+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

90 Days (after study permit expires)

komostati

May 7, 2017
Hi,

My study permit expires in early June and I have one class left for the Fall. As far as I know, in order to renew, I need to provide a proof of registration for that class.

The issue:

I did both my undergrad and grad as international (lots of money). I still owe a good amount for this year tuition and the school is refusing to give me documents until I finish paying (Not negotiable)

I can pay the whole amount by July. But my permit expires in June 5th.

The Question:

Taking worst case scenario, would I be safe/legal to restore my status in mid July for example ?

(Note I'm in Quebec so I need CAQ first too)

Please advise.

Thank You .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

My study permit expires in early June and I have one class left for the Fall. As far as I know, in order to renew, I need to provide a proof of registration for that class.

The issue:

I did both my undergrad and grad as international (lots of money). I still owe a good amount for this year tuition and the school is refusing to give me documents until I finish paying (Not negotiable)

The Question:

Taking worst case scenario, would I be safe/legal to restore my status in mid July for example ?

Please advise.

Thank You .
It's quite risky. It can sometimes take several months for a restoration application to be processed. Quite possible you may not have a valid study permit in time to start your classes in September.

Reactions: komostati

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

The issue:

The Question:

Please advise.

Thank You .
Apply to change your status to visitor prior to your study permit expiring.

Reactions: komostati