+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrating as Self-Employed, is there a specification on supporting documents?

Discussion in 'Business Immigration' started by PatrickPaes, Feb 27, 2017.

  1. Hello guys! I'm planning on applying in November because I'm waiting to get proof of legal separation from my wife and in the meantime gathering and translating all the required docs. Do you know if a company letterhead (music and film industry field) that states my collaboration with them is considered good proof of working experience? I'm gathering everything I can from all the productions I worked with.

    Thank you in advance for your help!
  2. The CIC instructions say you should include as much proof as you can so am sure having the letter won't hurt. But you should probably include more than that if you can. For example if you are able to show them the productions you have worked on somehow (upload on Youtube and include the link maybe). All the best with your application and hopefully you will update us on your progress too.
  3. Hello BaNana82 and thank you for your reply.
    I'm wondering how to include youtube link on a paper application sent via mail. You think they would take the time to type in the link into a browser and check?
  4. Hehe I don't know to be honest. The instructions say it's upon the applicant to provide whatever they feel is proof enough. I included links and it seemed to work. Since you have to type in the info it's a simple copy and paste from you. Let them worry if it's good enough or not
  5. I guess you're right! Hahaha

    Since you already did it, can I ask you how did you prove your economic situation is stable enough to provide for yourself (or you and your sponsor)? Since in the checklist form there's no trace of "bank statement" requirement anywhere.
  6. Just write a figure higher than the requirements on the Section 6 form. When the application is transferred to your local visa office they will send you an email to request all those documents of proof
  7. I see! Thank you so much.

    Do you remember what they asked you? I guess Bank statement is must course.
  8. Yes they will ask for certified bank statements. Also medicals request, police clearance certificates (in case you miss any when you send in your application), recent passport photos and proof of payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Some might differ for you though
  9. OK so a bank statement issued by the bank (in English) is good enough for them! That's perfect! Thanks a lot
  10. Hello dear friends.

    This is Navid. I am 26 years old. I've got a bachelors degree in English Translation. Have worked as a Translator since 2013 in a Translating Office.
    Recently found out that translators are also categorized under the self-employed federal program.

    I wasn't able to find more information regarding the regulations and rules and how could I apply this way.

    I would appreciate anyone guiding me through.

    Thanks in advance.
  11. Given Canada is English speaking apart from Quebec what language would plan to be translating ?
  12. I am Iranian and I am an English-Persian translator/interpreter.
  13. You can read through this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/self-employed/index.asp Then for any further questions you can just ask and we can see how to help
  14. Dear friends
    Please inform us about the supporting documents you used

Share This Page