+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
mkshah said:
HI Temasek,
I inquired for the courier charges..
They are charging apprx, 800-1000 upto 500 gm of weight then it is per 100 gm increment.
NOw if my envelope weights 1.5 KG and I am paying Rs. 13,000 as courier charges to the courier company... to deliver the consignment to NS, Sydney... Still I need to affix the postage... If yes, this may be necessary because the courier may be delivered at some other place due to a mistake and in that case to re-route it to the orignal destination, the extra postage stamps are required to affixed on the envelope..
I hope now my understanding is correct...
Pls correct me if I understood otherwise
I am assuming that you are using companies such as FEDEX, UPS, DHL, etc., when referring to courier companies. If yes, then you merely need to fill their consignment note and pay the requisite charges, and they will do the rest. There will be no stamps affixed on the envelope, and delivery is usually through their own fleet and staff (both air and overland).

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Thank you Temasek,
I have one more query..

One of my previuos employer has changed their logo 2 years back and they have issued me reference on the letterhead bearing new logo, though the address and phone number remains the same.

NOw, my query is that since my contract letter with employer and the expereince letter I received at the end of contract are on old letterhead bearing the old logo and I am having the reference letter with new logo.

Will this make any problems or can this cause any kind of misinterpretation in the mind of the IO?

Seniors... in need you your expert advice on this matter.

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
mkshah said:
One of my previuos employer has changed their logo 2 years back and they have issued me reference on the letterhead bearing new logo, though the address and phone number remains the same.

NOw, my query is that since my contract letter with employer and the expereince letter I received at the end of contract are on old letterhead bearing the old logo and I am having the reference letter with new logo.
I had a similar issue. The firm I am currently working is the result of a merger of 2 companies; one of which was also the company I had joined. As there was a change in name, this resulted in different entity names in my Letter of Employment (Contract), and Letter of Reference. Consequently, I just made sure that the Letter of Reference mentioned that bit of information. I also included an explanation letter.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
mkshah said:
Thank you Temasek,
I have one more query..

One of my previuos employer has changed ..................... any kind of misinterpretation in the mind of the IO?

Seniors... in need you your expert advice on this matter.
Dear mkshah

Though it should not make any difference (because you are true from your side and on ground situation is like that). But still to be on safer side you can do either of these two --
(1) Request your previous employer to give you the contract / experience letter on the new letterhead (on the basis of whatever they had given on the old one)
(2) Let the employer know your concern and give you a fresh reference letter, which also mentions about the change in logo.

I will go with the 2nd option. Hope it helped

Cheers, Anil

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi Anil,
Thanks buddy for your reply.
I contacted my previous employer. He has already sent the reference letter by courier today morning only to my address.
The letter is on new letterhead. Anyways, I will keep an explanation note mentioning the change of the logo.
I also inform the concerned personnel officer to attend the confirmatory call may be from CIO/VO in future.

To update regarding my procedure on the application I am in the process of gathering my documents.
IELTS: done, result not received in my hand. Whom should I contact
Transcripts: Yet to be done, I have old copies issued in 2003, will this be considered
POF: Made FDs and taken bank verification letter for Balance in A/c. Thinking of getting my house property valuation to include as POF at CIO Stage.
PCC: As advised by CIC, not required at this stage, yet planning to get one and will send with application
Reference Letters/Experience Letters: it is on the way from one employer of NOC jobs. Yet to receive from latest employer of NOC jobs.
One query is that: Is it require to get experience letter for all jobs which I mention in Schedule 1 in personal history and in Schedule 3 in jobs I did in last 10 yrs/since starting of my career. or it is required only for NOC jobs I m claiming points for. Because I am not having experience letters or even relieving letters from 2 of my previous employers, but this jobs are not NOC jobs I m claiming points for.
Notarised copies: Yet to be done
Application Forms: Form Filling Starting just now
I have one query regarding application forms. I was taking printout of all the forms uploaded on CIC website.
Should I take them on both the side of paper or on single side of paper?

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
hello all
could anyone guide me about what all is admissible under proof of funds?

insurance policies unit linked?????????????

what document has to be provided as proof from bank???????? 6 months statement? bank verification letter about balance??

gold???????

property????????

unencumbered funds.........FDs, NSC, KVP, MF ........ok

deex

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
mkshah said:
Hi Anil,
Thanks buddy ............................ side of paper or on single side of paper?[/b]
Hi MKShah

Thanks....it will be better if the explanation about the logo thing is from your employer :)
(1) When did you give the exam.... it takes usually 13-14 days to get the result confirmation on your mobile and within next 4-6 working days you will get the TRF. Contact your local office from where you have applied......hmmmm...you can even check online 8) 8)
(2) Yes...they may.....but on the other hand it is toooo old....why don't you apply, as it takes not more than a day or 2 to get these (in case if you are in the same city!!!!)
(3) PCC - Don't want to discuss more...... NOW it is quite clear...still..... if you have PCC OR by the time your application is ready (and you have PCC), send the original. DON'T wait for PCC to come and then sending the application.
(4) As per the instructions... experience letter / references have to be for the last 10 years... to establish your credentials in the last 10 years...that too NOC specific.... Better give last 10 years reference letters, for whichever NOC 8) 8). Give clarifications, if letters are not available for some specific period.
(5) Get the photocopies notarized after you are ready with ALL the documents.... I have already been to an advocate 3 times...still one document to go... :p :p :p
(6) I think it has to be one sided... I was also confused and was thinking .... finally decided to print on single side :eek: 8) :p

By the time we get our visa stamped (hopefully)..... teen se char liter khoon jal chuka hoga... :eek: :eek: ;D ;D :'(
Cheers, Anil

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi Anil,
Ya, I am having reference letters for all NOC jobs. But apart from these NOC jobs, I worked for some non-NOC jobs too, and for 2 of non-NOC jobs I am not having experience letters. Is it required to submit the Experience letter of non-NOC jobs too with application form?
anil04_10 said:
Hi MKShah

Thanks....it will be better if the explanation about the logo thing is from your employer :)
(1) When did you give the exam.... it takes usually 13-14 days to get the result confirmation on your mobile and within next 4-6 working days you will get the TRF. Contact your local office from where you have applied......hmmmm...you can even check online 8) 8)
(2) Yes...they may.....but on the other hand it is toooo old....why don't you apply, as it takes not more than a day or 2 to get these (in case if you are in the same city!!!!)
(3) PCC - Don't want to discuss more...... NOW it is quite clear...still..... if you have PCC OR by the time your application is ready (and you have PCC), send the original. DON'T wait for PCC to come and then sending the application.
(4) As per the instructions... experience letter / references have to be for the last 10 years... to establish your credentials in the last 10 years...that too NOC specific.... Better give last 10 years reference letters, for whichever NOC 8) 8). Give clarifications, if letters are not available for some specific period.
(5) Get the photocopies notarized after you are ready with ALL the documents.... I have already been to an advocate 3 times...still one document to go... :p :p :p
(6) I think it has to be one sided... I was also confused and was thinking .... finally decided to print on single side :eek: 8) :p

By the time we get our visa stamped (hopefully)..... teen se char liter khoon jal chuka hoga... :eek: :eek: ;D ;D :'(
Cheers, Anil

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anil many thanks for your answers!

Really appreciated

:)

anil04_10 said:
Hi Nitin

As per my knowledge (may be assumption :))

Elementary/primary school: Class 1-8
Secondary/High School: Class 9-12
University/College: Graduation+ Post Graduation

These are the number of years that you have studied... anyways the total will come to 8+4+Grad.+PG. So even your total comes to the same. Grad / PG varies from course to course (2-4 yrs). You have to fill the total # of degree years completed in the 3rd col. 4th Col. is for diplomas or some trade courses (ITI) that one might have done.

Cheers, Anil

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
mkshah said:
Hi Anil,
Ya, I am having reference letters for all NOC jobs. But apart from these NOC jobs, I worked for some non-NOC jobs too, and for 2 of non-NOC jobs I am not having experience letters. Is it required to submit the Experience letter of non-NOC jobs too with application form?
Arre yaar

Actually speaking, it is not required. Moreover it is there in the form also.... "List only occupations that fall in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the NOC" . Take care

Anil

bhavikcpatel

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent With Original Application to CIO ,
AOR Received.
11-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Original Application to CIO ( 6 Band - 8 Point)
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Med's Request
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-06-2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2011
LANDED..........
13-12-2011
Hi Anil,

I am planning to apply for Skilled Worked PR file under Job Code: Architect.

I have some doubts about Proof of fund.

1. Should I use my Stocks ( Demat Account current stock holding statement )
2. Should I use my Mutual funds statements as a part of POF
3. Let say If I am planning to show my Bank Balance , FD, Stocks and Mutual Fund then is it goof idea to attach one certificate assessed by CA for all the four (bank balance, FD ,STock and MF) document valuation and club into single paper and show as covering letter for POF. or kindly suggest me best way to show POF , is there any covering letter type required or not as I will be sending 2 Bank Statements, 3-4 Mutual Fund statements and one or two demat holding statements

Thanks

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
bhavikcpatel said:
Hi Anil,

I have some doubts about Proof of fund.

1. Should I use my Stocks ( Demat Account current stock holding statement )
2. Should I use my Mutual funds statements as a part of POF
3. Let say If I am planning to show my Bank Balance , FD, Stocks and Mutual Fund then is it goof idea to attach one certificate assessed by CA for all the four (bank balance, FD ,STock and MF) document valuation and club into single paper and show as covering letter for POF. or kindly suggest me best way to show POF , is there any covering letter type required or not as I will be sending 2 Bank Statements, 3-4 Mutual Fund statements and one or two demat holding statements

Thanks
Hi Bhavik,

Great to know another architect entering the list :) My huby is an Architect and he is the principal applicant from India. When are you planning to launch your application? Where are you on paper work? Hope ND is your Visa Office. Please update your details at the other thread, which is specially for people applying post June 26.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-after-266-in-any-noc-connect-here-to-get-the-status-t49421.0.html;new#new

Next, about your POF question, it is advised to have the documentation as simple and straight forward as possible. The best way is to show liquid cash in your or your spouse's bank account. All you need to do is, just get a current balance statement printed and get the bank's seal on it. Next, get a current balance certificate from the branch manager mentioning the date on which the account is opened etc.,

As far as my research would take me, i do not think CIO will accept the stocks :-\(i'm not an expert and stand to be corrected). But FD should work too :)

Please keep us posted on your application time lines as in the quoted link and good luck with your application.
Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
bhavikcpatel said:
Hi Anil,

........................ Bank Statements, 3-4 Mutual Fund statements and one or two demat holding statements

Thanks
Hi Bhavik

I fully agree with Indira...... The specific requirement of VO for PoF is quite clear. Basically they want a clear demarkation about your hard cash / liquid funds, that is READILY available at any point of time. So the best bet will be your bank balance and deposits, like Fds, KVPs, PO FDs....because the principal value will remain the same....whereas same does not apply for properties, MFs, stocks and even gold!!! And I sincerely hope that you are eligible..... ;) ;)

As for the statement from CA... I don't think it is a good idea..... it is no where mentioned and not logical....... its like we going to a notary with a forwarding letter mentioning the list of documents we are having and getting THAT letter notarised instead of the whole bunch. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D :mad:

All the Best

Cheers, Anil

wsfp5

Sep 9, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 10, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 5, 2011
Med's Request
Apr 29, 2011
Med's Done....
May 23, 2011
Passport Req..
Aug 2, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 15, 2011
@Bhavik

Make sure you show your POF in terms of Bank St. for the past 6 months. CIC requires it to be for the past 6 months. Even though you might not have funds in your account for all that time, you need to give them a 6 month bank history.

G'luck!

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
wsfp5 said:
@ Bhavik

Make sure you show your POF in terms of Bank St. for the past 6 months. CIC requires it to be for the past 6 months. Even though you might not have funds in your account for all that time, you need to give them a 6 month bank history.

G'luck!
Dear wsfp5

Just for the clarification... Is it mentioned anywhere that we have to submit statement for last 6 months ???... Thanks
Cheers, Anil