+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status complications (study-permit)

komostati

May 7, 2017
Hi there,

My study permit expired on June 2nd and I still have one more class to finish my Masters in Fall 2019.

I had balance on my student account, so the school refused to allow me to register . Therefore, in order to keep an implied status, I sent a study permit application,missing the proof of registration, by mail on May 20th. [I did by mail because I'm also waiting for the new CAQ so basically buying some time]

I was able to pay the school few days ago and I will get a proof of registration paper in the next couple days.

The question will be: Is there a way I can send the missing paper and ask to add it to the application so the file becomes complete when they start processing it?

Thank you very much!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Not necessarily. As it's a required part of the application, your application may be refused because you did not have proof of confirmation when you submitted it. You can try to submit it by webform, but they will also see a difference in dates - you submitted the application before you had confirmation of enrolment.

It may not be an issue, but it still could be.

Reactions: komostati