+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny.singh said:
plz some one help me

NEW DELHI MY VISA OFCE, HIGH COMSN CONDUCT A FON VERIFCTON DEY TALK WITH 3 PRSONS ONE OF DEM GIVE DEM WRONG INFO

HIGH COMSN SEND ME A LTR AND ASK ME TO SUBMIT SOME SUPPORTNG DOCS WITHIN 30 DYS I SEND DEM ALL DAT I HAVE 112DAYS GONE NO REPLY

I JUST WANT TO KNOW ( DEY REJECT MY APPLYCTN OR CL ME FOR INTERVIEW) & HOW MUCH TIME DEY HAVE MORE TO REPLY

PLZ PLZ REPLY WITH REGRDS : sunny.singh
Send them a case specific inquiry through the link at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp asking to confirm they got the supporting documents and asking them what the next steps are.

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
Do I need to submit Police clearance certificate (PCC) along with other documents while submitting my documents to Central Intake Office (CIO) ??

Actually I am having problems in getting PCC from Saudi Arab. They say that you need to give your file number first? May be the new rules are not understood properly.

Any suggestions please....

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrantapplicant said:
Do I need to submit Police clearance certificate (PCC) along with other documents while submitting my documents to Central Intake Office (CIO) ??

Actually I am having problems in getting PCC from Saudi Arab. They say that you need to give your file number first? May be the new rules are not understood properly.

Any suggestions please....
General rule is you do need to submit a PCC with all the other documents, unless otherwise instructed in the CIC instructions.

For Saudi Arabia, the instructions depend on where you live and what visa office you are applying at so please check the details at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp for your specific situation. For example, if you live in KSA and are applying to the London Visa Office, then you do not need to submit the PCC until later on in the process after they send you a letter of request.

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
Thank you OhCanadiana for your reply. My understanding was that PCC is not needed for SaudiArabia at this stage and you are also saying the same.

I have another query: In the Document Checklist form IMM5612, point # 12 says that Format of Visa office specific document checklist is COPY. Does it mean that all the documents that are to be submitted from Visa office specific document checklist must be Copy (not original)?

However, when we go to Visa office specific document checklist (Appendix A), it asks some things as original like IELTS (original), Transcripts (orginal) etc.

Can you help me in understanding this thing because if I submit the originals by mistake they will probably not be returned. I know, previously, "Visa office specific document checklist" is required in second step with originals but not sure about the current regulations.

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
Also, if we see Appendix A of Visa Office Specific Document, it is written in line # 2,
" Do not send originals unless otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals"

So, OhCanadiana Can u help me in understanding this whole issue.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
By the way, I have a question in regards to photo requirements:

For CIO, it mentioned:
- On the back of one photo of each person, write the name of the person in the photo and his or her height and eye color.

For VO, it mentioned:
- On the back of each photograph, write the name and of birth of the person who appears in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.

Confusing instructions. Can someone shed some light? Thanks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am figuring on putting EXACTLY what they ask....all pics with name, dob, date taken and on just one adding the height and eye colour.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
Pippin said:
I am figuring on putting EXACTLY what they ask....all pics with name, dob, date taken and on just one adding the height and eye colour.
Nice one Pippin. I was also thinking the same thing. I just hope that it is what "they" really mean and expect :)

Karen Chu

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
October 27, 2010
Med's Request
October 6, 2011
Med's Done....
October 27, 2011
Passport Req..
January 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 14, 2012
Hello everyone! I just want to ask something about gathering points in work experience.... I work as a nurse for 3 years but in between them i have a 4 months gap of being unemployed.. How am I rated for this? From april 2007 to march 2009 staff nurse
April to august 2009 unemployef
Sept 2009 up to present working as a nurse
how many points can i get from this? Please help me

strong

Aug 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
Send them a case specific inquiry through the link at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp asking to confirm they got the supporting documents and asking them what the next steps are.
hi ohcanada
thanks for your all input.
one of my sister what to apply under new rule. today my sister which living in canada called call center they didn't help her they said we donot have trainging for new rule.
and contact white lawyer.......!!!!! she caled one of lawyer in toronto, they said just sydney need forms + original IELTS and copy of passport. it is getting crazy we do not know what to do and what to send...
My young sister now she is gathering her documents. i was wondering is she has to gather her doc. with 2 certifiy copy for everything? one to send to sydney and one to visa office in case if we have to sent in 2 steps???? and who we can find out caps is full or not ?????

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrantapplicant said:
Thank you OhCanadiana for your reply. My understanding was that PCC is not needed for SaudiArabia at this stage and you are also saying the same.
You're welcome!

That's true if you are applying to London Visa Office and currently live in KSA. Remember, though, that you do need to send the PCCs for any other countries you've lived in for more than 6 months since you were 18 years old (and in some cases 16 years old).

immigrantapplicant said:
I have another query: In the Document Checklist form IMM5612, point # 12 says that Format of Visa office specific document checklist is COPY. Does it mean that all the documents that are to be submitted from Visa office specific document checklist must be Copy (not original)?

However, when we go to Visa office specific document checklist (Appendix A), it asks some things as original like IELTS (original), Transcripts (orginal) etc.

Can you help me in understanding this thing because if I submit the originals by mistake they will probably not be returned. I know, previously, "Visa office specific document checklist" is required in second step with originals but not sure about the current regulations.
After the new Ministerial Instructions were issued on June 26, 2010, the CIC started changing all the instructions to indicate that you need to send all the documents requested in the visa office specific instructions for the visa office that you select to the CIO with your initial application. The CIC also issued an Operating Bulletin indicating that now the CIO will forward all applications to the visa office and the Backgrounder indicates that the simplified application has been eliminated (and the 120 day period to send documents to the visa office has also been eliminated). I included all the links to these in my prior posts in this thread so you can read them and make your own assessment for your situation.

Based on the above, my read is that you need to send in all the documents included in the visa office checklist in the format requested by the visa office checklist (mostly notarized copies) and a copy of the checklist with the items marked off. Thus, for most visa offices you would need to send in very few original documents, which are labeled as such on the checklist. Typically, originals include:
- PCCs (+translation by an accredited translator)
- the original language test results (IELTS, CELPIP, and/or TEF)
- sealed transcripts
- original signatures on a copy of the application forms

For everything else requested, unless the checklist requests "original" DO NOT send in an original document. Instead, send in notarized copies.

The exception is that - for some items, some visa offices only ask for regular photocopies (e.g., for passport copy). If that's the case for you, you can save some money by not notarizing those. However, if you notarize everything you'll be ok so if you're not sure, just notarize the photocopy.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karen Chu said:
Hello everyone! I just want to ask something about gathering points in work experience.... I work as a nurse for 3 years but in between them i have a 4 months gap of being unemployed.. How am I rated for this? From april 2007 to march 2009 staff nurse
April to august 2009 unemployef
Sept 2009 up to present working as a nurse
how many points can i get from this? Please help me
You can only count the time you were actually working, not the period in between. You'll also need to submit the employer reference letters for each of your jobs.

Karen Chu

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
October 27, 2010
Med's Request
October 6, 2011
Med's Done....
October 27, 2011
Passport Req..
January 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 14, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
You can only count the time you were actually working, not the period in between. You'll also need to submit the employer reference letters for each of your jobs.
oh i see so it doesnt matter if you have gaps in between. Just count the months/ years you are working. Alright. Thank you so much

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strong said:
My young sister now she is gathering her documents. i was wondering is she has to gather her doc. with 2 certifiy copy for everything? one to send to sydney and one to visa office in case if we have to sent in 2 steps???? and who we can find out caps is full or not ?????
You should only need 1 certified copy as the CIO will forward the application to the visa office if approved.

The Backgrounder says they have eliminated the step where you had 120 days to send the documents to the visa office (as part of eliminating the simplified process) and according to Operational Bulletin 218,
f the application is eligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and the entire application will be forwarded to the visa office requested.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob218.asp

I don't think anyone knows if the caps are full or not yet. The CIO is processing applications in the order received and it usually takes at least 6 weeks for them to process and application. Therefore, they are most likely still working on the ones received before June 26. Just focus on sending your application and hope for the best! Remember, everyone else faced with the new rules also had to pull all their documents together before submitting their application now.