) - Certified True Copy?
23. IELTS (Don't have to submit again)
24. Proof of Funds
25. Police Certificates (Original) - Principal, Spouse. Children below 18 are exempted from submitting PCC.
Thanks for the reply Dr. Hasib.

For the bank draft, would I still need this if I am planning to pay using a credit card?

Should I be attaching photos to the IMM 0008 - Generic? Or the photos in the envelope will do?

For photocopies like employment contracts, should it be notarized and certified to be a true copy?

Please advice.