+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
Pippin said:
Dr. Hasib and blueray333.....check VO specific docs for your country carefully. New Delhi VO requires that you "Include photocopies of all pages of the passports/travel documents". As this differs from the CIO request for the BIOPAGE (principal applicant only), I would make sure you include whatever is requested for "for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children".
Thanks for the tip Pippin.

Looking at the VO for my country, it says:

Copies of passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:
- the passport number,
- date of issue and expiry
- your photo, name, date and place of birth

i guess this means only the passport bio-page will do for my country's VO.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sarveswara said:
Hi
But if they stamp on passport and not give a letter, how should we submit the PC C to canada visa office.
I mean we cant submit the original passport..
they stamp the passport and also issue the letter. Stamp is proff that you have applied and they have issued the letter to you

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Dear blueray333,
Credit card will do.
Photos in envelop will do.
photocopies like employment contracts, should be notarized.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Pippin said:
Dr. Hasib and blueray333.....check VO specific docs for your country carefully. New Delhi VO requires that you "Include photocopies of all pages of the passports/travel documents". As this differs from the CIO request for the BIOPAGE (principal applicant only), I would make sure you include whatever is requested for "for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children".
Thanks a lot pippin. My visa office(singapore) dosnt require all pages.It says
Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:
•the passport number,
•date of issue and expiry,
•your photo, name, date and place of birth

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
I got another question, I guess this question is for Pippin.

I saw a different thread: lets-joinall-those-who-are-planning-to-send-application-to-cio-under-new-rules (sorry, i cannot put in the link. website says I am not allowed)

I wanted to comfirm with Pippin, or anyone here, in regards to PCC. Do I send it as original or notarized photocopy?

From the thread above, the last I read was Pippin mentioning about it being photocopy? Can anyone confirm? Thank you.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueray333 said:
I saw a different thread: lets-joinall-those-who-are-planning-to-send-application-to-cio-under-new-rules (sorry, i cannot put in the link. website says I am not allowed)

I wanted to comfirm with Pippin, or anyone here, in regards to PCC. Do I send it as original or notarized photocopy?

From the thread above, the last I read was Pippin mentioning about it being photocopy? Can anyone confirm? Thank you.
In most cases you need to submit the "original PCC" + "original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator" to the CIO (per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp).

You can find the details for every country you have lived 6 months or more in since your 16th birthday at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. In most cases, you need to submit certificates only from countries you've lived in over 6 months since your 18th birthday, but there are exceptions where you have to go back to your 16th birthday. There are also certain exceptions where you can submit the PCC later - since you need a formal request from the Canadian government for it to be issued - which are noted in the web site.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I submitted another post a little further down in that thread after speaking to a second person at the Call Centre. The information J. gave me was completely different from the first person, whom I think was still working in the pre-June 26 era! I am sorry for the confusion. The PCC is ORIGINAL.

whosanne

Jun 19, 2010
ohhcan .. as you have said there are exceptions for people to submit pcc later as they will not get without formal request from canada ...can you tell me is this somewhere written on the website coz I am just wtng for pcc in india hyd as it is not easy to get without formal request...is this exception mentioned on the website

Thnx
Whosanne

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
Thanks Pippin and OhCanadiana. It cleared the PCC document.

By the way, are High School and Elementary Transcript of Records needed?

As far as I understood the instructions:
Transcripts: certifiied true copies of transcripts of all degrees.

Since high school and elementaray education are not degrees, then it's not included. Can anyone confirm? thanks.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whosanne said:
ohhcan .. as you have said there are exceptions for people to submit pcc later as they will not get without formal request from canada ...can you tell me is this somewhere written on the website coz I am just wtng for pcc in india hyd as it is not easy to get without formal request...is this exception mentioned on the website

Thnx
Whosanne
Unfortunately, India is not one of the countries that have the exception since you are able to get the PCC yourself. If you are having trouble, try using the instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp and posting a specific thread where people that have gotten the PCC from India can give you tips.

Countries that do not need to provide it initially indicate it very explicitly. For example, the instructions for Mexico say:
"Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes, but not with your initial application.

The visa office where you submit your application will contact you when they need this information."

The reason is that certain governments will prepare PCCs without the specific request from a government entity (local or embassy) so there is absolutely no way applicants could get it before they get a letter from the Embassy of Canada (and the Embassy doesn't want to create lots of unnecessary requests so they first check your eligibility and then give you the letter).

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueray333 said:
Thanks Pippin and OhCanadiana. It cleared the PCC document.

By the way, are High School and Elementary Transcript of Records needed?

As far as I understood the instructions:
Transcripts: certifiied true copies of transcripts of all degrees.

Since high school and elementaray education are not degrees, then it's not included. Can anyone confirm? thanks.
Check your visa office specific instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp.

They usually ask for transcripts for any post-secondary education (eg., technical or vocational certificates) and college or university transcripts but these details do vary across visa office specific instructions so please double check there to ensure you have the right information.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
OhCanadiana said:
Check your visa office specific instructions at

They usually ask for transcripts for any post-secondary education (eg., technical or vocational certificates) and college or university transcripts but these details do vary across visa office specific instructions so please double check there to ensure you have the right information.
Thanks OnCanadiana. Will look into it.

usaloser

May 8, 2009
Guys,

I have never been so confused in my life! I am based in Chicago and Indian citizen. I am trying to apply for 1122 and these are the questions I have:

1) It seems my visa office is Buffalo. What documents besides those mentioned in the IMM5612 checklist do I need? When I go to buffalo link, I do not see any checklist. Can you please give me a link?

2) The first post in this thread states that we need a PCC for all applicants. Who is considered an applicant? Me and my common law partner both or just me? Do I need PCC for my family members that I am declaring (i.e. my father, mother and sister?). Do I need a PCC for my common law?

3) Do I need to send pictures of family members (I have been reading 6 each, but cannot see the link that requests this information).

4) None of my family members are accompanying me. So I should only be paying 550 CAD, correct?

5) I have two degrees from USA, and my English is pretty good (been working in States for five years as a consultant). Do I still need the stupid IELTS?

sunny.singh

Star Member
May 26, 2010
plz some one help me

NEW DELHI MY VISA OFCE, HIGH COMSN CONDUCT A FON VERIFCTON DEY TALK WITH 3 PRSONS ONE OF DEM GIVE DEM WRONG INFO

HIGH COMSN SEND ME A LTR AND ASK ME TO SUBMIT SOME SUPPORTNG DOCS WITHIN 30 DYS I SEND DEM ALL DAT I HAVE 112DAYS GONE NO REPLY

I JUST WANT TO KNOW ( DEY REJECT MY APPLYCTN OR CL ME FOR INTERVIEW) & HOW MUCH TIME DEY HAVE MORE TO REPLY

PLZ PLZ REPLY WITH REGRDS : sunny.singh

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usaloser said:
Guys,

I have never been so confused in my life! I am based in Chicago and Indian citizen. I am trying to apply for 1122 and these are the questions I have:

1) It seems my visa office is Buffalo. What documents besides those mentioned in the IMM5612 checklist do I need? When I go to buffalo link, I do not see any checklist. Can you please give me a link?

2) The first post in this thread states that we need a PCC for all applicants. Who is considered an applicant? Me and my common law partner both or just me? Do I need PCC for my family members that I am declaring (i.e. my father, mother and sister?). Do I need a PCC for my common law?

3) Do I need to send pictures of family members (I have been reading 6 each, but cannot see the link that requests this information).

4) None of my family members are accompanying me. So I should only be paying 550 CAD, correct?

5) I have two degrees from USA, and my English is pretty good (been working in States for five years as a consultant). Do I still need the stupid IELTS?
Hi usaloser - sounds like you are just starting up the process. I would highly recommend you read through the wealth of information on the CIC website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp which has detailed step-by-step instructions. The information on this forum is very helpful to answer specific questions but a bit piecemeal to be using as a comprehensive how-to guide and expect to get a full application.

To answer your questions,

1) You can determine your visa office at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp and the visa office specific instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp have a list of all the documents you need to submit. Note that if you are just applying you need to submit all documents to the CIC upfront - the visa office specific checklists seem to include the instructions to submit everything to the visa office which have since been changed as indicated in the Application Instructions (likely for legacy reasons since people who applied before the rules changed on June 26 2010 still need the old instructions once they get approved by the CIO to submit their documents to the visa office)

2) Look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp#step3 and my answer to (4) below.

3) See #1 as the number of pictures vary from visa office to visa office.

4) There is some information (e.g., additional family information IMM5406) you must submit for your conjugal partner and dependent children aged over 18 "whether accompanying you to Canada or not."
Also, if you want to have the option for family members (incl your common law partner and any dependent children) to EVER immigrate as your family members, you must include info for them upfront in the application. If you don't want them to go through medical, etc now you can choose to do that and sign a statement indicating that (it's included in the Buffalo visa office specific instructions if you want to see an example) so read the instructions very carefully and make a deliberate decision to avoid what could be major headaches later and permanent separation if a family member is not able to immigrate through their own credentials based on future rules in place.

5) Per the new instructions for applications received as of June 26 2010, all principal applicants need to prove their language skills with an examination (so even native English speakers need to take IELTS or CELPIP and native French speakers need to take the TEF). Since your English is good, you shouldn't have any issues with it - it will just take a bit of time to become familiar with it and take less than three hours to complete the exam.

Finally, a tip: the FBI background check is likely on your critical path so start on that soon!